SmackDown's Finest - GM Mode Series (SVR '06)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u

Hey Smarks, good to be back on the boards here at WS. For those that know me from WC, you may know me for such BTBers such as ROH: The Decade Of Honor, or more notably, my "What If" thread on NXT's 6th season back in 2021. I'll be archiving the later here on the site at some point soon, but for now I'll be taking a break from that and starting a new, less detailed project. I've found some time to kill with my current schedule. I'll be using GM Mode from SVR 06, and my goal is to go a calender year. I'll be posting simulated matches in this thread, aswell as show ratings and such. I'll be doing summarized promos aswell. Hope you enjoy!

nWQttN4.png

World Heavyweight Champion
Kurt Angle

WWE Tag Team Champions
William Regal & Tajiri

United States Champion
Orlando Jordan

WWE Cruiserweight Champion
Vacant

SMACKDOWN ROSTER

Triple H
Kurt Angle
Randy Orton
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Jericho
Edge
Booker T
Rob Van Dam
Christian
Shelton Benjamin
Orlando Jordan
Paul London
Chavo Guerrero
William Regal
Tajiri
Scotty 2 Hotty
Steven Richards
Charlie Haas
The Hurricane

Pay-Per-View Schedule

Judgement Day; May 26th
The Great American Bash; July 28th

SummerSlam; August 18th
No Mercy; October 13th
Survivor Series; November 24th
Armageddon; December 22nd
Royal Rumble; January 26th
No Way Out; February 23rd
Wrestlemania 21; March 30th

Last edited:

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
SMACKDOWN #1
"OLYMPIC KILLER"
4Nmrrwj.jpg

SmackDown kicks off with a bang as Taz and Michael Cole introduce the viewers with their iconic(?) back and fourth jabbering revolving riveting subjects such as Michael Cole possibly training for a Cruiserweight Title Match, bruddas, and other irrelevent topics.

Eventually, we get to the point, as Cole directs us towards a video package highlighting Kurt Angle's meteoric rise to the top of the WWE, focusing on his recent reign as World Heavyweight Champion. In the middle of it, we see Randy Orton hit an RKO to an oppenent, and the package begins to highlight his career, until the two packages go back and fourth with various quotes from one another. The video ends at a slow still of both men looking at one another with intensity. Tonight, it's going down. Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, non-title action!

But before we get there, it's time for some cruiserweight action, as Christian takes on Paul London!

After taking it to Christian for over 14 minutes, Paul London manages to pick up a shockingly decisive win over Captain Charisma following a dragon suplex. After a 450 done earlier in the match to Christian while he was on the outside floor, Christian looked pretty out of it. After the match, London celebrated, but Christian rolled out of the ring, pissed and holding his neck in pain.

Backstage, we see Orlando Jordan with a suit on and the United States Championship strapped over his shoulder. He struts confidently into the hallway, before being stopped by Booker T, who tries to compliment his suit casually as he walks by him. Orlando grabs Booker's shoulder and tells him that "it's not just a "nice" suit, it's an amazing suit, bought with only a champion's money... the kind of money that you don't have". Booker is bug eyed and tells him to tell HIM that he didn't just say that, and that he was just giving the man a compliment. Booker throws down the challenge next week to teach Orlando a lesson, and before he can even reply, Booker calls him a SUCKA!

One more transition elsewhere in the back, where William Regal and Tajiri, the WWE Tag Team Champions, go over their strategy in a muted tone, as music plays over them, and Michael Cole tells us they're in non-title action NEXT!

After Tajiri got the tag, it was pretty one sided as he got some great offense on the odd pairing of Steven Richards and Chavo Guerrero. It would be Steven Richards who'd sneak in the win on Tajri. Richards and Steven would roll out of the ring and point and laugh at the tag champions.

Backstage, we see the world champion Kurt Angle stand backstage with the world title over his shoulder.

