Rate Stars Of X 08-09-2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
Rate Stars Of X Folks, please try and review each segment please rather than an overall rating, feedback is welcome

What was your thoughts on these segments:

Alex Kidd selects an opponent

Butch Bones vs Mike Silva

Luis meets with Smith backstage

Ryo addresses Extreme Rumble

A New Star on Stars Of X

Phreak & Apollo vs Luis Choice of Opponents

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Giving it a 7 out of 10 as a whole. Some minor spelling errors spread throughout but nothing major. Also the backstage or mic only segments felt a bit short and the opener was kind of weak and lacked any heavy conflict in the segment itself.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Alex Kidd selects an opponent

This segment was good. Nice fill in from commentary and the standard heel action from Kidd. Him picking a Warzone superstar got me by surprise even though it was changed by the GM. The addition of being able to pick the match made even better. 4 out of 5 because although it was a good segment there was nothing special about it. Which necessarily isn't needed all the time. For an opener it was perfect.

Butch Bones vs Mike Silva

The Bones vs Silva match was good. It had a good back and forth between the two. Not much to say about it so it gets a 4 out of 5

Luis meets with Smith backstage

This promo was mostly informal. The stipulation to let Luis pick the opponents was a nice touch to counteract last week. Overall it was short and the dialogue was average. 3 out of 5.

Ryo addresses Extreme Rumble

Ryo Akito was so basic face it was funny. Does he have some sort of persona or is he just a humble person. I've never seen two faces go head to head for 3 weeks in a row, so that should be interesting. I would have loved to see how Akita reacted to Hernandez's anouncement instead of jumping straight into the match. Even something as small as a facial expression would have been cool. Also for commentary I feel that the announcement of the upcoming match and the recap of what already happened should have been spaced out more. Give some time to observe the match and then go into what happened earlier. A spot I'd like to point out is the roundhouse kick to Hernandez's back. I think that was called wrong. As far as I know a roundhouse can't be done to a person on the ground. I think the proper name for the kick would've been an axe kick. Hernandez was crawling at the time right? The triple suplex and 360 leg drop was a cool spot. This series of matches will be good to put Ryo over since he's beating a former number one contender.

The Brent Nixon vignette felt like the Wade Barrett promos, but it fufilled it's purpose none the less.

The Pharek & Apollo vs Hans & Wesley match was pretty good. Although there could have been more points where Pharek & Apollo had the advantage, instead of Hans just dominating the match. Unless Hans is in line for a title shot soon, then I'd understand. Also the part with Wesley taking the win was funny. The match overall was good so it gets a 5 out of 5.

The overall card gets a 4 out of 5

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I know, it needs more AIDS :)lol1) i should be in both brands.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Sackfist said:
@[Kim Jong Ill] I'll tag you into explain

@[Mainstream87] Ask and you shall receive:
"He started off fighting professionally at age 19 at Pancrase and fought there for 3 years, fighting 13 times, winning 11 – 8 by knockout and 3 by submission, he lost 2 times, 1 by knockout and 1 by points.

During fall 2008, after impressing in Pancrase, he moved onto StrikeForce, where he fought 7 times – he spent a few months out after serious leg injury – winning 5 out of the 7, 1 by knockout and 4 by submission, his deadly triangle choke. He lost twice, once by knockout and once by a dodgy points decision.

In March 2011, his contract expired with StrikeForce and rumours started flying around that he was going to UFC. Eventually, after dragged out discussions with Dana White the highly rated youngster signed for UFC.

There was much anticipation for his first bout, however, he would never compete in this after an incident with a fan outside of a UFC arena, where he struck a deranged fan who was threatening him for unexplained reasons, the fan then suffered post-traumatic amnesia due to the force Nixon hit him. Brent Nixon was immediately terminated and now has a court case in June 2013 to look forward to."

In other words, the man who is going to save us from Borden.

#AutumnOfNixon #SaveUsBrent #NextChampionOfStars