Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Felon:pretty good prison movie, alot of fighting and blood so a lot of action.I thought the ending was lame but pretty good movie otherwise. 7/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Persona [1966] 9/10
One of Bergman's greatest ever movies.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Watched 28 Day Later and 28 Weeks Later.

Liked it being a virus infection instead of zombies. Like extreme rabies, had some parts that made me jump but for the most part, just mirrored a survival movie instead of a true horror movie.

Really liked the second one better than the first.

28 Days Later: 8/10
28 Weeks later: 9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I like the first one better, just because it is more polictical, and has a lot more to say about the future or maybe in some ways the world we already live in, also it was just more gritty, but I did like the second one too, and thought it was an interesting contrast to Boyle's film.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I liked the idea of seeing some of the film through the eyes of one of the infected, the father consumed by guilt for leaving his wife to die in the beginning of the film. And seeing him try to reunite his family the entire film. Even if it was by killing them.

Plus the whole brutal beatings he gave his wife and the woman trying to save his kids were so brutal, I actually cringed, something I don't do often. Very good movie.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bad Teacher
Tired, cliched comedy about a superficial gold-digger who teaches kids for some reason. Ignoring the fact that this woman would have had to go through alot of school to become a teacher and also ignoring the fact that no one in their right mind would ever hire this woman. I'll ignore that and still say this was a boring movie. I didn't get one laugh, the dialogue was terrible, the premise was boring. And acted like Bad Santa with no balls.

2/10

Horrible Bosses
So a movie about 3 people wanting to commit murder over trivial things is what this movie is about. The "terrible bosses" are the only thing that make this movie worth sitting through, other than that the main characters are not likeable. They come off as whiney bitches. Sub par comedy.
5/10

Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines
So I was just flipping through channels and caught this movie, decided to watch it since I couldn't remember this move, now I know why I didn't remember it. I must've blocked it out of my mind it was so bad. Too much CGI, Ahnold wasn't imposing and it was too joke heavy. The John Conner character acted like a pussy throughout the whole movie and wasn't buyable as a saviour of humanity. I remember one point in the movie where the romantic interest Katherine Brewster shoots a drone out of the air and John Conner says "You remind me of my mother." What the Freud?!?!?

3/10

Hobo With a Shotgun
This movie is hyper-violent, nonsensical and 100% Awesome!
I loved this movie, it was just pure exploitation and since its being lumped into the Gindhouse category, I'll say it is the best out of them all. I even think this is one of the best Canadian movies ever. I can't put over this movie enough. I just loved it.
11/10

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah both Bad Teacher and Horrible Bosses I will give a miss. HWASG I will seek out at some stage as RH is a classic screen villain and at least it may have some cult value if nothing else.

Blade Runner Director's Cut [1982/2007] 10/10
Scott's classic Sci-Fi, has excellent ideas on the future, is a very dark, surreal tale, which takes you into a unique world like none other seen on screen before. The tension in the atmosphere is great, the score remarkable and there are a number of very good performances. Touching and thought provoking, and unlike any Sci-Fi ever.

Dogma [2000] 6.5/10
Kevin Smith's touqe in cheek black comedy has lost some of its bite with age. The over relaiace on ramdon potty mouth humour, sight gags, and a slightly rambling plot [it is a bit too long too] make it a bit of a tough watch in places, and also more a collection of parts than a whole film. None the less it is entertaining, with smart post-modern humour, and a finely balanced cast, and is impressive just for the guts of the subject matter being tackled in a main stream comedy. Funny and clever, but not as much as it thinks it is.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dogma is one of Kevin Smith's finest works. Not saying much, since the guy hasn't made too many good movies lately.

Adjustment Bureau
Grabbed a pile of dvds over the weekend and first one I popped in was this one. Starts out a little slow, with Matt Damon playing an Obama-esque politician who meets a woman. They love each other(classic) and then are seperated(another classic) by people who make sure things run smoothly(classic?)

Overall it was entertaining enough.

