UFC 264 July 10th - Poirier vs McGregor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
db86b7f3b009bbcf2e9afa898f23013a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So Connor was right about someone leaving on a stretcher, just got the name wrong. :mj

Reactions: Necro

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
I don't think McGregor's leg was messed up with a checked kick.

He was fine on his feet, got a bit rocked, started grappling, went for the guillotine, then was fine when they stood back up.

I think if his leg was fractured he wouldn't even have tried to get up or would have been noticeably limping.

He just stepped on his leg the wrong way in my opinion.

And as for anyone saying McGregor took the shit talking too far, I find it refreshing. These guys usually talk a bit of shit leading up to a fight and everyone knows it is fake as fuck then as soon as the fight is over they smile and shake hands. It is so fake.

They should want to kill each other.

Controversy Creates Cash.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He's a parody of himself, his shit talking wasn't even entertaining this time around. Trying way too hard.

Reactions: Chris and Necro

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I don't think McGregor's leg was messed up with a checked kick.

He was fine on his feet, got a bit rocked, started grappling, went for the guillotine, then was fine when they stood back up.

I think if his leg was fractured he wouldn't even have tried to get up or would have been noticeably limping.

He just stepped on his leg the wrong way in my opinion.

And as for anyone saying McGregor took the shit talking too far, I find it refreshing. These guys usually talk a bit of shit leading up to a fight and everyone knows it is fake as fuck then as soon as the fight is over they smile and shake hands. It is so fake.

They should want to kill each other.

Controversy Creates Cash.

Don't agree. He didn't step on it awkwardly at all really and it's a motion that he goes through in training every single day. You're telling me it just happened to coincidentally break during this fight of all the times it could have broken from that same motion? He fucked it during the fight on one of the kicks, I'm almost sure of that

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
Don't agree. He didn't step on it awkwardly at all really and it's a motion that he goes through in training every single day. You're telling me it just happened to coincidentally break during this fight of all the times it could have broken from that same motion? He fucked it during the fight on one of the kicks, I'm almost sure of that

Look at how he stepped on it. He stepped on it very awkwardly with his toes pointed down.

Accidents happen.

If he had fractures his leg during a checked kick he would have made it known. The only reason he started grappling is Poirier caught him with a good shot and rocked him a bit. He was having no trouble leading up to that throwing kicks or punches.

I don't buy it. I have seen people break their legs on checked kicks. This didn't look like that. I am almost sure of that.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This guy really needs to humble himself and train his ass off and win if he ever wants respect again

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Conor McGregor’s injury at UFC 264 could cost him the rest of his 2021 campaign.

The lightweight star suffered a leg injury—later revealed to be a broken tibia—at the end of the first round of Saturday’s pay-per-view headliner opposite Dustin Poirier on Saturday, bringing an end to their trilogy bout and giving Poirier a 2-1 lead in their series. Poirier also defeated McGregor at UFC 257 in January. This marks the first time since 2016 that McGregor has competed twice in one calendar year.
McGregor has already undergone surgery for the injury and provided an update on his health, though no timetable has been given for his return to action. According to the list of medical suspensions acquired by mixedmartialarts.com, McGregor could potentially be out until January, pending clearance from an orthopedic doctor.
Poirier is not listed as having suffered any injury.
Five other fighters face potential six-month medical suspensions: Greg Hardy (left orbital, nose), Yana Kunitskaya (nose), Sean O’Malley (both hands, left tibia, right foot), Ryan Hall (left hand), and Omari Akhmedov (nose). All can avoid the maximum suspension pending clearance from a physician.
UFC 264 took place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and was overseen by the Nevada Athletic Commission.
See the full list of UFC 264 medical suspensions below:
Conor McGregor: Must receive clearance from orthopedic doctor for fractured leg or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10
Stephen Thompson: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1
Greg Hardy: Must receive clearance from ophthalmologist for left orbital fracture, and ENT (eye, nose, and throat) doctor for fractured nose or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10

Yana Kunitskaya: Must receive clearance from ENT doctor for fractured nose or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10
Sean O’Malley: Requires X-ray on both hands to rule out fracture. Requires X-rays on left tibia and right foot, will require clearance from orthopedic doctor on positive result or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1
Kris Moutinho: Suspended until Sept. 9, no contact until Aug. 25
Carlos Condit: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1 — left upper lip cut
Max Griffin: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1 — left knee and left shin pain
Niko Price: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1 — left elbow swelling
Michel Pereira: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1
Ryan Hall: Must receive clearance from orthopedic doctor for fractured left hand or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10

Trevin Giles: Suspended until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10
Dricus Du Plessis: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1
Jessica Eye: Suspended until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10 — forehead laceration

Omari Akhmedov: Must receive clearance from ENT doctor for nose fracture or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1
Brad Tavares: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1

Yana Kunitskaya: Must receive clearance from ENT doctor for fractured nose or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10

Sean O’Malley: Requires X-ray on both hands to rule out fracture. Requires X-rays on left tibia and right foot, will require clearance from orthopedic doctor on positive result or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1

Kris Moutinho: Suspended until Sept. 9, no contact until Aug. 25

Carlos Condit: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1 — left upper lip cut

Max Griffin: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1 — left knee and left shin pain

Niko Price: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1 — left elbow swelling

Michel Pereira: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1

Ryan Hall: Must receive clearance from orthopedic doctor for fractured left hand or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10

Trevin Giles: Suspended until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10

Dricus Du Plessis: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1

Jessica Eye: Suspended until Aug. 25, no contact until Aug. 10 — forehead laceration

Omari Akhmedov: Must receive clearance from ENT doctor for nose fracture or no contest until Jan. 7; minimum suspension no contest until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1

Brad Tavares: Suspended until Aug. 10, no contact until Aug. 1

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi