WCW 2001: A New Beginning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
2n6au61.jpg

977m1i.jpg

Mid March 2001,
I. As One Door Opens, Another Closes...

AOL Time Warner has decided to sell World Championship Wrestling and all of it's properties. The day has finally arrived, AOL Time Warner has decided to not only sell off World Championship Wrestling, but also cancel all WCW programming on their networks. Upon hearing this information, former Executive Producer Eric Bischoff asks AOL Time Warner to give him a chance to pull up the ratings and to turn WCW into a profitable company once again. AOL tells Bischoff that they want no part of professional wrestling and it is in their best interest to sell. Bischoff offers deal to AOL Time Warner to buy out WCW and all of it's properties and ongoing contracts if he can find the proper investor to help him buy WCW. AOL Time Warner tells Bischoff that if he can have a deal closed by March 30th with a group of investors that would be willing to buy WCW from them along with take up all the remaining talent contracts, then they would sell WCW to him. Upon hearing this information,

WWF CEO Vince Mcmahon offers a deal to buy out WCW for a modest 10 million.

Mcmahon tells AOL that not only will he settle the deal out without any issue going to court, but he will assure that AOL Time Warner has no further ties to WCW or professional wrestling. While this does sound very appealing to AOL, they decide to decline Mcmahon's offer and give Bischoff the chance to make do on his commitment to find a group of investors to buy out WCW. However, AOL does tell Mcmahon that if Bischoff cannot find a group of investors by March 30th, than they will take Mcmahon up on his offer to settle this fiasco out. Bischoff frantically meets with several different investors and investment companies, but it seems as though if each deal falls through, once they are told that they will be required to pay out all of former WCW talent contracts. Bischoff is told by AOL that they will make no exceptions and if he does not have a way to buy out WCW by March 30th, that they will take up Mcmahon's offer to sell it for 10 million.

As Bischoff desperately tries to find an investment group to fund WCW, he has a meeting with former owner of WCW, Ted Turner. Turner helps Bischoff set up a meeting with energy conglomerate, Duke Energy. After the meeting, Bischoff is able to convince Duke Energy of his past success with WCW, and that if WCW does take a loss in this matter, that he will find a way to sign a majority of the talent and all active talent into new contracts that would assure that if WCW does go under, that they would only be entitled to the amount of time in their contract that was actually worked. As Bischoff goes to sign the deal with AOL Time Warner in cooperation with Duke Energy, a mysterious phone call is made from an undisclosed source to Duke Energy advising them of the financial risk of WCW at the present time, along with current contracted WCW wrestlers Lex Luger and Konnan being arrested on drug trafficking charges. In lieu of this, Duke Energy feels that WCW is too much of a liability and backs out of the 60 million figure that they had agreed to with Bischoff to pay AOL Time Warner for WCW.

As the end of the month draws near, Eric Bischoff is then left without a glimmer of hope....

Late March 2001,
II. The Absence of Glimmer Becomes a Beam....

As Bischoff's deal with Duke Energy falls through, AOL Time Warner notifies Mcmahon that they will most likely be following through with his deal at the end of the month...
While Bischoff is racking his brain to muster up a solid group of investors, he gets a phone call from former boss Ted Turner that he has been talking with an unknown group Cox Media Communications about possibly starting up an already established professional wrestling company. Bischoff immediately goes into a meeting with Cox Media CEO Landon Williams, outlining all of his ideas and visions for what WCW can become once again. Williams tells Bischoff that they will fund the 60 million to him to buy out WCW, but the only condition is that they be allowed creative control over the WCW product and all of the talent. Bischoff reluctantly agrees to these terms and tells Williams that him and his friend and colleague Jason Hervey will produce all of the programming themselves.

So, the contract is signed and the deal is set in stone. Cox Media Communications officially owns World Championship Wrestling and Eric Bischoff is named the Executive Producer of World Championship Wrestling once again.

After the contract is signed and the deal is made, Eric Bischoff tries to work a deal with AOL Time Warner to continue to air WCW Monday Night Nitro on TNT, but AOL Time Warner refuses and states that they never wish to air any professional wrestling content on their networks again. So, at this point and time WCW has been purchased as well as all the talent contracts have been converted, but they are without a television network to air their programming.

April 5th 2001,
III. An Old Enemy Becomes An Ally...

With Bischoff and Cox Media frantically trying to find a television network to air WCW programming, they finally set up a meeting with USA Network, the network that previously aired WWF Monday Night RAW. With WWF RAW taking off on TNN, USA Network is in the market for picking up a professional wrestling show once again. In the meeting, Bischoff tells USA that the only way that they will be able to compete with the WWF again is if they can be given the same time slot that they had in the Turner era by going to head to head with RAW. USA tells Bischoff that they feel it would be a bad idea to go head to head with RAW for the time being, due to it being too big of a risk for WCW and USA Network. Bischoff tells USA that the only reason that WCW was successful is because they did go head to head with Mcmahon.

USA and Bischoff finally reach an agreement to air a primetime slot weekly on Saturday nights once again at 6:05pm eastern standard time.

Bischoff tells USA that he will be going back to the original format of WCW Saturday Night and once they can build up a fan base once again, wants to change time slots to compete directly with Mcmahon. USA tells Bischoff that if they can prove their sustainability and improve WCW in the Saturday night time slot, than they can revisit the Monday Night War situation in 6 months.

The date is set for the first show of WCW Saturday Night to debut on May 12th, 2001 and will be airing live from The Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Georgia.

And we are off to the races....

