• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The common cold

TheZig

So do any of you guys have any technique or type of medicine to withhold the symptoms?

I've been drugging myself on Cough medicine and throat lozenges since Monday and haven't been able to get myself in work.

John McHenry

John McHenry
I just do anything I can think of to get my core temp up baths kinky sex etc. I haven't had a cold that last longer than a day for 10 years thought I tend to get pneumonia every 3.

Killswitch

Use zinc and starve it as your body uses lots of energy to digest food, energy it could be using to fight your virus.

TheZig

Nice idea, One thing that always made me feel better was going to the gyms steam room and sweating it out, It always helped with a blocked nose. But seeing as i've not been the gym for well over a year i doubt i'll be doing that.

Andrew

My method may sound weird but it tends to work.

Glass of warm water.

Grab a lemon, cut it in half and squeeze it into the water, add salt and honey and stir it and drink it as quick as possible.

It actually helps believe it or not.

PHX

Legacy Member
Cough medicine and a lot of sleep is pretty much what I do. Thankfully I don't get sick much but when I do I pretty much don't and can't do shit else but sit and rest while taking cough medicine.

Rush

Banned
Not much you can do. Rest, throat lozenges and ibuprofin to treat any sore throat or headache symptoms. Hot shower (ie the steam that another bloke mentioned) relieves a blocked or congested nose.

Troy

I try to sleep as much as possible to let the body heal itself and rest seems to work well. Other than that throat lozenges like Vics Vapor Drops and Strepsils work well for me.

Seak

Am I the only one who smokes weed when sick? You still feel sick, but you're high so you don't really care.