Rate Smackdown Live! 2/26/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 10/10

• Total voters

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
The show kicked off with a contract signing in the ring. Daniel Bryan, Rowan, Shane McMahon, and Stephanie McMahon were all in the ring. The McMahons started praising and hyping up Kofi Kingston, showing videos of him throughout his career, ending with him pinning Bryan. Kofi and the New Day came out. Kofi cut a promo on how this opportunity came because of the fans, sliding in some comedy while doing so. He sat down to sign the contract.

Before he could, Vince McMahon came out and thanked Kofi for his hard work, but informed him he just wasn’t popular enough for a title match. He brought out someone who was truly, “Box office”, the returning Kevin Owens. He wasn’t bowling or getting ripped off this time, he walked down to the ring with a purpose - and a new sleeve tattoo - and signed the contract. Big E and Woods were furious, but Kingston looked more disappointed than anything.

After the commercial, we cut to Shane and Stephanie talking to Owens. They ask him how long he knew that Vince was going to give him the match, but he brushed that off. He complained that Bryan had a smug smile on his face when learning he would fight Owens, so Owens wanted to team with Kofi against Bryan and Rowan. The two made the match.

We cut to the ring to see the Bar waiting for mystery opponents, when we hear familiar music. Matt Hardy has returned, now with his brother Jeff. He is less crazy, but still does his trademark Woken moves, similar to when he first returned to WWE.

The Bar vs The Hardy Boyz
The two teams had a very back and forth match, the crowd chanting Delete throughout. Seven minutes in, The Bar went for the White Noise/Neckbreaker combo on Matt, but Jeff Hardy caught Cesaro with a Twist of Fate. Matt Hardy then hit Sheamus with a Twist of Fate of his own, tagging in Jeff for a Swanton Bomb.

Winners: The Hardy Boyz - 7:54

After, we see an announcement for Aleister Black and Ricochet vs Rusev and Nakamura. We cut to Aleister Black and Ricochet in the locker room. Lana walks up to them, claiming she wasn’t impressed with the two. She said Ricochet didn’t seem special, and Aleister just looked ordinary. Ricochet claimed he loves when people say that, so that he can see their face when he proves them wrong, while Black claimed that Lana simply fears the unknown and he would make Rusev fade to black.

R-Truth and Carmella then made their entrance, and Tom Phillips informed us it will be an open challenge next.

After the commercial, we got a package for the Honky Tonk Man, officially announcing him into the Hall of Fame.

We come back to R-Truth, who tells us a story of when he was a little boy. He had a hero, a hero who he truly looked up to: John Cena. Since John Cena made the US Open Challenge, he would continue it too… after a dance break. The second the dance break ended, Andrade Almas came out. While walking down to the ring, Rey Mysterio ran out, hit Andrade, and rushed to the ring. The referee tried to force an angry Andrade to the back, and the two challengers looked towards R-Truth. Truth said, in times like this, he asks himself, “What would John Cena do?” Carmella said Cena would take on both men. R-Truth said “Damn, he’s brave.”, and that he was hoping he could tell the two, “No thank you.” He said he wanted to make John Cena proud, and accepted the triple threat.

US CHAMPIONSHIP
R-Truth vs Rey Mysterio vs Andrade Almas

The match mainly focused on Almas and Mysterio trying to counter each other, and in their distractions, they allowed Truth to attack with John Cena moves. In the end, Rey Mysterio caught both men in a double 619, hitting only Almas while Truth slipped away. He got Mysterio with a schoolboy pin.

Winner: R-Truth - 8:33

After the match, Andrade attacked Mysterio. He went for La Sombre, but Mysterio countered it. Almas fled, and the two stared off.

We got a recap of the Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey segment from last night. Charlotte came down to the ring, and talked about Owens replacing Kingston. She said it was a genius move from Vince, just like how he replaced Becky with herself. She then went on about how great she was, dubbing herself the Gold Standard. She played a Rousey promo from November, where she talked about what it was to be a champion. Charlotte claimed she agrees with what Rousey said, but her actions proved that Rousey did not deserve to be champion, and that both Becky and Ronda fear that Charlotte will expose them. She announced that she will be at Raw next week, and she expects them to crown her the new Raw Women’s Champion.

Ricochet and Aleister Black vs Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev
The match focused on Black’s striking and Ricochet’s flying, Nakamura and Rusev depending on distractions to get the upper hand. It was a fair back and forth, about a 60-40, ending when Nakamura had Black down for a Kinsasha. As Nakamura ran towards him, Black caught Shinsuke with a Black Mass.

Winners: Aleister Black and Ricochet - 11:21

After the match, we cut to generic interviewer 17, who was with AJ Styles. AJ congratulated Roman Reigns on going into remission. He then talked about how he’s been lacking lately, but he will dust himself off and prove why Smackdown is the house that AJ Styles built. Randy Orton walked up and said, “The house that AJ what?”

Lacey Evans did a lap.

Roman Reigns package.

Kevin Owens and Kofi Kingston vs Daniel Bryan and Rowan
The match started with Owens and Bryan, both who immediately tagged in their partners. Kofi showed some great talent throughout the match, and Rowan surprising dominated both men throughout. Bryan got Kingston in the LeBell Lock, but Kofi refused to tap and forced a break. This caused him to tag in Owens. Owens and Bryan went back and forth, favoring Owens. He continually attacked Rowan from the apron, who repeatedly tried to get into the ring for revenge, only to be attacked again. Furious, he started tearing the announce table apart, allowing Kingston to take him out for good. Owens got Bryan with a Stone Cold Stunner, pinning the WWE Champion.

Winners: Kevin Owens and Kofi Kingston - 14:33

After the match, Owens looked very pleased with himself while Kingston stood behind him looking annoyed. Then two then began talking off mic. Not sure what they said, but I’m guessing, “When you win, I want my title shot.”

This review brought to you by the Doxo 2020 Campaign - Doxo, the Smackdown of WWEF

Did you watch Smackdown? Yes? No? Rate this weeks episode and leave your thoughts down below!

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Did you watch Smackdown? Yes? No?
No, I did not but I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to ask me.
I see what you did there and I like it.

Reactions: Doxo

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Vince is wildin out, at first I thought he was gonna replace Kofi with Charlotte too lol. But shit, I guess they're keeping Kofi vs Bryan for Mania, which would have been insane to think about only a month ago. Wouldn't mind them turning the Fastlane match into a triple threat though, where Kofi's about to win but Bryan steals it at the last second or something along those lines