WCW Management and Other Talent

WCW Executive Producer: Eric Bischoff
WCW Commissioner: Larry Zbyszko

WCW Head Of Talent Relations: Dusty Rhodes
In Ring Announcer: David Penzer
Backstage Interviewers: Jeremy Borash and Gorgeous George
Referees: Nick Patrick (Senior Official), Randy Anderson, and Charles Robinson

2hicjh4.jpg

World Championship Wrestling features one 2 hour weekly program.

wiwyad.jpg

Every Saturday Night @ 6:05pm EST On USA Network. Ringside Commentary done by Tony Schiavone, "The Professor" Mike Tenay, and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

WCW Saturday Night! EPISODES
Episode One : May 12, 2001
Episode Two : May 19, 2001

Episode Three : May 26, 2001
Episode Four : June 2, 2001

Theme Song:
"Freak On A Leash" by Korn

16ia8gg.jpg

WCW World Heavyweight Champion : "Double J" Jeff Jarrett
Previous Champion: Booker T

WCW United States Champion : "The Franchise" Shane Douglas
Previous Champion: Booker T

WCW Cruiserweight Champion : Chavo Guerrero
Previous Champion: "Sugar" Shane Helms

WCW World Tag Team Champions : Lethal Fusion (Mike Awesome/Sean O'Haire)
Previous Champion: Kronik

2iaeely.jpg

"Double J" Jeff Jarrett
Goldberg
Sting
Booker T
Sid Vicious
"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner
Diamond Dallas Page
"The Franchise" Shane Douglas
Bam Bam Bigelow
Rob Van Dam
Stevie Ray
New Jack
Mustafa Saed
Billy Kidman
Rey Meysterio Jr.
Ron Harris
Don Harris
Mike Awesome
Sean O'Haire
Raven
Buff Bagwell
Chavo Guerrero
"Sugar" Shane Helms
Disco Inferno
2 Cold Scorpio
Luthor (formerly Bull Buchanan)
"Rebel" Jamie Noble
Big Vito
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

2n6hter.jpg

TAG TEAMS
Filthy Animals : Billy Kidman and Rey Meysterio Jr.

The Harris Brothers : Ron Harris and Don Harris

The Gangstaz : New Jack and Stevie Ray

Lethal Fusion : Mike Awesome and Sean O'Haire

STABLES
The Gangstas : New Jack, Stevie Ray, and Mustafa Saed

2q3vq54.jpg

Jim Cornette : Lethal Fusion (Mike Awesome and Sean O Haire)

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Henning : "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

Kimberly : "The Franchise" Shane Douglas

Torrie Wilson : Filthy Animals (Billy Kidman and Rey Meysterio Jr)

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
2upvgqb.jpg

Limited WCW Web-Exclusive!
credit of: wcw.com

World Championship Wrestling has undergone several changes that WCW Executive Producer Eric Bischoff states is to the benefit of WCW and WCW creative. WCW legend Dusty Rhodes has been named the head of talent relations, and will also serve as a road agent for WCW. Terry Funk has been named the head trainer at the WCW Power Plant and has officially retired from professional wrestling.

WCW Executive Producer Eric Bischoff states that any talent that he does not feel is ready for prime time wrestling will either be released or sent to the Power Plant to be trained under Terry Funk. Bischoff has stated that they are also under the wire to acquire new and exciting WCW talent.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Henning has officially retired from active wrestling.

World Championship Wrestling Have Came To Terms Of Release With The Following Talent

Mark Madden
"Mean Gene" Okerlund
Animal
Air Paris
Bam Bam Bigelow
Big Vito
Kid Kash
Chuck Palumbo
Crowbar
Elix Skipper
Ernest Miller
Evan Karagias
Goldberg
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Jason Jett
Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli
Kaz Hayashi
Kwee Wee
Kid Romeo
Brian Adams
Brian Clark
Konnan
Lex Luger
M.I. Smooth
Meng
Mike Sanders
Norman Smiley
Reno
Ric Flair
Rick Steiner
Scotty O
Shawn Stasiak
The Demon (KISS Demon)
The Wall
Yun Yang
Hugh Morris

WCW Have Added The Following To The Power Plant
Head Trainer: Terry Funk
Other Trainers: Paul Orndorff, Lance Storm, and Dean Malenko

Shannon Moore
Mark Jindrak
Nigel McGuinness
Chris Parks
Samoa Joe
Christopher Daniels
Brock Lesnar
Shelton Benjamin
Charlie Haas
Nick Nemeth
Tito Ortiz

PWTorch Exclusive (04/03/01)

-Ric Flair reportedly wants out of his WCW contract, and after several attempts by Eric Bischoff to convince Flair to join the booking committee, Flair has refused. Flair is reportedly telling WCW that if they do not let him out of his WCW contract, that he will retire from professional wrestling.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
Wrestling Observer (04/05/01)

-We sat down with WCW Executive Producer Eric Bischoff and discussed many different topics leading into the rebirth of WCW. Here are a couple excerpts from that interview:

Q: What exactly are your plans going forward with WCW? And why did you think that established talent needed to be sent back down to the Power Plant?

Eric Bischoff: Well, first off WCW is going to start fresh. That's been our biggest issue in the past is that we say we want to start fresh, but we always go in with preconceived notions and it goes back to business as usual. But we can't do that at this point. There is a lot more riding on this at this time. We don't have Turner behind this. Honestly, our investors are taking a huge gamble in this and so is USA Network, and we can't be more grateful for the chance that they have given WCW and I can't be anymore grateful with the chance they are giving me personally. But I feel that going forward we are going to make this a well oiled machine, and we will be a competitor against Mcmahon again. As for talent being sent back down to the Power Plant....first off, that isn't something they should even be upset about that. If I didn't think they had potential or couldn't be something in this business, they would've been released like all the other talent we released. The guys in the Power Plant are the guys who I have full support in, I just want them to be the absolute best that they can be. I want them to be a success in this business, and until they are truly ready for prime time, I'm not going to throw them out there to die a slow miserable death. If I didn't have any stock in them, they wouldn't be on the pay roll right now.

Q: Okay, well getting back to your point. You stated that USA Network has put a lot of stock in WCW and you personally. Why are you guys not going head to head with Mcmahon again?

Eric Bischoff: Head to head? Are you serious? We couldn't do that right now. Trust me, one day we are going to be able to get in that battle again. But right now, we couldn't possibly do that and be successful. We need to get our guys over again and most importantly our company over again. This company has been through so many reconstructions and new directions that I think a lot of the fans have lost faith and most importantly interest in us. We need to build that up again. We need to send the statement out to the fans that we are going to move into one concrete, fluid, and positive direction. And that's what I'll tell all the guys in the back, if you're not wanting this to succeed and if you're not pushing for one direction, then you can just leave. We don't have time or the money to upkeep you any longer. I have given my entire mind, body, and soul to this company and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure this company succeeds. We are going to make Saturday nights OUR NIGHT. We control Saturday nights and that is why I'm going to make the first show and all the shows after that the best damn 2 hour wrestling show you've ever watched.

