Sin Cara...anyone else bored?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Man, when Sin Cara came to the WWE I was looking forward to it so badly, the guy bought something fresh to the lucha libre scene with a younger fresher attitude....however a few months down the line and I'm starting to get tired of him....

Sure the guy has extremely good talent, and I'm not doubting that one bit, so don't even dare say I am.

I was loving his first few weeks, it was something different and WWE really started to make an aura around him. Yet slowly and slowly he started to irk me, the constant botches and not even getting his entrances right just exposed how he wasn't as good as he was made out to be... everyone jumped on his bandwaggon and I don't really know why. It seems people just mark out over people in masks, when DB should be getting a hell of a lot more coverage than Sin Cara. He's going nowhere if he can't even cut a promo, and he just annoys me every time I see him.

Hate me if you want, that's my honest view on an overated talent.

Weez

Reaction score
I think people are Overhyping botches. I haven't seen a botch from the guy in weeks. Granted, he's on Smackdown, and they can edit the shit out of it if they need to, but I think it's a bit early to write him off. Not everyone adjusts as quickly as others and he's working a completely different style of wrestling.

They don't really have too many guys that can actually work HIS style of match, therefore he has to adapt to the style of WWE match. Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio are great examples. if you look at Mysterio in ECW and WCW, his frantic style was crazy. Crazy annoying imo, but that's besides the point. Yes, Rey's knee injuries and muscle mass have something to do with his change of style, but just a bit a factor is having to adapt his style to the WWE wrestling style.

So, I'm not ready to write Sin Cara off yet. I never expected much from him, because honestly, while I respect Lucha Libre, I think it's nearly as overrated as ECW was and is. Give him some time.

What I WISH is that they'd give Sin Cara and Daniel Bryan a ppv match and give them 15 minutes and just tell them "Go Nuts."

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I still like watching him, in all honesty. I've seen some botches here and there, but I'm expecting it. Hes still young, and in a way, adapting to the WWE style. I have given up hope on the kid just yet. I still find myself watching all his matches at the edge of my seat, and I have to say, I like ti very much.

Now, you guys can feel free to hate me for this, but I have not, and am still not a fan of Daniel Bryan. Hes impressed me a few times, but really, I just can't back him. I don't know what it is, but he just hasn't made me a fan.

But to each his own, I guess. You're getting bored of Sin Cara, while I still very much enjoy him, and I have always been bored of Daniel Bryan. Different tastes.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
People seem to be harsh on Bryan, I think it's more his character but I've always backed him in ring though I hate his character. People always seem to cheer masked stars instantly which annoys me. No doubt Cara has talent but his own personal entrance, his own lighting? Really it's over the top and kinda an insult to the guy as WWE are getting him over cheaply. I always think a year in FCW should be mandatory, the best stars have gone through it but WWE rush it because Rey's aparantely nearly done? Oh come on Rey has at least 3 years left on him so why bring Cara up so fast.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I heard eveyone talking about how awesome Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara are. I've never seen anything on WWE programming to warrant this hype. Now I will fully acknowledge that WWE limits peoples ability usually for safety concerns. But Sin Cara is just the same as Rey Mysterio in my eyes nothing more nothing less and Daniel Bryan is basically a Benoit clone sucks on the mic has good technical ability.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've never heard one harsh word about Daniel Bryan ever.

And it's only been a month since he really debuted, there is some wait and see approach to situation like these.

Personally it just looks like you're trying to provoke a reaction, especially with the way that OP ended.

Only thing that needs to happen is getting rid of the mood lighting, I want to watch a match, not feel like I am back in my first dorm smoking weed with the R.A again.

Seak

Reaction score
I have seen every Sin Cara match since he debuted. He hasn't botched NEARLY as much as people make it out to seem. His biggest botches have come from his opponents messing up. First was when he went for the top rope C4 on Primo......and Primo fell. Second was when he went for his armbar submission finish on Chavo, and Chavo couldn't hold him up long enough. Other than those two situations, I can't remember another botch off the top of my head. I'm not saying the guy is perfect, he's far from it, but people are being crazy critical with the guy. He's entertaining and something we haven't seen in a WWE ring in a long time. Rey Mysterio hasn't been able to pull off a match like Sin Cara in a long time (age, injuries, muscle mass) so to say he's just like Rey is ridiculous.

