What have you thought of Samoa Joe's title reign so far?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
What have you guys thought of Joe title reign so far? Personally I thought Joe has been awesome as Champion so far and I think you have to give credit to the TNA Booking team although someone else is running around with the title belt, but I pretty sure Joe will regain the title at Hard Justice. Anyway Joe's reign reminds of a few superstars from the past, guys like Goldberg back in WcW when he won the World Championship, he just destroyed the completion until he lost the belt. Another guy Joe’s title reign resembles is one Brock Lesnar but I am not going to go into that.

Anyway Joe has run over his competition from Steiner, Kaz, and Angle to being the first man to retain the title in KOTM. I know ratings haven’t really peaked since he won the belt and although in the past I haven’t been the biggest Joe fan, even I have to admit I kind of like Joe now.

Anyway what do you guys think about Joe's title reign so far?

chessarmy

I'm enjoying it, I don't really like the fact that Booker "stole" the belt, but I'm sure Joe will take it back at Hard Justice. Joe deserves the TNA World Title and I'm glad TNA finally pulled the trigger and gave him the belt

xtremebadass

I am not a big fan of this title reign. I see it going nowhere. His charisma has really hit a low and he hardly wrestles on iMPACT! so I don't know how his ring skills bettered or worsened. He hasn't had good rivalries either. His only successful main event feud was with Angle. Booker stole the belt? So even though Samoa Joe is champ, stupid fans wouldn't even know it. A feud with Kevin Nash doesn't impress me and a feud with Sting really doesn't win me over as a BFG main event. I am just not too happy with the reign altogether. Angle and Styles are just feuding by themselves while Joe really doesn't do anything. Hell, I would rather have Christian as champ, and I am not Mr. Instant Classic either.

Sorry to all you Joe-Lovers/

gashface

Reaction score
I'm too happy with it either, I don't feel like it has really felt very awe inspiring or special. Though that could be due to the feuds they have placed Joe in. I'm not a Booker T fan.

Switchy

Reaction score
Joe's title reign has been nothing more than average to me because as the champion nothing has changed about him. When you gives guys like Kurt Angle and Christian the title and stick them on the mic they make it known that they are the champion and that no-one can beat them and make their title reigns entertaining and add it to their characters and who they are but from what I see Joe just carries it around (and he ain't even doing that now Booker "stole" the title).

TK.GFX

Reaction score
Joe's title reign has been nothing more than average to me because as the champion nothing has changed about him. When you gives guys like Kurt Angle and Christian the title and stick them on the mic they make it known that they are the champion and that no-one can beat them and make their title reigns entertaining and add it to their characters and who they are but from what I see Joe just carries it around (and he ain't even doing that now Booker "stole" the title).

Agreed. Joe's title run has felt lackluster to me.

Reaction score
Well, I like it. It's really bringing some fresh main event matches. I love Angle, Jarrett, and Cage but there was a needed change of direction. The 3 way at Sacrifice was much better than expected. Winning KOTM...awesome.

The real test comes after dropping the title. That's when you tweak the character. He's been a hard ass long enough. Don't make him a comedy doofus, maybe a guy who shows more personality.