Q: I'm excited to see it. What about Rob Van Dam? I mean us as fans can see why you would put guys like AJ Styles or the load of independent guys you've got down there in the Power Plant like Samoa Joe, Charlie Haas, Brock Lesnar. But why are you placing Van Dam down there? He was a huge star in ECW and I think is just as capable as anyone on your roster of primetime?

Eric Bischoff: Well, you just answered your own question. Where was he over? What market did he appeal to the fans? Where was he a "big star"? He was a big star in ECW. That doesn't mean much. ECW has never been on the scale of the WWF or WCW for that matter. Let's face it and be honest, ECW is nothing but a glorified indy promotion. They never turned the profit or revenue that WCW or WWF did. They never had the fan base that WCW or WWF did. They definitely never had the ratings that WWF or WCW did. What makes them a reputable company? I mean, why the hell do you think TNN dropped them and went with RAW? Because ECW was not worth the air time. Van Dam down in ECW was a big fish in a relatively small pond. Now that's not saying that he isn't a talented guy. He is extremely talented. I have all the faith in the world in Van Dam that he is going to be a huge star in WCW. But the fact that Van Dam was a big star in ECW doesn't mean much of anything. He needs to hone his skills down in the Power Plant and become the star that we all know in WCW that he can be.

Q: So, how does Van Dam feel about this transition?

Eric Bischoff: Well, I can't speak for him, but I hope and he better hope that he is fine with it. The WWF didn't want him and couldn't see the potential in his talent, and quite frankly, WCW doesn't need him as much as he needs WCW.

Q: What about the issues that you have had with Ric Flair?

Eric Bischoff: I don't know of any "issues"...

Q: No I mean, the issues that you have with Ric Flair lately. It was reported that Flair wanted out of his contract and had given you the ultimatum that if you do not let him out of his contract that he will retire from professional wrestling.

Eric Bischoff: Well, first off, that would be a breach of his contract. He can't just "leave the company". But yes, we did have an issue with his contract. And I told him, if he wanted out of his contract, he can get out of his contract. I was hoping that wasn't what he wanted to do, because the guy is a legend, and I feel could really help a lot of the younger guys not only get over but could really help the product creatively. He gave up on WCW and he spit in the face of all the young talent who he needs to pass the torch onto. I had even offered him a spot on the creative team. But he didn't want it. So, no hard feelings. I let him go. He can do whatever he wants, but honestly I personally don't want him back in WCW. He gave up on WCW, and for that, he can stay out of WCW, even when we succeed.

Q: It was shocking when you were able to sign Raven and Bull Buchanan, knowing that they are both WWF guys. How did that come about?

Eric Bischoff: Well, for Bull Buchanan the guy's contract had expired with the WWF 4 months prior. He was not under contract in the WWF. The WWF obviously was not doing anything with him and was not interested on picking him up, I saw my opportunity to make an overture to him, and he decided to sign with World Championship Wrestling. It's not a fault on the WWF, it's just I see something in him that they may not see in him. Now as for Raven...he was originally with WCW previously. His contract actually came up last Sunday night. I knew this and made a phone call to him about 3 days before it was coming up for expiration. I gave him the right figure and he decided that it would be best for him to come back over to WCW. I told him of my ideas to push his character, he is undoubtedly going to have the biggest push of his career in this stint of WCW and I feel like we are going to make a lot of money with the Raven character. Come Monday morning, the WWF dropped the ball and didn't sign him, he flew out to Atlanta and he signed the papers Monday afternoon. And trust me when I say that what you witnessed with his tenure in WWF is nothing compared to what he is going to do in WCW.

Q: What are some of the young talent that you're looking forward to working with?

Eric Bischoff: Well, I think every guy in the Power Plant right now is a star in the making. We've got an animal like Brock Lesnar down there. He's fresh out of college and was an NCAA amateur wrestling monster out there. He's definitely going to be a big player here in the next 7 to 8 months. We got a group of guys down there Charlie Haas, Nigel Mcguinness, and Shelton Benjamin who are phenomenal workers, we just need to tune them up a little bit. But when they come out of there they are all future world champions. Just a lot of guys down there. I feel like more so now than ever we have the greatest farm system we have ever had and I feel like when those guys come in to their own, they are all going to be superstars of the new generation.

Q: Speaking of which, Brock Lesnar...we heard that he was actually set to go into developmental for the WWF. What made him make that jump?

Eric Bischoff: Well, Brock is a guy with loads of potential. He's only 23 years old. I think the reason the WWF was after him is the same reason we were after him. He is just consumed with so much raw talent. He has a great look and loads of charisma, and when the guy walks out, everyone can see that in him. As for the reason he came over to WCW over the WWF probably had something to do with the money. To my understanding, the WWF was not going to give him any kind of guarantee until he was set to hit TV. We gave him the option of for one getting paid right now, and a promise of a raise on his contract when he makes it to TV. He has that guarantee, and honestly in this business, its at a point where we can't really give guarantees to many guys anymore. But there is something special about that kid, and I think he could see how much stock we are putting into him. The guy is a machine and I don't doubt at all that he'll be making an impact in WCW within 3 or 4 months.

Q: Now a name that you haven't really mentioned much that is at the Power Plant is MMA fighting sensation Tito Ortiz. Do you care to elaborate about that relationship?

Eric Bischoff: Well, he's another guy. He's a secret weapon. Technically he isn't even on the roster right now. He's just a Power Plant guy. He gave us the assurance that he would test the waters a little bit and decide if this is a good fit for him or not. Honestly, the UFC is really not at the point he wants it to be right now, and I think he has a lot of faith in my ability in marketing to make him a star, maybe even more than he has in the UFC. I can't tell you whether or not the UFC is really going to boom. I do know that it's been out for almost ten years and it really isn't any further along now than it was 10 years ago. But WCW is not going to be at this point for long. We are going to rise to the occasion and not only make this the premier wrestling company in the world once again, but the premier sports and entertainment company in the world.

Q: You had mentioned the Power Plant. How did you come up with your list of trainers for the Power Plant? I mean that must've taken a lot to bring in a guy like Dean Malenko who was under WWF contract.

