UFC Meets The Punks (Create a Fighter)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
TUF FINALE and UFC 131 MAIN EVENTS CONFIRMED + MORE

May 26th, 2011

In an exclusive announcement posted on UFC.com, the fight promotion officially confirmed the main events for the two upcoming cards.

The first is for the finale of The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs Team dos Santos which will feature TUF 13 finalists Tony Ferguson and Ramsey Nijem in the co-main event. However, the night's marquee match-up will be between the second and last MMAPunks Middleweight Champion "Stunning" Carter Jackson squaring off with UFC Title Contender Yushin "Thunder" Okami with a shot at Anderson Silva's crown likely on the line. Also confirmed to appear on the card is MMAPunks alum Brandon Kyle who is expected to face either Karlos Vemola at LHW or Sean McCorkle at HW.

As for UFC's upcoming UFC 131 even live from Rogers Arena in Vancouver, BC, Canada: the main event remains to be Lesnar vs Dos Santos, continuing the tradition of TUF coaches meeting at a PPV. The winner of the aforementioned bout will be next in line to challenge for Cain Velasquez's UFC Heavyweight Championship. The co-main event for the evening will be a Lightweight duel between #2 ranked Gray "The Bully" Maynard and former PRIDE Lightweight Champion Takanori Gomi.

Furthermore, brand new UFC competitor and MMAPunks veteran and champion Dean Jurek announced his intent to make his UFC debut when they next visit his native England, which appears to be UFC 138 in November. The official announcement came via his twitter @JurekOffish

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Man, I swear.. the way you're teasing me right now lol.

You'd think I was a fat kid running after a burger attached to a fishing pole and you were dropping it from a monster truck. <_<

Postman Dave

Reaction score
UFC 138!?!?!

I'm gonna look at the positive and assume I've got plenty of time to build hype.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[MENTION=626]Red Alex[/MENTION] You're debut has been confirmed by me personally. You know when to expect it.

[MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION] Build your empire brother.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Alex Cochrane: "I can knock anybody out at 145."

May 28th, 2011

ESPN - When it comes to saying what's on his mind, former MMA Punks lightweight champion Alex Cochrane most certainly has no problem conducting an upbeat orchestra. In a recent interview he did with ESPN.com, the brash Canadian did exactly that - sending a message to many within the UFC's 145 pound division. Cochrane was very vocal about his first fight, taking to headlines calling out Kenny Florian and Jose Aldo. And he didn't shy away when asked about it again.

"I definitely think like I can win that fight." said Cochrane when asked about facing the current featherweight champion. "I feel like once that cage door closes I'm capable of knocking anyone out at 145. I was steamrolling people at 155 so it was only a matter of time before I dropped down and took a new challenge."

Cochrane who posts a professional record of 18-3 with 13 career wins by knockout or TKO is currently enjoying his downtime in his new home of Huntington Beach, California while training alongside "The Master" Rafael Cordeiro at Kings MMA with top ranked fighters such as Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Fabricio Werdum, Jake Ellenberger, & Mark Munoz

No opponent has yet to be confirmed for Cochrane's UFC debut, although it is highly rumoured he will headline UFC's first card on FX in January..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Alex Cochrane signs global sponsorship deal with McDonalds.

June 4th, 2011

TSN - Alex Cochrane is known world wide for his fast pace and amazing finishing ability with him finishing 15 of his 18 wins. The former MMA Punks lightweight champion has been very brash with his announcement to drop down to the UFC's Featherweight division while proceeding to call out either Kenny Florian or Jose Aldo, but recently Cochrane decided to take a step away from the tabloids and make a splash in the corporate world.

As we learned from watching OTR the other day, Alex Cochrane became the very first Mixed Martial Artist to sign a global sponsorship with the worldwide known fast food franchise McDonalds. The brash Canadian let his love for the golden arches known in a recent interview on Off the Record.

"Sometimes if I get done training late at night, and all the restaurants are closed. I'd go to McDonalds." said Alex when interviewed by Michael Landsberg on TSN's Off the Record. "I'm very excited be representing this company while continue to help motivate people to still live a healthy active lifestyle."

No word has yet to be announced on an upcoming opponent for Cochrane.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I wish everyone were as shamelessly self-promoting as Alex.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Yeah, people!

[MENTION=413]Heartless Bitch[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Zod[/MENTION] [MENTION=75]Champagne Charlie[/MENTION] [MENTION=689]Carson[/MENTION] [MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION] [MENTION=35]The Viper[/MENTION] [MENTION=92]Jimmy King[/MENTION]

What the fuck?!

PS [MENTION=140]Olajuwon[/MENTION] what'd you think of the McDonalds sponsorship? :laugh:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah, people!

[MENTION=413]Heartless Bitch[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Zod[/MENTION] [MENTION=75]Champagne Charlie[/MENTION] [MENTION=689]Carson[/MENTION] [MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION] [MENTION=35]The Viper[/MENTION] [MENTION=92]Jimmy King[/MENTION]

What the fuck?!

PS [MENTION=140]Olajuwon[/MENTION] what'd you think of the McDonalds sponsorship? :laugh:

I don't know if it is realistic to MMA but he's your character anyways.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Well Anderson Silva's sponsored by Burger King so I figured why the hell not.

It's actually one of my goals when I do become a pro MMA fighter. McDonalds is the largest fast food franchise in the world, if they sponsored me I'll betcha I'd make 100k a fight minimum just from that alone.

EDIT: Anderson Silva nets 500k just from his Burger King sponsorship, that's fuckin' ridiculous!