TNA Lockdown 2011 - Official Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
200px-Lockdown_%282011%29.jpg

Official Card

TNA WORLD TITLE
Mr. Anderson vs. champion "The Icon" Sting vs. RVD
spacer.png

Immortal vs. Fortune
spacer.png

Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle
spacer.png

Mickie James vs. champion Madison Rayne
(Mickie's Hair vs. Madison's Knockouts Title)
spacer.png

Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan
spacer.png

The Pope vs. Samoa Joe
spacer.png

The X Division Xscape Match
spacer.png

Ink Inc vs. Crimson/Steiner vs. Jordan/Young vs. Magnus/Williams​

This post will be updated when more matches are announced.​

What do you think of the card so far? What other matches do you think will be added? What do you think of the Lockdown PPV concept?​

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Mickie won't go bald, the only way I see them getting around it is by cutting her hair but not actually shaving her head. I am 99& sure she will win the match and the title though.

I think they will have Sarita and Rosita defend the KO titles against The Beautiful people.

Kaz vs Robbie E for the X Division title.

Lethal Lockdown: Fortune vs Immortal

Samoa Joe vs Pope

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why bother with Pope and Joe, it's such a terrible feud and absolutely zero interest right now.

I heard Pope was channelling his inner Benny Hinn lastweek and pulled a "knife" on Joe's "Kato".

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It isn't that I want to see it again, I think they will book one more match between them to finish the feud. Like you said, on Impact last week they continued the feud so it isn't over yet.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
God Mickie will not go bald I agree. If she does I will be mad at TNA. I see RVD vs Mr.Anderson vs Sting for the TNA title. I hope they end the cruddy Angle vs Jarrett feud I thought it was over a long time ago guess not.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Out of the three matches made so far, the Knockouts title is the only one which interest me, I am a big Mickie James fan, and look forward to seeing if she can wrestle the title away from Madison who herself has been a pretty good champion. The only thing is in typical TNA fashion they have screwed things up by going crazy with the stipluations, James against Rayne, their feud, the title, and the fact it will be in a cage is all the selling point you need.

And I know Sting's chellenger has not been annonced, however whoever it is I just don't care about Sting defending the Title anymore. Think I will just watch the KO match and leave the rest.

SBS

Reaction score
The only match that interests me so far is Angle and Jarrett and let's face it. This match has been done to death and is like beating a dead horse, but hey when has that stopped TNA before. Fortune v. Immortal in Lethal Lockdown would be awesome and would steal the show imo, but we'll have to wait and see. I am hoping Morgan finds his way onto the card somewhere as I think he is really getting the raw end of the stick here. But like I said TNA doesn't do alot of the things it is supposed to. And if it is RVD v. Anderson v. Sting it will be alright but if I must suffer through another dull RVD title run I might head down to the impact zone and take over the company myself cause that will SUCK!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't know why Anderson even lost the damn title in the first place, even though his promos are the same and his in ring skills are sub par,he still is more interesting than any of the main eventers TNA has, because he is new blood. That one thing TNA never goes for.

RVD as champ, left them scrambling when he left to go on vacation. Why book him as champion ever again?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
And I can't believe someone really wants to see another Sting world title match (no matter who the chellenger is) over Mickies and Madison Rayne, that really is sad. The problem with the Angle VS. Jarrett match is that they have set the bar quite high with matches in the past, and because they have met so many times now, unless this match can supass the other ones, it will be seen as a let down.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Eight matches on the card with more than two weeks to go before the PPV. Good that they have announced the card early so that fans can get excited for the event and so that they can build these matches.

Pretty predictable card and quite a few of these matches are the blow-off matches to feuds so this will be it for Jarrett/Angle and Pope/Joe.

Your thoughts on the card and what do you think will be the best match?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Very poor card, like you said too many rematches, and once again you have a muti-man X match which is just over kill. The triple threat main event does not get my blood pumping either, I think the two best matches will be the Women's match, and Angle and Jarrett. Nothing else will be worth bothering with IMO.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So theres a mystery partner? So thinking like TNA, I would guess Jeff Hardy would be the "surprise" and turn face, since this company is run by morons. I could actually see this happening.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
PPV is this weekend.

Matches that I think will be good are:

Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle. These two can both wrestle and I like the stipulation that has been added for this match. Pinfalls only, submission and then escape the cage. I like how it is all logical choices and isn't anything ridiculous, basically "pure" wrestling between them during this match. This is the clear standout match and if it isn't MOTN then I will be shocked.

Samoa Joe vs Pope should be good. I am not 100% confident that it will be but if these guys can forget their gimmicks for ten minutes and just wrestle it should be very entertaining.

The tag team match could be good as there are some talented wrestlers involved I just don't like the idea of the match starting as a tornado tag with eight guys in the cage with nowhere to go at once.

The rest of the matches I don't have high hopes for. Immortal vs Fortune doesn't sound promising. Fortune is full of talented wrestlers but Immortal has Flair, Ray, Abyss and Matt Hardy. That is a terrible team.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I Expect Angle and Jarrett to be match of the night, but unless it can hold a candle to their other five hundred matches then I don't see the point, and yes as you probably guessed I am bored of their feud now.

Shame on you Troy for not mentioning the Knockouts Title match, Mickie James has been a great plus to TNA, and Madison Rayne has been a strong heel champion, their bout should be heated, and unlike pretty much everything else on the card is fresh. The stiplation is pointless, but that shouldn't take away from what should be a fine match, and the only one I will be watching with on this hopeless mess of a ppv.