Eric Bischoff: Again, you're mistaken. Malenko was not under the WWF contract at the time of his signing. It's another miscue by the WWF to sign him to another deal, Malenko was a free agent for a good 2 months before we signed him to a WCW contract, and quite frankly he is being paid very well. I had this same talk with Malenko when we signed him. He honestly does not want to wrestle anymore, and I think this business and company will be a lot more sufficient if he can give the young guys the rub to become stars. He's the one guy, along with Lance Storm down there, who can teach these kids how to work in the ring. Working is not just a typical chair shot or flaming table like Van Dam or someone is used to. It's about the psychology of the business and honing your craft, and quite frankly, Storm and Malenko are some of the best ring technicians this business has ever had. As for Terry Funk, the guy is a legend. And he has been at the top of every single promotion he has ever been in. He's a 30 plus year vet and he knows how to get a reaction from the crowd. The same goes for Paul Orndorf, he knows how to be a star.

You can go on Dave Meltzer's column to listen to the full radio interview with Eric Bischoff. Some of the other topics discussed: the downfall of WCW, what led up to the Turner sell, Hogan's role if any in the new WCW, rebuilding the tag team division, and future stars of the company.​

TeamPoser101

Reaction score

161duvk.jpg

May 5, 2001

IT IS OFFICIAL! The NEW WCW World Heavyweight Champion will be crowned on the first episode of the revamped WCW Saturday Night on May 12, 2001 from Duluth, Georgia on USA Network!
This will be a Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match which will pit the former WCW World Champion Booker T facing "Double J" Jeff Jarrett, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, and coming out of retirement for one last match "The Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk!! You can catch all of this on YOUR wrestling show WCW Saturday Night at 6:05pm est. on May 12th, 2001!!

Other Matches Announced
Lethal Fusion (Mike Awesome and Sean O'Haire) v. The Filthy Animals (Billy Kidman and Rey Meysterio Jr.) : WCW World Tag Team Championship
"Sugar" Shane Helms v. Chavo Guerrero v. Disco Inferno v. 2 Cold Scorpio: WCW Cruiserweight Championship Ladder Match!
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles v. "The Rebel" Jamie Noble (Dark Match)
Christopher Daniels v. Samoa Joe (Dark Match)

WCW Is Proud To Announce That Over 1700 Tickets Have Been Purchased So Far For The Re-Debut Of WCW Saturday Night in Duluth, Georgia! Tickets are still available!

For a limited time, WCW is offering the chance for you the fan, to meet your favorite WCW Superstars! You can have your chance to meet your favorite WCW Superstar by purchasing the $100.00 VIP Package, which includes your ticket for admission, two items off the concession stand, one autograph of a WCW program, and a picture with your favorite WCW talent! Limited tickets available for the VIP Package!

Stars Included in this WCW VIP Meet and Greet
Sting
"Double J" Jeff Jarrett
Rey Meysterio Jr.
Booker T
Diamond Dallas Page

WCW Has Announced It's May/June Touring Schedule
Saturday May 12, 2001: Duluth, Georgia - The Gwinnett Center
Doors Open: 3pm, VIP Meet and Greet: 4pm, Bell Time: 6:05pm LIVE

Saturday May 19, 2001: Macon, Georgia - The Macon Coliseum
Doors Open: 11am, VIP Meet and Greet: 12pm, Bell Time: 2pm (Taping will be aired that night at 6:05pm)

Saturday May 26, 2001: Albany, Georgia - Albany Civic Center
Doors Open: 11am, VIP Meet and Greet: 12pm, Bell Time: 2pm (Taping will be aired that night at 6:05pm)

Saturday June 2, 2001: Athens, Georgia - Athens Arena
Doors Open: 11am, VIP Meet and Greet: 12pm, Bell Time: 2pm (Taping will be aired that night at 6:05 pm)

Saturday June 9, 2001: Columbus, Georgia - Columbus Civic Center
Doors Open: 12pm, VIP Meet and Greet: 1pm, Bell Time: 3pm (Taping will be aired that night at 6:05pm)

Sunday June 10, 2001: Savannah, Georgia - Martin Luther King Arena
Doors Open: 3pm, VIP Meet and Greet: 4pm, Bell Time: 6pm (Taping will be aired Saturday June 16 at 6:05pm)

Saturday June 23, 2001: Tuscaloosa, Alabama - Bartow Arena

Saturday June 30, 2001: Huntsville, Alabama - Von Braun Center

Visit your local ticketmaster location or ticketmaster.com to order your tickets to see WCW LIVE!​

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
This is looking quite good so far, great interview with Eric Bischoff.

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
PWTorch Exclusive (05/07/01)

-After several attempts to get a hold of former WCW talent Goldberg, we have finally met up with our sources about the reasoning for Goldberg's release in WCW. According to our sources, Goldberg voluntarily asked for his release from WCW. On behalf of WCW, this would be a great coup if Goldberg was not going to be used because his voluntary release would free up the money that he had in his contract. This most likely is evident due to the WWF's interest in bringing Goldberg in for a big match with Steve Austin. Our sources tell us that WCW Executive Producer Eric Bischoff is satisfied with Goldberg's release and is reportedly wanting to take WCW in another direction, free from the stigma that "The only star WCW ever created was Goldberg".

- Kimberly and Dallas Page reportedly split up in a divorce for irreconcilable differences. Kimberly has been seen several times out with current WCW talent Shane Douglas. We can only wonder how WCW will handle this situation and if they will try to work this into the storyline with personal issues flaring behind the scenes with this love triangle.

PWTorch Exclusive (05/09/01)

-According to our sources, Goldberg is in deep contractual talks with the WWF about possibly making a debut within the next month.

- Shane Douglas and Diamond Dallas Page reportedly had a physical dispute in the locker room during a talent meeting with Eric Bischoff once former wife of Page, Kimberly came into the meeting and sat next to Douglas. Page reportedly had some words with Douglas which led to a physical altercation that had to be broken up by Dusty Rhodes and several other WCW officials.

PWTorch Exclusive (05/10/01)

-WCW Executive Producer Eric Bischoff has reportedly issued two $10,000.00 fines to both Dallas Page and Shane Douglas for the previous physical altercation. WCW is not addressing this dispute publicly and is asking Page, Kimberly, and Douglas not to open up in questioning.

