UWF Planning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am sorry Jay but I don't think this will work. WS is just big enough for the one fed let alone two and the one that was planned by John and Slave is the one that I agreed to being on this site. I wanted a fed run by someone who didn't have much workload on other feds so that they could solely focus on making this the best fed that it can be. Because of this I want to delete this section and then once John and Slave's fed is ready for it to go here instead.

WS just isn't big enough for two feds, the one planned is the one I agreed to and it is run by people who have the time. Nothing against you Jay but I just can't agree with this.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
If you give me the chance, I'm telling you... I can make this place the best it can be. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to this sort of thing, and I find it extremely fun. It's not a workload, it's definitely a great opportunity to have a good time and make something that you and everyone else can be proud of.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But like I said one fed is enough for WS and the one that John planned and mentioned before this one is the one I signed off on.

You already have a fed to run and I want a fed run by someone who can solely focus on this fed.

Also there doesn't seem to be any plan to this fed. There is just a blank preview and a sign-up sheet. No clarification on what direction there is or who the staff will be besides you or how often the shows are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Well, I was waiting for sign ups for a full card. I want to make this work and leave ucw, as it's getting too big and annoying to deal with. Do you really think bingo is going to run a fed, when you couldn't find him for months? I know I'm being difficult but I know this can work. If you want me to make this work, I will. I'm just excited for this, and I'm begging you to give it a chance.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Alright I am warming, slightly, to this. Need lots more info though.

How often are the shows?
How often are the PPV's?
What is the RP format?
How will RP's be judged? Will there be a grading scheme like having five categories each worth 10 points then you get a total out of 50 for each TT like Vita or dawtree did ages ago in IWA. Could be things like Originality, Relevance, Setting the scene, Spelling/Grammar, Overall Quality etc.
Why allow real wrestlers and CAWS would it be best to allow either only real wrestlers or only CAWs?
What will make it unique? Will there be rankings for each title?
What are the rules?

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
There's going to be one show every other week, to give a lot of time to the TT's.

The PPV's are going to be once every other month, with a transition of no less than 4 shows before a Pay Per View.

It's going to be a RP in a single thread, where they can choose to go back and forth, go backstage, or even be in the middle of an adventure.

That's exactly how I'd judge them. On a scale of 1-10, due to originality, setting the scene, spelling/grammar, quality, flow, entertaining.

I did both, so that people can get the best of both worlds. It's whatever the participants want it to be, it's really great in terms of freedom and creativity.

Everything about it is unique. Going to start out with one championship, but it's going to be similar to the UFC rankings, where it's going to a ranked number 1, who's the champ. Then the best of the rest is going to go down from 1-10.

I'll figure something out in terms of rules.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like the sound of a show every fortnight and a ppv every two months and also the rankings system.

Will there be restrictions on the length of RP's to prevent huge TTs? Will there be limits on how many like 1/2 for a weekly show and 3 for a PPV (just examples)?

Do you think it would be best to choose either real wrestlers or CAW's so that there is consistency? Are you leaning to a certain direction on what you want people to choose? i.e. would you prefer CAW's or WWE?

How will the matches be written? What type of style? How many staff will there be?

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I think the idea of a real character show, and a CAW character show has been done. I think using both of them can allow more options for people, and when they want to change characters, they're not limited to the real ones. And on the flip side, when they run out of creativity, they can use a real character to have fun with as well. Personally, I think this is the selling point to the fed.

Match style will be whatever you want it to be, you feel strongly about it... so you tell me.

Right now Slave told me he'd be glad to help write, and I'm recruiting.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Okay you have me sold on the real and CAW's idea, will be interesting to see what selection dominates. I predict that initially it will be real wrestlers and then future down the line more and more will use CAW's.

Well I just think that previous feds matches were too long just as the TTs were too long. It doesn't need to be over the top detail telling every move. I would also prefer if each match was written from scratch.

Awesome that someone has already offered to help. I will give them access whenever you give me the confirmation that you want them in here. Try to keep it to the key personel though although I gather that you would prefer it if there is a minimum of people that are in the staff section which is fine by me.

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
I'm gonna be a part of staff for the long run and I'm gonna take a few jobs to keep myself busy and active for the site. Stick with it in the long run and things will work out fine :)

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Right now slave and I can definitely handle the workload. Short matches are terrific for me and I'm sure slave feels the same way. So two people in here is the maximum, besides the staff.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You keep saying the right things Jay :p Plus I can't ignore the extra activity on the site since you announced the fed *bows down*.

Look forward to seeing what you and Slave can do in here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Only 2 people have TT'ed so far, need to get them posting.

Also will a rules thread be added soon? Not just rules but also letting everyone know what UWF is about, how to join, when shows are etc.

BTW I don't want any drama in this fed. If I see drama for the members about losing or not getting title shots etc I will just block the person from viewing the UWF forum for 30 days. Don't want the same stuff to happen here that happens all the time on PWM and I want it to be as easy and enjoyable as it can be for you guys to run it.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I'm clueless on how to get people to TT. DOM said to me he was going first, but it never happened, and I'm trying to figure out what went wrong with the rest of the guys.

Real depressing when you try hard and get nothing in return.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just keep trying to get them on MSN or PWM, reminding them to TT and hopefully they post for this week.

Also I am going to change the layout on UWF so that the sub-forums don't show up like that on the front page. It will be like the WWE PPV section here, you will need to click on UWF to see the sub-forums, it just takes up a bit too much room atm. Maybe then in the main section you could post a rules/info thread :D