Undertaker and HHH fined by WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
On their corporate website, WWE posted the following yesterday.

"Superstars Fined for Chair Shot

Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect."

The note does not say what the fine was.

I guess this is good that WWE are following up on this and are at least reminding everyone that they have a safety policy with chair shots. I assume the fines would have been small, something like $10k.

In the match did they throw up theirs hand to protect themselves from the shot or was it an unprotected chair shot to the head?

Aniking

Reaction score
There was only one chair shot to the head and that was to Undertaker by Triple H. From what I remember, I don't think it was protected. Undertaker may have put up one hand, but that still doesn't pass in my eyes.

I was surprised to see it happen during the match and I wondered if they were going to get away with it. They haven't, which is the correct course of action due to it being banned.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thanks for that. I like that both were fined even though only one swung the chair. Wrestling really is a team sport and they would have both agreed for it to happen.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
And I agree with both of you, they both knew the rules, and as a result of breaking them (even though techically only one of them did) they should be punished. By the way I am in full-agreement with WWE's policy here, when you see how dangerous the unprotected chair shots are, and how many careers might have been shortened as a result, I do think to out law them is the right action.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You look at the comments on other sites and it's the opposite reaction, I don't get wrestling fans sometimes, they act like a company trying to protect their athletes is some kind of slap in the face. But again these are the same people who keep asking a retired wrestler to come back for one more match and talk shit about them not being able to llet the past go after they do.

Seak

Reaction score
It was a protected shot. I've watched it numerous times, and while really convincing it was perfectly protected....which is what a protected chair shot should be when you think about it.

And if people really think HHH and Undertaker went forward with this without anyone having prior knowledge, you're a bigger mark than I can imagine!

You know Daniel Bryan and Sheamus ended a live event match with a chair shot to the head right? Did they get fined? Nope. They built up to the head shot with all the chair work throughout the match. I saw it coming from a mile away and knew it would happen in this match. Since so many people saw this one though, they had to do something. Plus this makes it feel bigger and adds that much more to the match. This has "work" written all over it to me.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wouldn't doubt the fine was just Trips and Taker picking up the check for lunch.

Still don't see why people are blowing this out of purportions the way they are.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Superstars Fined for Chair Shot

"April 5, 2011 Superstars Fined for Chair Shot
Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect"

- http://corporate.wwe.com/news/releases_2011.jsp

THOUGHTS???

Seak

Reaction score
"April 5, 2011 Superstars Fined for Chair Shot
Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect"

- http://corporate.wwe.com/news/releases_2011.jsp

THOUGHTS???

It was a protected shot. I've watched it numerous times, and while really convincing it was perfectly protected....which is what a protected chair shot should be when you think about it.

And if people really think HHH and Undertaker went forward with this without anyone having prior knowledge, you're a bigger mark than I can imagine!

You know Daniel Bryan and Sheamus ended a live event match with a chair shot to the head right? Did they get fined? Nope. They built up to the head shot with all the chair work throughout the match. I saw it coming from a mile away and knew it would happen in this match. Since so many people saw this one though, they had to do something. Plus this makes it feel bigger and adds that much more to the match. This has "work" written all over it to me.

My thoughts remain the same. They still haven't said anything about Sheamus / Bryan....because it was pre-approved, just like Taker / HHH