Slater & Gabriel = future tag team hall of fame.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Granted both have been involved in the Nexus era & now The Corre era. I see Slater & Gabriel as a strong tag team. I think they got over as far as their talent goes as a tag team. Only if there was a gimmick / storyline to get them over with the crowd as a FACE tag team. I do believe the tag team scene could be saved. With young fresh talent & as FACE could mean a lot to the tag team scene. Instead of taking FACE superstars n pairing them up you'd have 2 young FACE guy's who have been introduced to WWE as a team starting off in faction groups then branching off as an exclusive tag team but this time as a FACE. If played out right this over time could earn the 2 of em a spot in the tag team hall of fame. Does anyone agree that this move could inspire more motivation in the tag team scene?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is too early to speculate if they will make it into the HOF. Yes they are three time tag team champions but they haven't made a real impact yet as a tag team since their title wins have been thanks to the backing of the rest of the stable Nexus/Corre.

I do think that they have a lot of potential as a tag team and I hope that they are kept together as a team for a long time. I see no reason to turn them face yet though. They still have plenty of feuds ahead of them as a heel tag team. Firstly on Smackdown they can wrestle Big Show and Kane who are a face tag team. R-Truth and Johnny Curtis have a tag team title shot from Curtis winning NXT and again they are a face team. Eventually I think that they could work as a face team but I don't want WWE to rush it.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Slater and Gabriel I hate to say it are mainly carried by Gabriel. Gabriel is very good talent, and not saying Slater is bad, but Slater is kind of overshadowed by the high flying Gabriel. Just my opinion. Plus like Troy said they have not been a tag team out of the stable. They have been in a stable the whole time of there careers.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Gabriel is definitely the leading guy in the tag team. Slater is just a bit lucky that he was brought up as part of the group because I don't think he would be able to succeed on his own whereas Gabriel I think would do well as a singles wrestler. As a team they work well together and given time Slater will improve and will stand out a bit more.

Guano

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what to think about Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel, because I really haven't been keeping tabs on them. I have watched them compete in action a few times and they look like a very interesting and solid tag team in the WWE at this moment. I enjoy watching their matches, because they seem to compliment each other fairly well in the ring, but would I consider them a Hall of Fame worthy? Its way to early to tell, because they've only been together for a year or so and haven't really done anything special or noteworthy as a team. I doubt that they will be a Hall of Fame tag team, because they would have to stay together for a majority of their wrestling career and have been known for their tag team abilities. Most of the tag teams in the Hall of Fame are (brothers) known for their tag team abilities/career and somewhat memorable solo careers.

They are talented as a tag team, but I would give it sometime before considering them as a dual induction.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Gabriel is definitely the leading guy in the tag team. Slater is just a bit lucky that he was brought up as part of the group because I don't think he would be able to succeed on his own whereas Gabriel I think would do well as a singles wrestler. As a team they work well together and given time Slater will improve and will stand out a bit more.

Yep Gabriel is the lead man. He has all the talents to be a high level mid card, maybe lower type main eventer, he just needs to work on his microphone skills and he would be great.