Stone Cold is the General Manager next week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Weez had a great idea in the RAW discussion thread, Austin and CM Punk having a confrontation on the show. That is something I would like to see and would be a great way to use Austin.

Other than Punk who else would you like to see Austin interact with on RAW this week?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
lol I said RTruth in the Raw discussion but I wouldn't mind seeing him stun Cena I can see myself screaming at the TV right now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be great if it happens but I doubt it. Maybe that could happen early next year when WWE have Austin appear on RAW to get involved in the Cena/Rock feud.

Seak

Reaction score
Weez had a great idea in the RAW discussion thread, Austin and CM Punk having a confrontation on the show. That is something I would like to see and would be a great way to use Austin.

Other than Punk who else would you like to see Austin interact with on RAW this week?
Punk and Austin have been having a "war of words" type back and forth on Twitter for a while. I personally think they could pull out one of the best segments we've ever seen, but maybe I'm saying that because it is my two favorite wrestlers for their generations......
lol I said RTruth in the Raw discussion but I wouldn't mind seeing him stun Cena I can see myself screaming at the TV right now.
R-Truth would be another good choice. With how his character has been as of late I think they can give us some great comedy that would still help advance Truths story. It could be a great segment for Austin to bring back his What?! schtick
Would be great if it happens but I doubt it. Maybe that could happen early next year when WWE have Austin appear on RAW to get involved in the Cena/Rock feud.
I've been saying since it started that Austin has to get himself involved in the Cena / Rock feud somehow. Him supporting either side can make sense storyline wise, but personally I want to see him stun Cena. Nothing the WWE can do would make me happier than watching John Cena laid out by a Stone Cold Stunner. Nothing!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Raw is going to be the same crap it usually is. Just this time there will be a pretty piece to the pile of crap embedded in it. It'll make it stink less, and look a lil shinier but overall it won't do enough to completely deter what it really is.

Austin as the guest GM... really just the way it was done was completely and utterly dumb. The way it was done completely turned me off. You have a guy completely defy authority, ruin your main event... so your punishment is to... put him in a position of control over your show?

Austin could do something good for the show but... it won't be enough to save it. Raw and Smackdown appearing on Raw isn't special anymore. It isn't big, it isn't glamorous. It's just pretty much another Raw, just an hour longer. Until the brand split means anything like it did back in the early 2000's ... well '02 it just doesn't mean a thing to see the two brands interacting on the same show. Back then if one guy showed up on the other show it was like WHOA DID YOU SEE THAT! Now it's like... hey look... isn't he Raw or is he Smackdown I don't remember.

Austin is adding flavor to the dull show but perhaps the show has become so dull that there isn't enough flavor that can be added to it to make it good.

Seak

Reaction score
Slim, so you're saying R-Truth in his main event push, the Miz / Riley angle, and CM Punk constantly on the show is shit? I'm not saying RAW is at it's best, but it is a hell of a lot better than it has been.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Slim, so you're saying R-Truth in his main event push, the Miz / Riley angle, and CM Punk constantly on the show is shit? I'm not saying RAW is at it's best, but it is a hell of a lot better than it has been.

I agree with you here Seak. Raw has been getting better of the past few weeks. R-Truth brings something fresh to the main event scene, CM Punk is being used just about as well as someone can be used outside of the Mid Card, Tag Team, or World Title scene. And his matches with Rey are still outstanding. The Miz / Riley angle is also something I have been surprisingly looking forward to.

Anyways, I honestly can't tell you what I expect tonight. It can be so many different things with Stone Cold as GM. I mean, it has to be for a reason, but right now, they really got me stumped on why hes GM. Also, it made no since to make him GM either after what he did, and the mystery GM reversing the decision. I just hope the mystery GM thing is over tonight, or very soon for that matter. It's been almost a year, which I think has been way to long, but eh, if they can pull something good out of it, then maybe it was worth it.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Agree with Seak also (did I really just say that, Seak I have to tell you, you are making me a believer that your old rep is in the past, keep up the good work man you have been a great poster here the last few months). Anyway It isn't perfect but Raw has been the most watchable it has been in a long time the last month or so.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Things have been picking up I do agree.

As for Austin as GM it seems like from the reports it worked a treat last night, but I will reserve judgement until I have seen the show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He was really good on RAW tonight. He did more than just drink beer and stunner people and actually added to the show. His interaction with Punk was my favourite.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

Nope not at all. What I am saying is that the few glimmers such as those... are not enough.

Truth should have had this push a long time ago, should have had his heel turn a long time ago. Its years too late.

Miz/Riley... is pretty much the only decent thing going on Raw right now.

Punk is and will always be gold... but in a shit show... you get his presence for a few minutes tops and other than last night it is always on a losing effort. The guy should be at the top of the food chain but instead he's just fodder.

So to say that Raw is better now than it has been... come on man... all it takes is a little effort and it'll be better than it has been. They still aren't trying to produce an overall decent show. They are just looking to produce a show that fulfills the TV time obligations, the commercial times allotted for the advertisements to pay bills, and the such.

So yeah... it is better than it has been in a while but to go from complete utter shit to shit... not much of an improvement tbh.

Weez

Reaction score
Sorry, Slim, but I think you have unrealistic expectations. What I'm curious about, What do YOU want out of Raw? (to go slightly off-topic a bit)

Punk went over the World Champion (and Super Hero) John Cena last night in a very very good TV match. He's a heel. That means he loses more than he wins. It's PRO WRESTLING, Wins and losses are pointless, relevance is and Punk is still VERY Relevant towards the top of the Food chain.

Truth is having the run of his career, but to say "he should have gone heel and given this push a long time ago and it's years too late" shows that you are both a Psychic and aren't watching RAW. Because, only a Psychic could know R-Truth had the ability to do what he's done in this promo, because he's never shown nor had the opportunity to show any glimmer of him having this. Yes, I've been watching him since K-Kwik. And if you've been watching Raw, it's obviously not too late because he's possibly the most over heel in the company right now.

Riley and Miz has been great, Riley's music is crowd pop-worthy, and Riley might be on the ride of his life here. I expect the Miz to win at Capitol Punishment in the typical WWE style of "This guy gets over on his opponent for 3 weeks so we can have him Job at the ppv" booking, but if Riley can have a strong showing, then he's pretty much set.

Del Rio/Show has been comical, Rodriguez is hilarious and that beatdown last night was fantastic. Show running at a sprint to the ring in street clothes was pretty scary looking. I'd expect a pretty decent match between the two at the ppv.

Kofi/Ziggler is just taking off, but they have a match at the ppv. I hope this continues after, maybe adding in a few new stars to the mix and making the US title relevant again.

While the lack of Zack Ryder in his hometown turned me off to last night's Raw, it was still a great show. I wasn't bored for a minute. Wish I could say the same watching TNA.

Back ON topic, I was wrong and I was right. Stone Cold was gold on RAW last night, added a great bit to the show. His promo with Punk, as Troy said, was freaking gold.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Truth is in his mid 30s not his 40s. He has alot more years to make himself some money. Jericho got better when he got older. Everyone does, young is young, experience is where the money is drawn. Everyone starts their moneymaking years in their 30s. 20 year olds don't get shit but a bus ticket home most of the time.

Seak

Reaction score
I have to agree with Weez 100% here. I could argue Slims post point by point, but it would pretty much mirror what Weez said. So really there is no point to my current post besides saying H5 Weez.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
LOL I have to agree with the above three posts. While Raw could be better your acting like it can go from shit to gold overnight. It's definitely been more entertaining than it has been in quite some time.