The Miz is your WWE Champion!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Seriously, no thread for this?

AWWEEEESOMMEEEEEE!

Marked out like a child for this.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Mizwins.jpg

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I haven't been able to get online for the past couple of days so I couldn't start a thread. Disappointed that none of those who keep asking for mod spots didn't start a thread on it.

I had expected it to happen the night before at SS but I don't mind that it took place the next night. Orton is a boring champion for me and if Wade Barrett wasn't given the opportunity with the title then I am glad The Miz got the chance. The Miz has had an excellent run and surprisingly having Alex Riley by his side has been beneficial. It just adds something extra, like he has his own personal cheerleader to laugh at all his jokes and back up all of his insults.

I can't wait to see where the AWESOME Era takes us!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Right to be honst I thought WWE had lost intrest in The Miz, and than he might be the first ever to win the MITB, and fail to win the title. But now that he has the title lets see WWE do something gutsy and have him hold it up to Wrestlemania!

I don't agree with you about Orton Troy. I don't think the legend killer has ever been hotter, and thing is WWE can't just keep choping and changing champions. The trouble is that because he has had a number of title regins, then the fact he has won it again, means people find it as being same old, same old, even through Orton is no better equipt to be a main eventer. Anyway a fresh face on top, opens up now possiblities and Miz has been one of the hottest things in wrestling in 2010. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

oobydooby

Reaction score
Personally I don't believe the Miz will hold any title for long. He is just about as boring as Michael Cole, and as charismatic as him too.

Yes we all expected him to win, but no not champ for too long... at least I hope not!

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
the majority of the public likes Orton, and rightfully so, the guy is a bad ass in general. As a huge fan of his heel work, I'll never be into this face watered down version of Orton.

Miz is great on the mic, he's not terrible in the ring, I'm completely sure that he's going to do great with this opportunity. He's the WWE Champion, this is real. I'm so surprised, and extremely proud to be a WWE fan right now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There is just something about this version of Orton that really bugs me. I can't stand him at the moment whereas previously I was really into his character. When he had the Legend Killer gimmick in full swing he was great and I was a fan. Now though I find whatever he does to be boring and as a tweener/face I find him very bland and predictable.

It will be interesting to see how The Miz goes as champion and to see how he handles the pressure of being the number one guy on the brand. His first PPV mainevent match as champion will be something I watch with interest, will he step it up in the ring as champion?

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I could of pictured Miz vs. Orton as a Wrestlemania main event, it's the match JR himself predicted on his blog. It's going to be interesting to see how this develops Miz as a character, as a major person in the WWE programming. The WWE finally pulled the trigger on their ace in the hole, and I think it was the perfect time to do it. It was exciting to see The Miz win the big one, and it was one of those moments that I'll remember for a long time as a shocking, terrific moment. The last time I marked like that was when Cena lost to Barrett at Hell in a Cell. Say what you want about the programming, but they produce some good moments. Vince isn't stupid, he knows what he's doing, we just have to wait patiently, even though we want things to happen like right now, right this second.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If they do have Miz against Orton at Mania, then I don't think they meet each other until then. This way it would be a fresh main event, and they can build up Orton's road to a rematch. Maybe he can win the Rumble [although I would like to see someone new win it]

I think there are more than enough challenges to tie Miz over until then.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So what does everyone think of his first night as champion? For me it was very poor. To start off with he was over shadowed by the Cena(surely the WWE champion should be involved in the top feud on Raw), then his promo was interupted by the King, and then he only just beats the 61 year old with help from Michael Cole. Thats up there with Samoa Joe's first night as TNA Champion!

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With the KOTR tournament being run throughout the show I wouldn't have bothered involving the Miz in a match on the show. Instead I would have had him cut a promo in a kind of victory celebration on RAW. That way he is still given his time on the show but then he won't have to have a match on a show where the focus is on KOTR.

I was impressed by the match though as I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Cole coming in to help prevent Lawler win was a bit weak and focused more on their storyline rather than the Miz but overall I don't think that many will remember it in a few months time. I was happy that they didn't throw away a PPV match on the show though, it is better to make people pay rather than give it away for free on RAW.

If Orton is out injured, he recently went for an MRI on his neck, then who do you think will feud with The Miz?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
By the way I have edited my previous post because I meant to say Miz was over shadowed by Cena not the King Of the Ring.

I agree Troy than the Lawler/Miz TLC match was better than I expected, I think the King to his credit took some good bumps. The problem I have is that Miz should have won more convincing, and without help. When your a new champion, you should be sending a statement in your first title defence, not dragging yourself over the line.

To answer your question Troy, I think Sheamus should turn heel and chellenge the Miz, I know that might be bad timing with him winning KOTR, but it would freshen Sheamus up, and of couse it would be a different main event. After that Morrison should go after the belt at the Royal Rumble to renew that riverly. And then I would have Chris Jericho return for the Royal Rumble match, turn face, and defeat Miz for the strap at Wrestlemania. I think a Miz/Jericho feud could make for some awesome vabel exchanges.

Last edited: