Rate Stars Of X 15-09-2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
What did you think of Stars Of X this week. (Sorry it was posted so early, this is due to not being able to post Saturday)

Post your opinion of each segment and then an overall rating. Props to Dat Kid From Jersey who does this each week

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The opening match was very good match. I noticed that Razor's mask was left out of his entrance but that is a minor error. Match itself was very well written with a lot of action. Also fun to see that some new blood will be coming in soon.

The second match was a typical Hans squash. He always looks impressive but I wish that Felix would have gotten a chance to continue his feud with Ronnie Williams. Backstager with Saturn and Spike was also nice, good way to build their feud.

Baba vs Buster was good but I saw a small error with one of the entrances, easily fixed. Baba and Silva look like a very impressive tag team.

Ryo and Hernandez was easily the match of the night. Looking forward to seeing who walks out of this series the winner.

Last segment was a bit slow and didn't really push the feud since it ended abruptly. Also Wesley seems to really lack a distinct character. He seems to only be a Mr. Perfect homage at the moment.

Over all good show. 7out of ten

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm doing this rating as I read it, so everything is fresh in my mind.

Spike vs Razor:
From the beginning commentary did a good job of filling in the more oblivious reader. One thing I will point out is that I felt that the commentators weren't really into the match enough. It's fine to talk about other things, but since it's not like I'm watching this it takes away from the match. I would suggest that maybe a commentator could make some sort of reference to the match while talking about other things. One exciting part where Razor kips up and delivers a spinning kick to Spike was completely ignored by both commentators as they talked about the upcoming Breakdown ppv. I'm not discouraging discussion about the ppv and I think that it's great that's it's done, but it has to be done in the right spots (tie-ups, set up for moves, simple moves, moments where not much is going on). The match was great, if i were basing the rating on wrestling alone it'd be a 5 out of 5. On a side note it would help if the crowd got more involved, just to set some type of atmosphere in the arena.

And who wrote that fine promo at the end :smug: jk

This gets a 4 out of 5 (it had great potential though)

Hans Vs Jack Fenix

This rivalry between Spike & Saturn has peaked my interest. This segment did a good job of fill in, letting me know that both these guys were on Warzone at the same time. I'd like to see this rivalry get more personal. If this rivalry had an angle where it broke Kayfabe & sounded more real (because calling someone a loser just doesn't hold much volume)

Oh one thing i'd like to point out is that there's been some typo's i've noticed. I think it was 2 weeks ago where there was a part of coding that was seen. This week giant was spelled "Gianr". Just small stuff lol.

From the beginning it should have been clarified that Felix was already in the ring. You said that the camera panned so I assumed that he was in the backstage area, then you have him clotheslining Hans out of nowhere.

Overall the match was short, simple, & sweet. The crowd and announcers did a good job of selling it, so it gets a 4 out of 5 because intention for it's use was executed properly. The announcement of the match between Hans and Super Spider really seemed like an "eh". It was predictable, so the announcement wasn't as shocking to me than the "fans". Still looking forward to the match though.

Part 2 of this rating coming 2morrow because NOC is on

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Part Dos :dawg:

Alex Kidd hitting Rose with the Internet championship was great. I wasn't interested in that match until that happened.

I'd like to give props for very detailed descriptions of the wrestler's apparel.

Iron Baba vs Buster Bones

You know what would be cool. For the actual moves and motions during the match, that text could be a different color to kind of distinguish itself from the commentary.

This match was okay, it had it's back and forth going and that's always good. There's not much I can say about it because it felt like an average match. There was no sort of hype besides the commentators who did a good job in this one. Something I would have done would have Baba use his finisher after the match instead of during it if he really wanted to send a message. On a side note it would be useful if when you write the finishing moves of the wrestler you could attach a link for the description of the move.

This match gets a 3 out of 5. It needed some juice.

Ryo Akita vs Hernandez

First I love the idea of a 2 out of 3 series and the last match was good, so I think the right wrestlers were chosen for this.

Good job with commentary on the easing in the Wesley Allen segment. It was done short and not during a moment of high action during the match, perfect....up until there was no comment made about the Whisper in The Wind :downer:

The :hmm: before dos amigos made me chuckle. let's see more of that. Then Josh's awkward commentary followed by a :dafuq: love it :win:

Excellent use of the crossbody roll over. The fact that Ryo has to win this match is adding much angst to this match.

I felt like Hernandez could have done more during the match, but the match was great. It gets a 4 out of 5.

Wesley Allen's show
To sum it up in one word - gold. 5 out of 5. Added much build up to the main event and put over a new wrestler in the process.

Overall show gets a 4 out 5. great job guys