-With only a couple more days until the re-debut of WCW in it's WCW Saturday Night show, WCW is preparing for it's biggest night in company history. Referee Charles Robinson has been named as the referee for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship match, and Terry Funk is coming out of retirement in an effort to boost ratings for this re-debut episode. If we can assume that Funk will not be world champion, will this actually be for once Terry Funk's last match? His role in WCW is head trainer of the Power Plant, but with ratings needing a spike, putting Funk in the world title match can help ratings.

OOC: Thanks for the interest my man! I'll be posting the first show here in the next couple days! :)

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
2hcqh36.jpg

PWTorch Exclusive (05/10/01)

- WCW talent and new manager of the team "Lethal Fusion" (Mike Awesome/Sean O'Haire) Jim Cornette is reportedly still in contract negotiations with WCW. It is being reported that WCW Head of Talent Relations Dusty Rhodes was the one who reached out to Cornette about coming in, even though Cornette was apprehensive with Eric Bischoff as the head of things. Cornette is reportedly insisting that WCW put in his contract that his next chain of command is Dusty Rhodes, and that Bischoff has no stomping authority over him directly. It is being said that Bischoff and WCW are going to be signing this contract by the end of the business day, but no official word has been given as to if it has been signed as of yet. Cornette has a long history of attacking Bischoff and is most likely only coming over because the WWF is failing to use him in much of any capacity. Cornette reportedly asked the WWF if he could head over the OVW developmental territory along with Danny Davis, but Mcmahon thought it would be bad for business for Cornette to head a developmental territory in the "new era of sports entertainment". Along with the many booking positions he has held, he is also one of the most notorious and skilled managers in the business. He is most notable for managing the tag team sensation and former World Tag Team Champions, The Midnight Express, which were a dominating force throughout the 1980's. Will that same magic still be able to wear off on his new team, "Lethal Fusion"? Awesome and O'Haire have been in WCW for a while, but it seems as though if WCW is going to be pushing them to the moon for an uprising tag team division, considering their first match as a team is going to be for the WCW World Tag Team Championship against an already established team of Billy Kidman and Rey Meysterio Jr. (The Filthy Animals) Either WCW has a lot of faith in these two young bucks, or they are relying on Jim Cornette to pick up the slack.

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
2echw1d.jpg

Saturday May 12, 2001| Duluth, Georgia

A video package airs of memorable moments in WCW history with dramatic music playing in the background. Goldberg winning the WCW World Title, Ron Simmons beating Lex Luger, Hogan joining the nWO, the numerous Sting and Flair battles. A voice over comes over the video and says "Boys become men. Men become giants. Giants become heroes. And the heroes become legends. Tonight World Championship Wrestling thanks you the fans, and on this journey, we will not let you down. The tradition will never fade. Because as heroes get remembered, legends will never die. This is our genesis. This is our future. This is our wrestling."

The clip switches to show a graphic of "WCW Forever" flashing...

Commentary brings the show in as they announce that this is the biggest night in professional wrestling history. Commentary sells the excitement of the cruiserweight division and how tonight we will have a special WCW Cruiserweight Championship ladder match. Commentary then switches gears to the huge WCW World Heavyweight Championship main event. As Heenan builds up Jeff Jarrett as the "chosen one" in WCW, Schiavone and Tenay build up how Terry Funk is coming out of retirement and he not only has momentum in his favor, but he will have the entire arena of WCW fans standing behind to become the new world champion.

Eric Bischoff comes out and cuts a promo that this is the new WCW and this is a new era for World Championship Wrestling. Bischoff announces that tonight will be the first night of the WCW United States Championship Tournament. Bischoff continues on hyping up the crowd about the new WCW, when Scott Hall is shown coming through the crowd. Hall jumps the barricade and security quickly goes to take him away, but Bischoff screams for them to stop and let him speak.

Hall grabs a microphone and gets in the ring face to face with Bischoff...

and starts pleading with Bischoff to give him his job back. Bischoff explains to Hall that he is not going to let anyone ruin WCW, and between him and his buddies, they killed WCW. Hall humbly looks down and shakes his head, still pleading with Bischoff to change his mind. The direction of the conversation quickly changes when Bischoff looks up at the fans with a smug smile on his face and begins to cut a vicious shoot style promo on Hall for no-showing events and playing politics to keep him and his friends on top. Eric digs deep bringing up how him and Kevin Nash both are the biggest scum bags in the history of this industry. As Bischoff continues on and on about the death of the old WCW, Hall slowly looks up at Bischoff with a smile on his face and tells him that whether he likes it or not, "they" are coming to WCW. The disgusted Bischoff looks at Hall as he screams for security to come and escort Hall out of the building. Before security can get in the ring though, Hall peacefully hops through the middle rope and follows security to the back, but not without screaming several times that he will be here next week and he is not coming alone.

Commercial Break

Jeff Jarrett is shown arriving at the arena as commentary builds up the huge WCW World Heavyweight Championship match and Heenan continues to sell Jarrett as "The Chosen One".

Eric Bischoff is backstage pacing back and forth nervously as Booker T storms into his office. Booker T upset that he is not the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, cuts a promo on Bischoff that he shouldn't have to prove himself anymore, because he never lost the title. Bischoff dismisses it and tells Booker that he has bigger issues right now, but if Booker T is the fighting champion he says he is, then he should have no trouble staying the champion after the Fatal 4 Way Elimination match tonight.

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Ladder Match
Chavo Guerrero defeated. 2 Cold Scorpio, "Sugar" Shane Helms, and Disco Inferno

This match was full of nothing but high spots through out the entire match with each individual getting their fair share of offense in. Lots of near "grabs" until finally Chavo Guerrero leaped from one ladder to the other when Helms pushed the first ladder over, grabbing the title and becoming the new Cruiserweight Champion.

After the match Chavo rolled out of the ring frantically and held the title up taunting at the other men in the ring as commentary builds up the exciting cruiserweight division in WCW.

Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell is backstage posing and hyping himself up in front of the mirror with a smug look on his face. Commentary builds up the huge WCW United States Championship tournament and how we will see Bagwell taking on Douglas next in the first tournament match.

