WrestleMania Undertaker vs Cena...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
wlundertaker4.jpgquality100w650.jpg

So let us assume this is going to happen. We will have one last Undertaker match... again.
Let us also assume it will be John Cena vs Undertaker. This will be his official final match.
With that being said...

How would you like this to be booked? How do you expect it to be booked?

I think if this is going to happen, it is best he comes back as the biker version of himself. Since he did technically retire at the "dead man" it would make no sense to come back like that. This is a good way to make a pretty cool entrance as well. As far as booking goes, him losing two years in a row would not seem right so maybe keeping this a standard match, not a retirement match would be best. Let him go out on a win over Cena.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I don't want it, but I expect it. In my mind, the moment has passed, and while it would've been really cool last or or before, now it would just make the Taker retirement thing not as amazing and it would give Cena a win he really doesn't need at this part of his career. I know, Taker v Reigns sucked, it should've been anybody else, but it happened. The cool part wasn't Reigns v Taker, it was just Taker's last match featuring Reigns. Doing Taker v Reigns would be like bringing back Futurama, it would be awesome, but it would take the piss out of the series finale

If anything Cena should take over Undertaker's role and become the big Wrestlemania match now

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
A lot of the wrestlers I have talked to have told me that being in the ring is very addictive. That's why people have their last match over and over again. Being that it is such a big part of the Undertaker's life, I can see him coming back again. However, I don't think he should. It seems like every time he has a match he has to spend some time in the hospital after.

If they do it, should they do they biker gimmick? I dunno. I sort of think his last match ever should be under the dead man gimmick that made him famous. I mean, if he comes back I guess it makes more sense to do the biker gimmick, because he did seem to retire the dead man one. But it would be weird to me.

I dunno. they should have done this match years ago. It's not a good idea now. He should let his career be what it is right now.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Nah, that ship has sailed.

Let the man rest a little bit, he winds up in the hospital every time he has a match, so they should let Taker stay retired.

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Cena beats Jinder at the Royal Rumble to beat Flairs record. Loses it at FastLane due to Undertaker interfering. Cena vs Undertaker at WM and both retire after the match

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I think we're all in agreement here that Undertaker, most certainly, should not wrestle again. I honestly said my goodbyes to Taker after End of an Era, so I've been sitting here twiddling my thumbs just waiting for the guy to official retire for like five years now (though it certainly helped that Taker was putting on stinker after stinker since then [not that the blame is all on him of course, whoever decided his match with Shane needed to go on for thirty minutes is a monster]).

But regardless on my feelings on it, that's not what this thread is about. If it had to happen, my only request is that Cena takes the fall. Even as someone who never cared too much about keeping the Streak in tact, having Taker lose again is just kinda spitting in the face of his legacy. The guy went 21-0, is arguably the greatest character in wrestling history, and one of the most respectable figures in the industry. To turn his record to 23-3 just feels wrong. Especially if you're doing it for Cena, who is likely "breaking" Flair's 16 time record before retirement. That's just overkill. Outside of having Taker win, there's not much more I care about, since I find it hard to care about the prospect of this match anymore. Which is funny to me, considering how much I did want to see it at one point.