UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dademo

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm not going to be chipping out money to buy this one, only because I bought the last PPV (UFC 126).

I'm excited to see how Rivera and Bisping plays out. Clearly Rivera's jokes and trashtalk got into Bisping's head and I can't wait to see how Bisping reacts with the mindset that he may have going into the fight. That being said, I want to see if Jorge Rivera can back up his trashtalk. I know he really doesn't like Michael Bisping, so I'm not sure if his trash-talk was to plainly promote the fight. But we'll see tomorrow night.

I'll be at a friends house but I'm definitely snattching his computer and will watch the event for 2 hours because this is an event I don't want to miss.

-Doz-

Reaction score
I am jealous that you are actually going to see it live. How did you manage to get tickets when it sold out so fast?
Had no trouble either time getting tickets, just went online and bought them. A good net connection is all you need.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Damn I should have tried to get a ticket this year, I had assumed I wouldn't have a chance getting a ticket if I wasn't a UFC Fightclub member. Next time they come back I will have to buy a ticket and go see it live.

-Doz-

Reaction score
we have a spare ticket so if you get this tonight or early tomorrow morning msg/call me on 0425201503 and we'll hook you up. Show starts at 10.30am so as long as you can get to acer around then it'll be sweet.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Don't know DOD, but your right Deezy BJ Penn should not be in the WW mix at all. BJ is really just an easy marketable face for Dana to sell. That is the only reason why most non fans are buying this ppv, heck most people that are not fans of MMA, but our BJ fans in my area think he will wreck Fitch tonight.... not happening. Not to mention BJ has his knockout power so people like see that in him. So he just has marketability in him with as well being a former title holder.

Dademo

Reaction score
Wow. I will give my other thoughts when I got home, but I honestly to god though Jon Fitch won that fight. He reversed BJ's RNC's, or attempted ones, got on top, and just dominated. Not to mention that third round were Compustrike says he landed 147 shots and BJ landed 0. Seriously so pissed right now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
we have a spare ticket so if you get this tonight or early tomorrow morning msg/call me on 0425201503 and we'll hook you up. Show starts at 10.30am so as long as you can get to acer around then it'll be sweet.

Only just read this then but I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. I live in Adelaide so I wouldn't have been able to make it there on time. Appreciate the offer though.

I watched the show and it was a good PPV overall.

Noke vs Camozzi - Great display by Kyle Noke. On the back foot early but once the opportunity came to take him down he took it right away. His passing on top was fantastic and great to get another submission win plus wins Submission of the night

Lytle vs. Ebersole - I had never seen Ebersole fight before and this guy was entertaining. Starting with a cartwheel kick was awesome and his unorthodox fighting style made this a great fight. He was clearly ahead in the final two rounds and that knee he threw was fantastic. I had him winning 29-28 and he will certainly get some more fights in UFC. This rightly won Fight of the Night

Sotiropoulos vs. Siver - Siver was excellent in this fight. I didn't realise he had such good takedown defence and he completely shut off Sotiropoulos' main weapon. Siver was untouchable and had great balance. He has some solid punches as well and I had him winning 29-28. Disappointing performance by George in front of his home crowd, the worst part was that he couldn't even get one takedown.

Bisping vs. Rivera - Awesome, awesome fight thanks to the build up. Rivera talks trash to Bisping for no clear reason and Bisping responded in the best possible way. I watched UFC Countdown yesterday and watching Rivera's part made me really dislike the guy. Bisping's illegal knee was hilarious especially since he was lining up for a second knee before the ref stepped in. Rivera milked it for all it was worth and Bisping was rightly deducted one point. Bisping was a class above the whole fight and his striking has improved a lot. Bisping looked great overall for the fight and I am glad he shut up Rivera.

Penn vs Fitch - Another example of poor judging. Penn won the first round 10-9, Fitch won the second round 10-9 and Fitch won the third 10-8. Penn even said after the fight that he knew he had lost the fight. Penn started well taking down Fitch but everytime he was taken down Fitch got back control quite quickly. Fitch used him as a punching bag in the last and it sucks that he didn't get the win for that fight.

Hunt vs. Tuchscherer - That cut to the eye was sickening and I was shocked that the doctor allowed the fight to continue. Hunt showed his KO power with a great right to the chin, I liked how he didn't go in again once he hit that punch like some do, he knew it KO'd the guy and didn't inflict anymore damage.

-Doz-

Reaction score
I could've sworn you were from Sydney... oh well.

Maybe next time, we'll be going again next time they're down here.

Dademo

Reaction score
Unfortunately G-Sot didn't know how well Siver would train to defend those takedowns, but he defended them well. I thought this was going to be an easy win for George but I guess not.

I think if Jorge caught Bisping with another right hand like he did in the first Bisping would have went out. I was thinking Jorge should have stayed down when he got kneed just to get the DQ win.

Jon Fitch won that fight. I don't care what anyone says. The first round had to be BJ for those TD's, but Round 2 and 3 were all for Fitch. He dominated BJ Penn and landed 157 strikes in the last round and BJ landed 0. He dominated BJ Penn in that first round and showed why he deserved that title shot. Sure you'll get taken down if you don't see it coming, right? Who saw BJ taking Fitch down? I hope they have a rematch but for the belt, if GSP wins.

Rest of the card wasn't bad tbh. Good prelim fights.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I've never really understood the Bisping hate. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from being a Bisping fanatic (as the UFC seems to believe all people from England are) but even I think the hate he gets is way too much. He had enough haters prior to this weekend, and some of the stuff he was doing after the fight on Saturday isn't going to help.

Fitch vs. Penn was another example of lame judging. Luckily I didn't end up dumping cash on Fitch, as I had previously vowed to, but if I had, I'd have been pissed.

G-Sot and Lytle losses were unexpected. Just shows how unpredictable the sport can be.

Dademo

Reaction score
Also to note that Michael Bisping spit in Jorge Rivera's corner after, called Jorge a loser after the fight, and told him to apologize. I guess I can see where he's coming from, but spitting, really? Jorge joked with you man, chill.

The only reason I hate Bisping was the Henderson fight. I'm a Henderson fan and that entire show I couldn't stand him. I guess that lingered on, and the fact that he seems to talk a lot and he can't beat an A-List fighter. He's rumored to fight Vitor Belfort in May. We'll see how that goes for him :D

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Also to note that Michael Bisping spit in Jorge Rivera's corner after, called Jorge a loser after the fight, and told him to apologize. I guess I can see where he's coming from, but spitting, really? Jorge joked with you man, chill.

The only reason I hate Bisping was the Henderson fight. I'm a Henderson fan and that entire show I couldn't stand him. I guess that lingered on, and the fact that he seems to talk a lot and he can't beat an A-List fighter. He's rumored to fight Vitor Belfort in May. We'll see how that goes for him :D

Apparently Rivera said Bisping's girlfriend/wife had STDs. Or something like that.

Also;

Dana White talks to ESPN.com:

"I didn't think it was a draw. I looked at the scorecards and the two judges who had it a draw scored the first two rounds for Penn and the third round a 10-8 [for Fitch].

"Personally, I scored the first two rounds for Penn and had him winning the fight. There's no doubt B.J. got pounded in the third round, but that wasn't a 10-8 round."

More blatant Fitch hating from Dana. I like the dude, but his hatred of Fitch is completely incessant.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What fight was Dana watching? It was certainly a 10-8 final round and Penn didn't win the second, Fitch had him clearly in the second. As I said before if Penn himself thought he lost the fight then clearly he did. Fighters always think they win but here he could clearly tell that he had lost. It sucks because this probably means a rematch and then another fight for Fitch before he gets his title shot.