7/10

Love's Kitchen
This movie is another classic story about a man who loses his wife, meets a woman, they don't like eachother in the beginning. They fall in love, they fall out of love. Man does something crazy to tell his love that he loves her.

I threw up watching this.
1/10

Willow
Needed a break in crap so I popped this classic in. I loved this movie and still think it holds up pretty well. Classic swashbuckliong tale starring a whose who of little people. Last time Val Kilmer wasn't a douchebag and the last time Lucas wrote a good story.
8/10

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Willow
Needed a break in crap so I popped this classic in. I loved this movie and still think it holds up pretty well. Classic swashbuckliong tale starring a whose who of little people. Last time Val Kilmer wasn't a douchebag and the last time Lucas wrote a good story.
8/10

Oh so true.

Cowboy & Aliens
Think your stereotypical western where the bad guy takes the girl except this time bad guy is an alien. It actually had promise in the first fifteen minutes before falling into utter shit. Night scenes you can't see anything then they throw in a blinding day scene two seconds later it's like Faverau didn't go to film school. The script seemed pretty bad too many plot holes to count. The acting was pretty good with what you had to work with and I think some of the issues may have been the theater so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say

6.5/10

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
X-Men: First Class

Okay, so I may get hate for this, as I already have from friends and such, but I REALLY liked this movie. I've loved all the X-Men movies, and this one was amazing to see the back story of them. I know that is wasn't right spot on with comics, but give me a freaking break. If it was right on with the comic, I probably wouldn't want to see it. Who wants to see the same damn thing you just read...anyways it's about how a mutant is about to start World War III and two other mutants end up forming a team of mutants to take them down. Trying to be as vague as I can. Don't want to give much away.

8.5/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Jane Eyre [1944] 7/10
Orson Welle's ripe performance is very effective, but is out of sink with Foutines reserved [and frankly quite dull] Eyre. This is a full blooded and sinister version of Brontes classic novel, the score is really haunting, but the story in places does feel uneven and rushed. A decent stab at a tricky film project.

One Hour Photo [2002] 7.5/10
Robin Williams at his creepy best, he does a excellent job in transforming himself from the manic, colourful clown we are used to into a very sad and twisted photostore clark, who does just enough to make the viewer sad for him, while still processing a real threat. The film has a destinct colour range, and has some interesting ideas about american culture and the suductive nature of photographs, still there are plot holes, and a slight lack of depth as things move along, but it is still very gripping.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Ring Two [2005] 6.5/10
Solid horror, an improvement on the first film, but not as good as the Japanise version, Naomi Watts is a relieable lead, but in the end it is too over the top and clitiched.

Potiche [2011] 8/10
A return to form for Francois Ozon with this stylish and witty French farce which is more in the mold of his earier films such as Sitcom [1998] and 8 Women [2002]. It also has a classic British sitcom type feel kind of like a mix between Fawlty Towers and Carry On, but ruder and with gentle and funny turns from the timeless mix of Catherine Deneuve and Gerard Depardieu.

When A Stranger Calls [2006] 5.5/10
I feel an Andrew catchphase coming on or is Tapout, can't quite remember LOL. So it was coming up to midnight last night and I didn't feel like going to bed, but at the same time wasn't in the mood for anything too challenging, so I gave this a go, and it was pretty much what I was expecting. Camille Belle wa decent in the lead role, and there were one or two good jumps, but the lack of plot becames a problem, because after about an hour ou reliase that this is it, this is the whole film, and the only thing left to do is to make it into a chase film inside the house. It does become boring and predictable, and is nowhere near as scary as it needs to be, but if you take for what it is, then its fine.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
The Machinist, for about the 17th time. Brad Anderson owns. Amazing movie, about how guilt and insomnia are synonymous. I'm sure his incessant smoking and caffeine consumption in the film isn't exactly helping, but you get the idea.

Bale is a GOD. Crucified himself for this role, I sometimes wonder whether he's actually insane or something.

Ben

Reaction score
Limitless: 8/10

Went into the movie not expecting much but actually ended up being really into it. Cool plot, and the presentation is well done.