Commercial Break

Scott Steiner is shown walking into the locker room where Terry Funk is sitting down on the bench getting ready. Steiner quickly gets in Funk's face and starts screaming at him that he isn't going to let him come out and take his spotlight. Funk laughs and gets in Steiner's face and tells him that tonight the old man is going to prove everyone wrong. Steiner then goes on to cut an extremely vicious shoot style promo on Terry Funk about how when he was growing up and when he got in the business he respected Terry Funk and what he had done in this business. But what Terry Funk is right now absolutely makes him sick. Steiner gets face to face with Funk and tells him that tonight he is going to end the legacy of Terry Funk and send him into permanent retirement for good. The crazed Terry Funk then starts hitting his head against the lockers screaming that Terry Funk is forever and he will rise up through the ashes again. Steiner eventually takes Funk's head and slams it into the locker himself and kicks at Funk every time he tries to get up. Steiner spits on the carcass of Terry Funk and ends the segment by telling Funk to stay out of his way because he will be the next WCW World Heavyweight Champion.

WCW United States Championship Tournament
"The Franchise" Shane Douglas w/Kimberly defeated. Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell

Shane Douglas controlled most of the match with Bagwell getting limited offense in, but it slowly was taken down by Shane's usual heel cheap shots. Commentary builds up how Dallas Page is still going through turmoil knowing that his ex wife Kimberly left him for Shane Douglas, and how they are not sure how focused Page will be tonight in his tournament match because of it. Commentary builds up the heel tactics of Douglas as Douglas finally gets the fall over Bagwell when he low blows Bagwell under the referee's eye and ends it with a devastating "Franchiser" (Shoulder Jawbreaker).

After the match was over, Douglas celebrated with the boasting Kimberly on his arm, smugly smiling and laughing at the camera, screaming "Mrs. Kimberly DOUGLAS". The scene switches over to show Dallas Page in the backstage area with his hands crossing fuming about Douglas before he storms out of the room, kicking the chair out of the way in the process.

Commercial Break

Gorgeous George is backstage with "Double J" Jeff Jarrett. Gorgeous George asks Jarrett how he feels about Terry Funk coming out of retirement to face him for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Jarrett looks down at Gorgeous George shocked that she would even asks that question, and passes it off that the real storybook ending is when "Double J" Jeff Jarrett is named the new World Champion. Jarrett cuts a typical heel-ish promo basically summing up that he is the chosen one in WCW. Jarrett ends his promo by saying that tonight is a dawning of a new era in WCW, and the new era can be summed up in two words, Jeff Jarrett.

WCW United States Championship Tournament
Raven defeated. "Diamond" Dallas Page

The match turned out to be a pretty back and forth match, but each time Page would slowly start getting an advantage, he would get distracted, as commentary builds how he must be getting distracted by the Kimberly and Douglas situation. However, as each time Raven hits a high spot and goes for a pin fall, Page seems to somehow kick out of it. Towards the end of the match Page slowly starts making a comeback and is about to hit the Diamond Cutter on Raven, before Shane Douglas comes out onto the stage with his new beau, Kimberly. Page quickly gets distracted and starts staring intensely at the smiling Shane Douglas and Kimberly. Douglas swiftly grabs Kimberly, who seems to like it, and proceeds to kiss her right in front of the irate Page. Page quickly goes to leave the ring, but is turned around swiftly by Raven who hits the Raven Effect (Even Flow DDT)

After the match, commentary builds up how Page would've had this match won and how sick it is for Douglas and Kimberly to be doing this to Page. Page jumps out of the ring and storms to the back screaming for Douglas.

The scene opens up to show a man walking in an abandoned warehouse, where cameras just show his feet, while dramatic music plays in the background. Edgy clips of wrestlers lying motionless in the middle of the ring are shown. The vignette continues showing clips of utter chaos as Tony Schiavone's voice is heard, "He is your world's champion!" and Mike Tenay "The man is a legend in his own time!" building up the suspense of who it actually is. The scene ends as the shadowy figure busts through a set of swinging doors and words are shown flashing on the doors "AN ICON IS REBORN"

Commercial Break

DDP is shown backstage punching walls and screaming for Shane Douglas to show his face, obviously shaken by the kiss that Douglas and Kimberly exchanged. Eventually, Douglas walks out from behind a corner with Kimberly, both with smiles on their faces laughing as Page stands there with wide eyes. Douglas taunts at Page and cuts a promo on him telling him that Kimberly had to pick "the better man" and how it's a shame that he couldn't perform in the bedroom like "The Franchise". Kimberly with a sick smile on her face looks at Page and tells him that she has to call the kids to tell them that her and "their daddy" are coming home. Right then the frantic Dallas Page immediately runs at Douglas screaming, while Douglas and Kimberly both hop in a white Corvette and speed off laughing, as Page is unable to get to Douglas before he has fled the scene.

WCW World Tag Team Championship
Lethal Fusion (Mike Awesome/Sean O'Haire) w/Jim Cornette defeated. The Filthy Animals (Billy Kidman/Rey Meysterio Jr.) w/Torrie Wilson

The match was very evenly match through out the entire bout as each time Lethal Fusion would go for a pin on one of the Filthy Animals, Torrie would rally the crowd up to motivate them to kick out at the count of two. Cornette on the outside of the ring with his trademark tennis racket screams at the crowd to "shut up!" as Awesome and O'Haire show their brute strength by hitting several power moves on both Meysterio and Kidman. The tide slowly starts to turn when Kidman is able to hit a shooting star press on Awesome, but the pin is eagerly broken up at the count of two when O'Haire interferes. The match comes to an end when Cornette on the outside of the ring gets in the face of Torrie and starts screaming at her, before he pushes her down on the ground. As Torrie falls to the ground, Kidman quickly jumps out of the ring to tend for Wilson, and the referee yells at O'Haire to get back. With the referee with his back turned, Cornette swiftly jumps into the ring and hits Meysterio with his infamous tennis racket right into a devastating power bomb from Mike Awesome.

After the match, Cornette grabs the titles from Michael Buffer excitedly and holds them up in the air, celebrating with both Awesome and O'Haire, as Kidman continues to tend for his girlfriend Torrie Wilson. Kidman slides in the ring and goes to attack Lethal Fusion, but they make a quick get away and taunt at the fans with their new titles.

