Suggestion for the WRESTLING community

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
The forums & underground news outlets on the internet are endless when it comes to the internet. It leaves you options, who to trust, who not to trust. How ever I thought it would be best interest that such a network on TV could be created. We have various networks for 24/7 sports coverage, none of witch cover wrestling in a consistency. The problem w/ that is cause of 2 things. First is that your 2 mainstream WRESTLING companies (WWE & TNA) are scripted. Secondly both companies are not in season, they go year round. I think it would be a bright idea to do 1 of the following things. The first would to create a TMZ like show just based upon WRESTLING it's self (mainly focused on WWE, NXT,TNA, & FCW) & air that particular show on like FOX late night programming on the weekends. The other option would to be create a network dedicated to WRESTLING it's self as a whole. From having News & Interviews revolving around the WRESTLING community, to having recaps of your fav. programming from WWE, & TNA & FCW (i'm sure there's internet video updates on FCW some where's). Something of such an idea along these lines would be great & might be able to lessen the competition between organizations but more treat WWE & TNA as leagues of WRESTLING. WWE being (the Winston cup of wrestling) & TNA (being the Busch cup of wrestling). Like the whole nascar umbrella, all auto racing is under one universal name of Nascar but has different cup series. Instead WRESTLING would be the universal name & being split up by a series of leagues (WWE,TNA,FCW,NXT). Hows that sound as an idea . Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? it's all welcomed, I'm open for debates on this idea, it's just a thought. I'm not one saying that this is the answer to anything.

- RB

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum rb and nice to see you posting a nice long essay as your first post. I think a network woul be a cool option to look into but tna and wwe would never accept being on the same network.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Yeah thats another factor that stops this idea in it's path ways. How ever from past history in wrestling. You just gotts expect anything rather it be for better or for worse.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In the UK they I believe they actually had a channel called The Wrestling Channel which showed only wrestling. It didn't have any WWE as they were contracted to another network but it had TNA, ROH, other US indy companies, UK indy wrestling and Japanese wrestling. It was all just about wrestling but unfortunately it only lasted for a few years.

I really like the idea of a wrestling network but the biggest issue to get around is all these companies have television contracts with other networks which are worth huge amounts of money so they aren't likely to leave them. I do think that a Wrestling channel featuring everything but WWE and TNA could work well in the US. It could have talk shows about the product and then also showcase some of the indy companies and also some foreign companies. Note that WWE themselves are starting their own television network which is to be launched in about a years time so that will be a great opportunity for WWE fans to see a lot of the older product plus everything that WWE has in their DVD library which is huge.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I used to watch TWC. It was such a great channel and I actually knew when TNA was on and could also catch RoH which was very good as well as old wrestling from World of Wrestling.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was a great concept and it is a shame that it didn't last. It is now the Fight Network isn't it? Such a good way to promote the smaller companies as well getting them some much needed exposure and it helps build the industry as a whole.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Im not sure i dont think the channel is even on the EPG anymore, but when it was the fight network they just showed crap and Teleshopping before it went bust. I want a channel like that to return so I cant watch RoH because I would really like to widen my wrestling knowledge and horizon to like new brands.