Tonights Impact Wrestling taping *spoiler*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheZig

Reaction score
Tonight at tonights TNA impact taping 'Cowboy' James Storm defeated Kurt Angle for the TNA Heavyweight Championship, Its interesting to note tag team partner Robert Roode lost his shot at the title at Sundays Bound for Glory ppv.

So i wasn't expecting this to happen so soon, What i mean by that is James Storm capturing the title. I was waiting on a Roode vs Storm match for the title, But when Bobby lost this Sunday i thought i would have to wait a while.

Maybe that won't be the case, TNA could go in a few direction with this and personally i'd like to see Roode turn heel because of jealousy. I also think Roode comes off better as heel and it would be quite interesting to see how Storm would cope being the top face...I think he could just pull it off.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I figured the only spoiler coming out of the tapings was Gail Kim's return, which I couldn't care less about by the way. I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that's not the case. Anyhoo, heard there was a new champion, thought Roode got a rematch and won but it's in fact the other half of Beer Money. Rather sudden but it's not surprising due to the recent interview with Hogan. Some people are incensed about it. I personally don't mind, I just wish he would've earned it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What the hell! So TNA build Roode up for months and he only fails to win the title because the ref didn't see his arm under the rope. Then the next Impact they have James Storm win the title? This is so dumb. Why not have Roode defeat Angle for the title at BFG and then set up the Roode vs Storm feud. Such a waste. Such a waste.

Don't get me wrong I am happy for Storm but they went about this the wrong way.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I hear backstage that Roode was actually cool with it, a tad disappointed.

They had Storm celebrating with the belt as he cut a promo (Cut off from iMPACT), from what I hear he gave the belt to Roode and Roode said no James, you deserve this moment and they shook hand.

I got a feeling because they took it off, Roode turns heel.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I definitely see a heel turn in the future for Roode. He will be upset that his tag team partner got a title shot out of nowhere and was able to win the title whereas he couldn't get the job done. That will eventually lead to these two feuding for the title which should be an awesome feud.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I see a heel turn for Roode as well, im happy storm gets the title but why not have him gt the shot at BFG,

Storm has more of a champions look about him, i think Roode needs to develop more of a prsonality before he gets the belt but they still need to push him as it as their biggest show of the year

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I might be the only one that doesn't want to see a Roode heel turn. That's probably because it feels like the whole roster is heel and part of Immortal in one way, shape, or form.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I don't really want to see Roode turn heel but I do think a Roode-Storm feud would produce some pretty good matches so I'd tolerate it for that reason.

rcoot93

Reaction score
They don't need to turn roode for him to have a championship match I just think it would help, and he has a perfectly good reason to do so

TheZig

Reaction score
If Roode did turn heel he doesn't necessarily have to join immortal, Even if the stable still exists after what i saw from BFG. He could be like Mr Anderson before he turned heel for 3 weeks, A rebel kind of figure.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They could definitely turn him without having him join Immortal. If he did join Immortal then he would become just another heel on the show which would be really bad for him. I can't see TNA doing a face vs face respect former tag team partners feud. They will do what they did with Daniels and Styles where they started face vs face but eventually Daniels turned heel because he was jealous. They will do the same with Roode.