Rashad Evans Chimes in on Carlos Condit's Lost Opportunity to Fight Georges St. Pierr

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
GYI0060597670.jpg
There may be no man on the current UFC roster more qualified to talk about losing title shots and missed opportunities than Rashad Evans. We've been watching Evans and multiple champions now deal with injuries and behind the scenes political issues that have delayed his title shot since it was announced he would receive a chance to win back the belt after UFC 114 on May 29, 2010.

So with Carlos Condit losing his shot at Georges St. Pierre's welterweight title to Nick Diaz, the man whose shot it was initially anyway, it only made sense to ask Rashad what he thought of the situation. That's exactly what ESPN did:

"You have to understand that the UFC is a business, and it is about putting together the fights people want to see. At the time it made sense for Carlos Condit to step up for the fight, but the reality of the situation was the real fight was Nick Diaz v Georges St-Pierre. So he can't be too upset about that.

"He was the first to be called [to replace Diaz] so he should know exactly where he is. So he should be thinking, 'OK, they thought enough of me to call me in that situation. If I win my next fight then I'll definitely be in that situation'."

If I haven't made it clear enough, I'm fully on the side of giving Diaz the title shot. It's the fight that was supposed to happen and it's a bigger fight. Condit got a lucky break being moved into the title shot and an unlucky break with St. Pierre getting injured. The universe balanced itself out and now all Carlos has to do is keep winning and he'll get his shot.

SBN coverage of UFC 137 Results: Penn vs. Diaz