TNA Bound For Glory 2013...Are They In Trouble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
65povo.jpg

I came across this picture of the arena at the Bound For Glory event, and I'm still very concerned about this. This is pathetic. I'm one of the few people who actually think TNA has a pretty good product right now, but this speaks volumes for the marketing of the company. When people think of wrestling, they immediately think of the WWE, very few unless they are big wrestling fans even know what TNA is. It's the one problem that I think has plagued them since the beginning, and it doesn't look to be changing anytime soon. It's also the one thing that WCW never really had to worry about. I remember being a fan when the two companies were around, and WCW was just as big of a name as the WWF was. When I see this picture of this arena I feel like I'm looking at a picture from an indy show in a flea market, only difference is, TNA is supposed to be a nationally televised wrestling company with notoriety. If ROH brings these crowds in, that's understandable. But TNA is on a primetime slot on SpikeTV Thursday Nights. They have been positioned by the network to be a player, but the company fails to market itself as a big deal. Honestly, I think the creative side is there. They have a lot of talent who I think is even more compelling than the talent in the WWE...but to look at this picture, it makes me sick to my stomach. TNA has been through so many restructures and OH MY GOD THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE moments that now I think we as TNA fans are just burnt out and can't really get excited anymore. I think now more than ever before, TNA is honestly on it's true last legs, and that is something that wrestling business does not need.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Was that picture of the arena at start time or did more come in after

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Was that picture of the arena at start time or did more come in after

there are some pics out there from during the show that look very similar.

It's shitty business management if nothing else. Someone should have realised a lot sooner that TNA shouldn't be running arenas that big and should be doing smaller venues instead. Sure, they may be smaller, but at least the building will look closer to full than this.

Think of ECW and PWG. Smaller venues, but man do those shows always looked packed.

I guess I can understand the miscalculation, TNA have drawn decent sized crowds in the past of the road. The UK shows and Slammiversary 2012 are great examples of this. But this past year since taking Impact on the road, ironically comes at a time when interest in the product is at an all time low.

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
I think thats when the show was actually going on because you can see wrestling in the ring at the time of this picture. But yeah I agree, just bad business.