Ryback - New Paul Heyman Guy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
*SPOILERS* If you have yet to see Night of Champions and don't want to be spoiled then please look away now*SPOILERS*​

Tonight on PPV CM Punk faced Curtis Axel & Paul Heyman in an elimination handicap match. The match started off as a one on one between Punk and Axel and eventually Punk managed to defeat him and eliminate him from the match. Punk then took out all his frustrations on Heyman by handcuffing his arms behind his back and attacking him with a kendo stick. Heyman was helpless in that situation and was going to lose but then a surprise figure appeared from the shadows to save him.

PunkAxel4.jpg

Ryback speared Punk through a table and then placed Heyman on top of Punk for the three count and victory. Ryback then carried Heyman to the back and it is clear that we now have a new Paul Heyman Guy.

NOC13_Photo_247.jpg

In my opinion it is a good choice. Ryback was so hot last year and wasn't out of place in WWE title matches, his heel turn completely messed up his momentum and ever since then it has been downhill. He needs something different to help make him stand out and aligning him with Heyman is an excellent choice. He isn't the strongest talker either so allowing Heyman to do all his talking aside from a few catchphrases is a smart idea.

There was talk a couple of months back that Heyman would be getting a new addition to his group since Punk had left and Lesnar won't be around until the Road to WM. Are you happy with this choice or would you have preffered someone else in the role? Do you even think that Heyman needs another guy since he still has Axel to work with?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I am glad Ryback was chosen as the new Heyman guy. This is a good way to reinvent him and build him back strongly once again.

It will be interesting to see another Ryback/Punk feud; with roles reversed I see Ryback winning some matches over Punk.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I'm actually happy for this choice. I always thought that Ryback deserved to be in an angle that actually makes him look good, and being Heyman's new Guy will certainly do that job! Really can't think of anyone that'll fit better for the role atm, unless if they bring up someone from NXT (which I don't watch). Hopefully this will lead to new angles with the group, and already setting the pavement for Punk/Ryback at Battlegrounds. May be a questionable match but I feel that with the right buildup it can be a good bout.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I'm actually happy for this choice. I always thought that Ryback deserved to be in an angle that actually makes him look good, and being Heyman's new Guy will certainly do that job! Really can't think of anyone that'll fit better for the role atm, unless if they bring up someone from NXT (which I don't watch). Hopefully this will lead to new angles with the group, and already setting the pavement for Punk/Ryback at Battlegrounds. May be a questionable match but I feel that with the right buildup it can be a good bout.

This is the right choice to help him become relevant again and gradually move him back up the card. If they wanted someone from NXT Paige would have worked since she is the anti diva. Punk and Ryback worked well together last year on PPV and I am sure they will be able to put on a good match at Battlegrounds if they are booked.

Fairly obvious that he wants the love that heyman is always talking to punk about

It is such a great photo I had to include it in this thread as well as the RAW thread.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
This was the highlight of NOC for me. I mean I knew there would be an interference but I just overlooked Ryback. I thought they would include him in Triple H's little stable thing that they got going on but I think Heyman will be VERY useful for Ryback. Even though he tends to be a little careless in the ring at times (FOR EXAMPLE: When he speared Punk into the table, I think he did it at the wrong part of the table or something because Ryback laid there for a few seconds with a look of pain and Punk had a bad looking cut on his back) Heyman could be Rybacks ticket back to the top. Plus a reversed Ryback vs Punk feud would be pretty cool.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its the perfect fit really, it gives Ryback's new character proper focus and a good foe like Punk to play off, also Heyman can help as his mouthpiece to cover up some of his lack of personality. A big, powerful guy is a good fit to do Heyman's bidding too.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Good idea, not keen at all on another Punk feud for him though.

Axel should hand over the IC title to him (Jeff Jarrett/Mark Henry style) and announce his immediate resignation from wrestling, then Ryback should squash all the indy trash on the way to the world title, or facing Taker at Mania.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good idea, not keen at all on another Punk feud for him though.

Axel should hand over the IC title to him (Jeff Jarrett/Mark Henry style) and announce his immediate resignation from wrestling, then Ryback should squash all the indy trash on the way to the world title, or facing Taker at Mania.

They have to go through with the Punk feud but I don't want them to drag it out either, want to see something different with Ryback.

I do wonder what this means for Axel, he has been paired with Heyman for a bit now and he still lacks any personality. He hasn't come out of his shell at all and I don't know where he goes from here. The IC title seems about his level. Ryback on the other hand Heyman could take back into the WWE title scene.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not sure how this all fits with Ryback getting screwed over by Heyman and the Shield last year. But I guess I can look past that and hope for Ryback to beat down CM Punk for weeks until the PPV.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I guess at that stage Ryback was on top and going for the WWE title. Now that he has dropped down the ladder and has realised that he needs to change his way that he has gone to Heyman to progress his career again. He knows that Heyman can take him back to the top and he can get revenge on Punk again as well.

They have gone early by booking him against Punk immediately at Battleground. I get that it is the next guy for Punk to deal with from Heyman but wondering how this angle wraps up. Does Punk get through Ryback at Battleground or do we see Axel and Heyman help Ryback go over?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Think Ryback will for sure go over on this C PPV. This has gotta' lead to Punk needing some help, Heyman always has him outnumbered.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It would be a waste if Ryback didn't go over here, Heyman needs to show that he will continue to get the best of Punk. Who will be the one to help Punk though? Everyone else seems to be busy with the Bryan angle and helping him there.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't really mind Ryback, he's neither here nor there for me but I'm still unmoved on the alliance with Heyman. On one hand I think it will be good for him and will give him a proper direction that he seems to have lacked for a few months now, but then on the otherhand I just wonder if he'll ever become a success while he has the Goldberg stigma and chants attached to him.

Have they even given an actual reason as to why he's a Paul Heyman guy other than he saved him and doesn't like bullies?

Personally if they wanted to go with a muscle option, I think they should have gone with Big E or if they wanted to go outside of the company then Matt Morgan.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ryback went to the guy who kept him from a title last year. What's the stretch of them uniting for a common cause?