Smackdown 5/23/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
FiuNBp0.jpg

WWE taped the May 23, 2014 WWE SmackDown episode from the O2 Arena in London, England.​

Dark Match

* NXT Champion Adrian Neville defeated Sami Zayn

WWE SmackDown

* SmackDown opens with Hulk Hogan coming out to a huge pop. Hogan talks about the WWE Network coming to the UK. Jimmy Hart was in the ring with Hogan.

* Announced for tonight is The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper plus Dolph Ziggler vs. Batista in a No DQ match.

* Batista defeated Dolph Ziggler in a lengthy No DQ match.

* Cameron and Naomi defeated Eva Marie and Nikki Bella when special referee Summer Rae cost Eva the match.

* Bo Dallas makes his re-debut on SmackDown and comes out for a “cheesy heel promo” in the ring. He goes on to defeat Sin Cara in under 4 minutes.

* Bray Wyatt comes with The Wyatt Family. Bray cuts another great promo on John Cena and Payback.

* Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio is next. Cesaro is on commentary. Sheamus gets the win in what was described as a good back and forth match.

* Vickie Guerrero comes out to the ring to big heat. She’s interrupted by Adam Rose and the Rosebuds. They dance their way to the ring but only Rose enters. Rose tells Vickie not to be a lemon, but to be a Rosebud. This segment was described as fun and our correspondent said Vickie played along.

* John Cena is out with The Usos for their main event. Bray Wyatt is out with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. The Usos get the win in a 10 minute match. Our correspondent noted that the match had a bad ending. The Wyatt Family ended up taking The Usos out and beating Cena down to end SmackDown.

Source: PWMania

Reactions: Snowman1

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, no matches i'm actually interested in watching. Gutted that Sin Cara is jobbing again but whatever, I thought he'd be feuding with Sheamus but clearly they want Cesaro to be a two time US champion!

Brosnar

Jobber
Reaction score
Does anyone know what exactly was said about the WWE Network and the UK? :troll:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Does anyone know what exactly was said about the WWE Network and the UK? :troll:

Hart was in the ring at the beginning of the show, he introduced Hogan... Hogan came out and said Hart has changed since his time in the Legends House, he said it was good to be back in the UK with all his British Hulkamaniacs and then assured everyone that the WWE Network would be available to the UK soon... no definitive date or anything.

By the way, the Batista/Ziggler No DQ was actually a pretty good match, Bo Dallas' debut was better than I expected it would be, and Bray Wyatt's promo was very good... the rest of the show was just kind of meh.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm a little too cynical with the NXT callups at this point, but it sounds to me that they are going to make Bo way too much about his "Bolieve" line and not enough about the countless other great things about that character. The character itself could get over, just...

It's such a shame they're not booking him the way they did in NXT. Let the main roster fans hate him before turning him into this amazingly hatable heel, the best way to get heel heat in 2014 is to be a bad babyface.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just watched SmackDown, it was pretty meh. SmackDown can never cease to disappoint. lol

Ziggler, one of the best wrestlers in the company was jobbing to Bootista? Fuck that shit! And dear Lord, that 'spear' was so awful. Go away, Bootista!

Sheamus vs Del Rio was meh, as well.

Was glad to see Bo Dallas on SD, even though that promo was kinda cheesy. His match was good, though.

Bray Wyatt's promo was damn good, but I was laughing my ass off when he started talking gibberish (right before the 'He's got the whole world...' part)

Looking forward to seeing Bray vs Cena at Payback. Hopefully Bray wins again!

Or it could happen what usually happens in Cena's Last Man Standing matches, Cena gets his ass beaten and still manages to stand up and win. *Bray puts him through 10 tables, beats the shit outta Cena, Cena somehow gets up, puts Bray through the announcer's table and booom, Cena wins* - If that's gonna be the case, fuck that shit!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I'm a little too cynical with the NXT callups at this point, but it sounds to me that they are going to make Bo way too much about his "Bolieve" line and not enough about the countless other great things about that character. The character itself could get over, just...

It's such a shame they're not booking him the way they did in NXT. Let the main roster fans hate him before turning him into this amazingly hatable heel, the best way to get heel heat in 2014 is to be a bad babyface.

I don't know. The whole draw of the character is that Bo is a heel who thinks he's a babyface.

The match was good. Sin Cara hit some high spots and Bo came out with the win. The crowd was eating up his victory lap and the post-match handshake with Sin Cara. I think Bo's going to be fine.

wk

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Haven't peeped it entirely yet but I heard Bo's match with Hunicara was pretty legit, plan to watch it at some point later today for sure.
Heard the No DQ with 'Dave and Dolph was solid, a bit lengthy but that's good considering Batista usually looks gassed out after like what two moves?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score

Yeah, as Waco said they opted to go with a character who could do the "heel who thinks he's a face" dynamic right out of the gate. I don't know, I think this is safer because Bo's previous character may have been a bit too subtle for a part of the fanbase, I don't know.

Just watched SmackDown, it was pretty meh. SmackDown can never cease to disappoint. lol

Ziggler, one of the best wrestlers in the company was jobbing to Bootista? Fuck that shit! And dear Lord, that 'spear' was so awful. Go away, Bootista!

Sheamus vs Del Rio was meh, as well.

Was glad to see Bo Dallas on SD, even though that promo was kinda cheesy. His match was good, though.

Bray Wyatt's promo was damn good, but I was laughing my ass off when he started talking gibberish (right before the 'He's got the whole world...' part)

Looking forward to seeing Bray vs Cena at Payback. Hopefully Bray wins again!

Or it could happen what usually happens in Cena's Last Man Standing matches, Cena gets his ass beaten and still manages to stand up and win. *Bray puts him through 10 tables, beats the shit outta Cena, Cena somehow gets up, puts Bray through the announcer's table and booom, Cena wins* - If that's gonna be the case, fuck that shit!
Well, Ziggler shouldn't be beating Batista at this point. He's currently involved in a main event program and Ziggler has been jobbing for ages. I thought them making Ziggler take Batista to the limit and go toe to toe with him was actually pretty good. Plus, Bo's promo being cheesy is a good thing as well, it's his gimmick.

Scott78

Jobber
Reaction score
Only couple comments on show. First of all the amount of advertising on sky about hulk hogan coming back to the uk after 20yrs thought we'd seen much more of him.

Said it before and still dont like Bo Dallas bores me annoys me.

Surprised paige lost but at same time her losing can see a reason to annoy the crowd build up an atmosphere but didnt seem like that happened no one really bothered lol.