Commercial Break

Jeremy Borash is able to catch up with the new WCW World Tag Team Champions and their manager Jim Cornette. Cornette cuts a promo that he came out of retirement to give Lethal Fusion that extra rub they needed, and now they are the new WCW World Tag Team Champions. Cornette continues on by saying that Lethal Fusion is a force to be reckon with and how there is not one team in WCW that can stop Lethal Fusion for dominating this industry. Cornette ends his promo by looking into the camera intensely and whispering "This is our time now boys. Our time."

Bischoff is shown in his office still distraught about the Scott Hall situation, screaming into his cell phone that they must find a way to stop Scott Hall and "whoever the hell is coming with him next week". Bischoff tells the person on the phone that he wants security at every single entrance of the arena next week.

Raven is shown backstage with a man on his knees and with a black hood over his head. The man tells Raven that he had a great match tonight, but Raven quickly dismisses it and screams at the man only to speak when spoken to. Raven continues to demoralize the man, scramming at him that he is worth nothing without the master of Raven, and that he is a puppet on the end of his strings.. The mood quickly grows demented when Raven pulls out a leather belt and starts whipping the back of the man viciously, while continuing to scream at the ma continuously "QUOTE THE RAVEN NEVER MORE! QUOTE THE RAVEN NEVER MORE! QUOTE THE RAVEN NEVER MORE!!"

Commercial Break

The Gangstas (New Jack/Stevie Ray) are shown in the middle of the ring already, as New Jack holds a microphone in his hands. New Jack begins to cut a promo about how it is no coincidence that WCW shafted them not only from the WCW World Tag Team Championship match, but shafted them from even being on the re-debut show of WCW Saturday Night. Jack continues to drone on about how WCW and the powers to be are racist and are wanting to keep him and Stevie Ray down because they know that there is no one in WCW that can touch them. The Harris Brothers come out and get face to face with them and a brawl ensues, when Ron Harris calls Jack "boy" and tells him that they were just afraid that they may get their "little wanna be gangster asses kicked by a couple of real men." The angry Stevie Ray spits in the face of Don Harris, and The Harris Brothers immediately leap at The Ganstas and exchange blows.. The brawl is quickly broken up by officials as The Harris Brothers have to be physically carried out of the arena, while The Gangstas continue to taunt and scream at them.

Booker T is shown backstage warming up in front of the mirror, slapping his chests and pulling his gloves tight as commentary builds up how huge of a match this is going to be, and how none of these four men can afford to lose this match.

The scene switches to show Terry Funk wrapping himself up and stretching. While Tenay and Schiavone sell Funk as the miracle Never Say Never story, Heenan in a heel fashion continues to bash Funk and refer to him as a "has been".

Commercial Break

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match
"Double J" Jeff Jarrett defeated. "The Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk, Booker T, and "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

The match quickly turned into nothing but a glorified brawl with all four men beating the hell out of each other. The first fall came when Booker T and Steiner were brawling in the corner of the ring, and

Jarrett came up from behind Booker and rolled him up into a small package, using the ropes for leverage...BOOKER T ELIMINATED!

Commentary builds up the opportunist Jeff Jarrett, stating that Jarrett has just eliminated the last WCW World Heavyweight Champion. The irate Booker T tries to jump back in the ring but is restrained by security and the referees trying to pull him back to take him backstage. As the furious Booker T is being forced out from the ring, Jarrett taunts at Booker T laughing and making mimicking "cry baby" motions to him. The next elimination comes when Terry Funk hits a vicious missile drop kick from the top rope onto Scott Steiner, and then proceeds to Piledriver Steiner's head off the top of the mat.

Funk makes the pin and eliminates Scott Steiner....SCOTT STEINER ELIMINATED!

Funk and Jarrett continue to brawl through out the ring as the referee is bumped after a. While the referee is knocked out, Scott Steiner slides back into the ring and proceeds to hit Funk with a unforgiving steel pipe. Scott Steiner, obviously being upset, starts screaming "NO ONE PINS BIG POPPA PUMP! NO ONE PINS BIG POPPA PUMP!" Steiner grabs the lead pipe and starts choking out Terry Funk as Jarrett lies beaten down on the other side of the ring. Steiner finally jumps back out of the ring and screams at Funk that he should be champion, as the referee starts coming back to his senses. Jarrett then slowly rolls over to Funk and goes for a pin, but Funk is able to kick out at the count of two! The shocked Jarrett makes it back up to his feet and goes to pick Funk up, but Funk desperately starts trying to battle back. But the momentum is quickly crushed again as Jarrett is able to reverse a Pile Driver from Funk, and reverse into a running DDT.

Funk obviously still feeling the effects of the Steiner beat down cannot break this count, as Jarrett makes the pin, 1-2-3! "Double J" Jeff Jarrett is the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion!

After the match is over, Jarrett slides out of the ring, unable to stand up, as he is handed the WCW World Heavyweight Championship belt. The shocked and ecstatic Jeff Jarrett looks down at the title belt and then up at the ring with wide eyes and a big smile on his face celebrating with the title in his arms, as commentary sells how Terry Funk should be the new World Champion, except Bobby Heenan who in his own heel status builds up that Jeff Jarrett is the epitome of a champion. Once Jarrett is able to make it up to his feet, he kisses the title belt and holds it up in the air as cameras come to a close.

