Qatar 2022 - Winter World Cup?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It nows seems inevitable that the 2022 World Cup will be moved to Winter due to it being too hot in the Summer in Qatar. The stadia are all meant to be air conditioned but the issue is with the fans being outside in 50C weather, major health issue. This is going to cause havoc with football leagues all over the world since they have planned for it to be in Summer and it will also impact on other major events such as the Winter Olympics.

This potential change bugs me since when the decision was made to hand it to Qatar they supposedly took the weather into account and didn't see it as an issue. Now they are admitting that they made a mistake but I doubt they will change the venue. When it was announced that Qatar were going to host everyone knew that it was a terrible decision but money gets results.

I like what Frank Lowy, head of Football Federation Australia has done, he has asked FIFA to pay back all the money that we spent on the bid since we bid for a Summer event and now this is going to be a Winter event. Still bitter that we only got the one vote at the time and that a flawed bid in Qatar's could get up and win.

Do you think that the 2022 World Cup will be held in Winter? What impact will that have on major football leagues worldwide?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It will be played in Winter now I am sure as they are not going to change the hosts and this the only possible way around it.

Its far from ideal, but that is the mess they have landed us in. As for England I just think they will bring in a winter break for the season to cover the WC period, not sure about other countries? I know Gemany have one anyway. I do think they should bring in a winter break full time in England, nine months is a long season, and some of teams can play as many as 60 games in a season, then you have Internationals. Think it would improve England's chances too.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Qatar can go get stuffed.

No idea why it even won, sure they've got the money but nobody will turn up because there's literally no tourist attractions there.

But it's stupid it's during winter because that will just really fuck up all the soccer in the countries.

Reaction score
I want Australia to launch an official investigation into corruption and failure in procedure with this whole thing, there is so many shifty issues accompanying it. Listen to majority of British Managers, they are ripping ten rounds out of FiFA because FIFA is a massive joke and just eugh.

Qatar isn't suitable anytime of the year, I would rather see it in an Summer World in December for Australia than December Winter World cup in Qatar tbh.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's a fucking disgrace, but those english hating wankers Platini and Blatter are probably being bribed bucketloads by oil rich sheiks so they do as they are told.