Seth Rollins comments on Jon Moxley and AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
In a recent WWE SummerSlam Conference Call, Seth Rollins had a few things to say about Jon Moxley and AEW

Here is what he had to say in full below.

"I was surprised by it for sure. I knew Ambrose needed some time away from WWE but the thing is, he just loves wrestling, he loves the industry, he just wanted some freedom and do his own thing and that happens, you know? And that happens for everybody and I understand his position and why he wanted to go over there and that’s on him. But, now he’s competition, now he’s the one trying to take dinner off my table so good on him but we’re going to do our best to continue to be the best here at WWE and those guys want to step up to the big leagues to give it a shot? Then by all means, but we’re going to knock them dead just like we do everybody else."

Seth has had quite a few comments over the last month or so about WWE and its competitors, he made various comments to New Japans Will Ospreay a few weeks back where he said WWE was "The best wrestling on the planet, period." and went on to say find anyone as good as him who does what he does at the level he does it. Ospreay simply repleid with "Im Alive" and the two continued onward, Seth called him a "Little guy" and even brought up their bank accounts, ofcourse in the end Seth Rollins did apoligize to Will Ospreay over the remarks

Seths comment to Moxley about taking dinner off his table is strange and enitrely inaccurate when you consider everyone in the company gets paid even more now thanks to Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley leaving, so if anything Moxley is helping Seth rather then hurting him as Seth suggests. Now obviously one has to assume what Seth meant was Moxley is the enemy and they are trying to defeat WWE therefor taking food off seths table metaphoricly speaking. But even then thats still incurrect since AEW has said countless times that they are just a alternative, and Chris Jericho has said many times aswell as Jim Rooss that AEW cant beat WWE, WWE isnt going anywhere, that they "Know their place" as Jericho said in a recent interview. So even from that angle Seths comment doesnt make any sense. Atleast in the ense of Moxley taking dinner off seths table.

He then went on to say if AEW wants to "Step up to the big leagues" that WWE would "Knock them dead, just like we do everyone else" Which again is strange when you consider AEW isnt competiton, atleast not in their eyes, but clearly in WWEs eyes they are, we will have to wait and see how this whole thing unfolds.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Seth is dumb af, he doesn't help himself.
He is just getting heat for himself from the hardcore wrestling fans who actually want to see some competition in the wrestling world.
I just don't like the way he is handling these questions.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
What he said wasn't even bad. Hes literally the only one in wwe that is adding to the rivalry and giving aew a spotlight. Hardcore fand that arr getting pissed at him are dumb. I advocate him contributing to the aew vs wwe fire.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

Remember when Seth had the Intercontinental title
& was putting on great matches at every RAW & Pay
Per View?

I do.

I'm actually really disappointed about this entire
situation because for the last couple of years I've
been gunning for Seth to be 'The Guy" but now he
just won't shut his fucking mouth.

So out of the Shield you have a guy who can't talk,
a guy who talks too much & a guy who realized
how bad the WWE is & left.

Wonderful...

Hey WWE...how about you push Ricochet as your
#1 Guy & Superhero? I mean he at least has the
Superhero part down.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
If thats how he feels then im cool with hin speaking his mind and getting some heat. I think all the wrestlers should be using media to shoot on other wrestlers and bury them if thats how they feel. As a fan, that's what I want to see.

When everyone is too nice and respectful and open about the business to the media, that kind of kills wrestling for me. Thats why I love Brock Lesnar so much because hes a the point where he doesnt have to do media, but you know he has heat with the entire locker room. So when he has a match, it feels real, it feels like a fight.

I think we as wrestling fans like that behind the curtain drama.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's 2019. Here in the US we have a president that proves the worst kind of attention you can draw for yourself is no attention at all. Seth Rollins keeps making news and drawing attention to himself.

How many years has WWE had a top guy they did everything to get heat on, and spun it with "Yeah but if you arent paying to watch Cena/Reigns win, you'll pay to see them lose". Rollins is failing badly as champ (through no fault of his own), may as well encourage him to get as much heat with modern wrestling fans as possible now, right?

He's probably making plenty of money for these interviews now lol

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Right after they offered so many guys different deals

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Nobody is trying to take food off your goddamn table.. Relax there Seth.
Your taking it literally. Forgetting that this is a professional wrestler speaking. They way fans have been reacting to this is pathetic. Stop trying to paint seth as a bad guy he is just playing the game

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Your taking it literally. Forgetting that this is a professional wrestler speaking. They way fans have been reacting to this is pathetic. Stop trying to paint seth as a bad guy he is just playing the game
Can you explain to me what "Game" he is playing?

Because if its being a smug & entitled bell end then
he's going to win for sure.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Can you explain to me what "Game" he is playing?

Because if its being a smug & entitled bell end then
he's going to win for sure.
Hes playing hes part in the aew vs wwe pantomime.