-End of Show-

::Quick Match Results::

Jeff Jarrett def. Booker T, Scott Steiner, Terry Funk via pinfall at 16:10 to become the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion
Lethal Fusion (Mike Awesome/Sean O'Haire) def. The Filthy Animals (Billy Kidman and Rey Meysterio Jr.) via pinfallfall at 10:15 to become new WCW World Tag Team Champions
Raven def. Diamond Dallas Page via pinfall at 7:43 to advance in the WCW United States Championship Tournament
Shane Douglas def. Buff Bagwell via pinfall at 5:02 to advance in the WCW United States Championship Tournament
Chavo Guerrero def. 2 Cold Scorpio, Shane Helms, Disco Inferno via climbing up ladder at 12:12 to become the new WCW Cruiserweight Champion

Dark Matches
AJ Styles def. Jamie Noble via pinfall at 9:03
Samoa Joe def. Christopher Daniels via submission at 11:37

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
e16umt.jpg

PWTorch Exclusive (05/13/01)

- Last night was huge for World Championship Wrestling, and we are looking forward to seeing what the rating was. WCW put it all on the line last night and it wasn't long before some of the big names were brought in. The show started with Scott Hall making his return back on TV, but we are still unsure of his contract negotiations with WCW. Hall was escorted out of the building and it seems as though if the line between reality and storyline is being blurred on this, because Hall is announcing that next week someone will be coming with him. Could this be the long anticipated return of Hulk Hogan? Kevin Nash is not on contract with WCW, so we can only assume that if this is actually a true "work" that it would be Hogan (who is still under contract) making his return, which would explain the hype up video vignette that was aired later in the show as well. Along with the Bischoff/Hall situation, more developing news has unfolded with Diamond Dallas Page and his ex wife Kimberly Page with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas. Just as expected, Bischoff would want to work this real situation into a storyline, but is Bischoff biting more he can chew with the real life situation being just a little too personal for Dallas Page? Time will only tell what happens both behind the scenes and in the storyline with where they go with Dallas Page and Shane Douglas.

- According to our sources that were at the WCW event, both dark matches seemed to go over well with the arena crowd. Obviously the highlighted dark match was the Styles/Noble encounter due to both being shown on WCW programming before. AJ Styles is down in the Power Plant in attempt to get more polished and work on his skills as an overall talent, but if last night is any indication of the situation, the WCW audience wants to see Styles on TV. Jamie Noble also got a pretty decent reaction from the crowd, playing the heel in the match. As for Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels, the match was nothing short of 5 star quality and they both garned a pretty decent reaction from the crowd, even though the crowd isn't as familiar with them as Styles and Noble. Joe and Daniels both made sure not to overwhelm the crowd with "too many" high spots and to allow the match to drift on it's own. WCW officials are both very impressed with both dark matches and have stated that all 4 of these men are destined to be stars within WCW.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Really good first show mate.

I'm a big fan of JJ so it's awesome to see him as WHC, hopefully he can hold on to it for a long time.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
I have been reading this... keep it up, I'm loving it so far. Thought I might need to say it as I'm reading on spy mode :lol:

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
30mmh49.jpg

mwd69y.jpg

The Beast From The East Has Returned!

It is official WCW fans! "The Beast From The East" Bam Bam Bigelow has just signed a new contract with World Championship Wrestling. He was previously released out of his contract early last month after a contract dispute, but WCW have came to terms with the iconic big man.

Upon his return back to World Championship Wrestling, he has enrolled himself into the WCW United States Championship tournament, and his first match back will be this Saturday Night on WCW Saturday Night. It looks as if the tournament has just gotten a little more interesting with Bam Bam now in the fold. One can only wonder who will be able to take out the beast, especially under these circumstances. You can catch Bam Bam along with all your other favorite WCW superstars this Saturday Night on WCW Saturday Night only on USA Network at 6:05pm eastern standard time!

Other Related News
World Championship Wrestling is proud to announce that legend Larry Zbyszko is officially named the WCW Commissioner. His duties will officially take effect on May 17th.

Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion and WCW Superstar Booker T will be appearing on Conan O'Brien Live Thursday Night on NBC. Check your local listings and scheduled programming.

PWTorch Exclusive (05/15/01)

- Independent wrestler Mustafa Saed has reportedly signed with World Championship Wrestling. This most likely is an attempt to recreate the magic of "The Gangstaz" in ECW by adding Stevie Ray into the mix. Mustafa and New Jack's history goes extremely far back to the Smokey Mountain Wrestling days with fellow WCW talent Jim Cornette. It is not clear exactly when WCW plans on bringing Mustafa on TV, but with the heated promo last week between the Gangstaz and Harris Brothers, we can most likely expect it to be relatively soon.

-Along with WCW signing Mustafa, we are also hearing that Big Vito has been re-signed with WCW. It is unknown what his role will be, but it seems as though if WCW is trying to make an effort to spark up an interest once again. One can only wonder if guys like Big Vito and Bam Bam were ever actually released to begin with.

- AJ Styles is reportedly being called up from the Power Plant. WCW management was so impressed with AJ's outing in his dark match on Saturday night that they feel that Styles is ready for TV. It is undetermined if Samoa Joe or Christopher Daniels will be called up, but the consensus within the company is that they are not ready for TV as of yet. However, ECW Icon Rob Van Dam is scheduled to make a dark match appearance this Saturday night taking on Jamie Noble. WCW Power Plant Head Trainer Terry Funk reportedly told Bischoff that Van Dam is and has been ready for TV since he came into WCW. Bischoff originally wanted Van Dam to stay down in developmental for at least 3 months, but is giving Van Dam a chance to prove himself this Saturday night in a dark match. Van Dam has been openly vocal about being placed in the Power Plant originally, and has said numerous times that he will gladly take a job with an independent promotion before he is disrespected to this degree in WCW. Eric Bischoff and other WCW officials have failed to respond publicly to any of Van Dam's comments.

OOC: Thank you guys for the feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying it! The next show will probably be posted today or tomorrow :)

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
AJ getting called up :D, get Daniels and Joe called up too!

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Dude this is awesome... it has been a great read so far. It has also sparked imagination and if I had the time thanks to this I would love to do a WSX one... unfortunately, don't have the time.

Keep the great job you're doing so far.

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
a4yfyt.jpg

Other Matches Announced
The Gangstas (New Jack / Stevie Ray) v. The Harris Brothers (Ron Harris / Don Harris)
Bam Bam Bigelow v. Big Vito: WCW United States Championship Tournament
Billy Kidman v. Mike Awesome

"Mr. Pay Per View" Rob Van Dam v. "The Rebel" Jamie Noble (Dark Match)
Chris Parks v. Shannon Moore (Dark Match)​

PWTorch Exclusive (05/18/01)

- WCW has announced it's television rating for the debut show last Saturday night on WCW Saturday Night. Saturday Night reportedly scored a decent 2.0 rating, which is acceptable for the relaunch of a company that folded just two months prior. One can only wonder though if WCW will be able to keep up the momentum and build on this rating, or if the initial interest in the product will decrease over the next few weeks/months.