Kurt Angle
Y'know, since I've reclaimed the world title, I've been wanting to put in the work more and more every week. Tonight, right here in Manchester, England, I have the opportunity to work another succesful shift against Randy Orton. Now Randy, you're dangerous. You're viscious, and hell, I'll admit it; you've got a solid chance against me. But that's just it, a chance. A chance to beat me in that ring... not beat me. I've shown the world that Kurt Angle is not someone to mess with, so tonight, if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't be concerned with trying to beat Kurt Angle, I'd be concerned trying not to have my ankle broken. You're going to lose to all of these people here in the U.K., and that's true... DAMN true.

Kurt readjusts the title as he walks off camera, where back in the ring, Chris Jericho is set to go one on one with Eddie Guerrero!

Chris Jericho would prevail with a possum win, throwing off Guerrero. As Jericho's hand is raised in victory, Eddie Guerrero is behind him, tapping him on the shoulder. Jericho turns around too see Eddie look somewhat annoyed, but he extends a hand to Jericho. Jericho scoffs, looking out to the crowd for their reaction. He accepts the handshake, but pulls Eddie in, telling him something no one can hear, but it clearly throws any respect Eddie had for Y2J out the window. Eddie takes his hand back and rolls out of the ring, occasionally looking back at Jericho who's still celebrating.

It's almost main event time. A quick commercial break is followed up by an announcement that Edge will be in action next week! Alongside another match in the Cruiserweight Division to get closer too seeing who will take home the vacant Cruiserweight Championship!

This match is action packed, full of Ankle Lock attempts, an Angle Slam, and Orton finding the strength to kickout. The crowd boo fouly, as after a low-blow, Orton is able to hit the RKO and secure a win over the world champion. SmackDown ends on a bitter note with Angle in the fetal position as Orton celebrates his win. The referee has the world title in his hands, about to give it too Angle who's still on the ground, but Orton takes it, looks at it, and raises it over his head, before placing it on Angle's chest, telling him to keep it warm for him, as SmackDown goes off the air.

Paul London defeats Christian - 2 Stars

Steven Richards & Chavo Guerrero defeat Regal & Tajiri - 1 Star
Chris Jericho defeats Eddie Guerrero - 2 and a Half Stars

Randy Orton defeats Kurt Angle - 3 and a Half Stars

SMACKDOWN - 1 and a Half Stars |
RAW - 2 and a Half Stars

4,770,000 FANS

SHOW COST = 50,000

TOTAL INCOME = 372, 650

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
SvR 2006 videos to go with the written stuff is a nice touch :D
While I don't expect anyone to sit through 24 minutes for Regal & Tajiri vs. Richards & Guerrero (lol), I like to record my stuff just in case anyone wants something visual. Probably going to cut out entrances to avoid copyright strikes and turn off huds for immersion purposes.

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
SMACKDOWN UPDATES

- While SmackDown already bolsters a roster full of great talent, it seems to expand with the inclusion of a SUPERHERO! The Hurricane was picked up earlier this week from the free agencey pool.

- WWE has been notified by Christian's agent that he will not be in in-ring competition next week. Christian is allegedly suffering from a bruised rib and possibly injured neck thanks too Paul London's "dangerous" and 'irresponsible" style of wrestling. WWE has since requested approval for doctor's reports to back up Christians' claim. It's been three days and WWE has not recieved these reports.

- Speaking of Paul London, London has been riding a huge wave of momentum this week as SmackDown searches for it's next Cruiserweight Champion. London will be sitting down with Taz and Michael Cole on the upcoming episode of SmackDown, as he'll get a front row view of Rob Van Dam taking on Charlie Haas.

- Kurt Angle is beyond pissed after what transpired on the latest episode of SmackDown. Kurt Angle has since dished out the challenge to Randy Orton, telling WWE's offical website he wants another shot at Orton to make up for his loss too The Legend Killer last week. His wish is semi-granted, as Kurt Angle & Shelton Benjamin are slated too face Randy Orton, and get this folks, TRIPLE H, in a tag team match. Will Evolution rise again, or is this just a one time deal?

Tune in to find out more!