Also, how anyone can talk bad about Daniel Bryan is beyond me. The man has carried out nothing but great matches every time he has been given a chance. His first WWE match, against Jericho, was as close to perfection NXT has ever seen. His matches with Dolph were great. Since he's been moved to Smackdown he carried a rusty as hell (as evident by his PPV match that followed) Chavo to a great match, and he has been gold against both Rhodes and DiBiase.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't watch much of Smackdown so I'm only speaking of what I saw of the two on Raw and of Bryan on NXT.

Bryan was really good in nxt and his match with Jericho was fantastic. But since then his mic skills nothing, he doesn't get much time on the mic and thats obviously because WWE has no confidence in his abilities. Even when he has had the mic he hasn't been as good as other mid level guys Dolph Chavo(at times) but he could make it work for him benoit did. Kid can be a real badass in the ring but will WWE let him do they want to push another man with no mic ability, I doubt it.

I've made an effort to watch all of Sin Caras matches though and I've not seen him do anything in a WWE ring that I haven't seen Rey do in a WWE or WCW ring. As far as his Primo botch they both botched. Primo slipped into a seated position Sin Cara has balance but then intentionally jumps I can only assume he did it to make it look as if a dazed primo countered and if the camera had been a different angle it may have worked. But you can clearly tell that Sin Cara intentionally jumped off the top rope after wrestling primo. Again the WWE has decided to overhype him in a way because we get all the vignettes about him to see him face primo then go on to chavo. Seems to me I've seen a vignette for a jobber. He's wrestling jobbers so he must be a jobber.

Weez

Reaction score
Bryan had a program he ran with The Bella twins there for a while. He held up his end.

This gimmick he's running of having no gimmick except randomly smirking at how stupid this WWE shit is. Benoit was mostly mute for his whole career. The only "decent' mic work he did was when he was this pissed off crazy guy character...Heh Character, eh?

I assume they don't give Bryan that gimmick because A) he already has his finisher and B) they don't want him to murder his family.

But one of these days, the WWE will (Hopefully) flip the gimmick to the super-intensity "Bryan Danielson" style and he'll just be a freaking beast. Maybe the "Sooner or later, everyone taps" will be for him.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I thought about B also and contray to popular belief WWE superstars don't want the snot rocket to comeback. I saw the bella thing I assume your talking about the one that ended with Gail Kim being his gf. He didn't have to do much their but it was decent.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't see why a masked character is out shining DB only a couple of months into his WWE career when bacially he's just the lucha version of Bryan.

BBFalconShot

Reaction score
I'm bored of him because he isn't doing anything. That doesn't shadow the fact that he's still a great talent and fun to watch (despite giving a new meaning to '5 moves of doom').

One thing I'm not crazy on are his in-ring lights when there's a match on. It's alright if it's Sin Cara vs. somebody else, but this past Raw, it was a 6-man tag, and just because Cara was in the match, he had his lights.
If that doesn't scream "I'm better than the rest of you" to everybody else in that match, I don't know what does.

I was talking to one of my friends about it over Facebook whilst watching that Raw, and I said that he'll end up getting abit of heat backstage with the other guys because he's getting somewhat of a special treatment.
It's only a month down the line and if armdrag's and head scissors are all the magnificent Mistico has, then I'd rather watch Todd Grisham try and be a good commentator on NXT.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I for one am not bored of Sin Cara. I still like watching all his matches and like what he has done so far. He just needs to be put in a proper feud and hopefully Averno working with him will create some great matches. People seem to forget that he is completely new to this style of wrestling, he always wrestled the lucha style and didn't have a run in FCW and only had a couple of live event matches before appearing on tv. He is still getting used to the style and that is why Chavo should have feuded with him from the beginning to get him used to the WWE style.

I will say that the lighting should stop, it didn't make sense that it was used during a six man tag team match. Singles matches it made sense but for the six man tag it doesn't work. I think that they can stop the lighting from now on.

Sin Cara has been able to connect with the fans and is one of the most over stars on Smackdown, plus his merchandise seems to be selling well so he is doing something right and is making WWE money that way.

Seak

Reaction score
I have to agree with everyone about the lights. If it fit his character better (like when Kane originally started and the arena lights stayed red for his matches) I'd get it, but his character is only that of a faceless Mexican. At least that's how I understand it, he came from a really poor area and wrestles faceless as an homage to his fellow poor Mexicans. Some announcer said that. So what the hell do the lights have to do with that?!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They can't afford lights maybe?

I still think it's far too early to start judging someone only a few months into their WWE career. Lots of wrestlers started out slow, I can make a large list of top names that started out terrible. It's nothing new.