Premier League 2010/2011 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Man United Games:29 Points:60 GD:+33
Arsenal Games:28 Points:57 GD:+30
Man City Games:29 Points:53 GD:+20
Chelsea Games:28 Points:51 GD:+27
Tottenham Games:28 Points:48 GD:+7
Liverpool Games:29 Points:42 GD:+3

Arsenal could snatch the title from under United's noses. United are beginning to fade at the end of the season whilst Arsenal seem to have snuck under the radar. Going to be a very close race for what order the top five finish.

Relegation is very close as well with Wigan looking like the only team that has no chance of making it out of the relegation zone.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Arsenal won't win the title.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to happen. It just won't. They will do what they do every single year and crumble under pressure. They'll draw when they need to win, capitulate when United drop points. They're bottlers.

A couple of weeks back was a perfect example; Chelsea beat United in midweek, and suddenly Arsenal had a chance to get ahead of United (or level on points? I forget?). Arsenal played at home against Sunderland on the next Saturday, and they drew 0-0. Says it all. Luckily for them, we beat United the next day and bailed them out, but they should have made the most of that opportunity.

That's why they won't win the league; United will drop points, but Arsenal will never take advantage.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I have to agree with Dod. I know we have had a shakey few weeks but after a rough patch we usually bounce back well. We will beat Arsenal once again to.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You guys know a lot more than me about the Premier League. Arsenal drew their next match and our now five points behind United with a game in hand.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Personally I would like to see Arsenal win the title, as it would be good for someone other than Utd or Chelsea winning it, and I am a real admirer of what Wenger is doing there, and don't forget they are actually a club making a profit, which is unheard of in this day and age. But yeah have to agree, it has been a flawed season, and Utd have been far from great, but still would expect them to have too much for the Gunners.

In any case I have booked my ticket to see Villa play at Everton next weekend. Went to Goodison, two years ago, love the ground, and that day saw a classic 3-2 win for us, the way things are going I am not confident of a repeat. Everton are inconsistent, but I will go for them to edge this 2-1.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Andy Carroll broke his duck for Liverpool last night and what a way to do it. He scored a hat-trick against Man City to give them a 3-0 win.

As far as I know Torres still hasn't scored for Chelsea so his duck still stands.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Two wins on the bource for Villa, which has not happened often enough this season. For a long time yesterday it just looked like it would be one of those days and we would just have to settle for a draw, but we certainly played much better than last weekend and fully deserved the three points. In the coming weeks I hope to see more of Heskey playing as the target man with either Gabby or Bent with him, the partneship of Gabby and Bent doesn't work for me.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This weekend in the EPL was a bit dull, although yesterday's Liverpool Arsenal match was heated. The FA Cup games were disappointing with Stoke owning Bolton and Man Utd Man City not being as great as I expected it to be. This Wednesday it's Arsenal vs Tottenham in what should be an incredible game. Hopefully Tottenham wins so they become tied with Man City for 4th. I know they will get a draw out of this because they don't lose at White Hart Lane. It should be an exciting end along with the relegation battle. I think it's going to be Wolves, Blackpool, and Blackburn. I think West Ham has too much firepower not to stay up.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I will go for Wolves [sadly], West Ham and Blackpool as my three to go down. It certainly is one of the most exciting relgation battles of recent years.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Smart choices although I really hope West Ham doesn't go down. They have some serious talent on the attack and don't deserve it compared to Blackburn. How about that derby today? North London derby had me on the edge of my seat, it was an incredible game. Walcott's goal shocked me, Van Der Vaart's goal got me going. Then just awful marking on the next two goals, especially Gallas botch on the 3rd one. But wow how about Huddlestone's goal, surely going to be a memorable one for the future. Then Van Der Vaart strikes again on a great penalty, great choice for man of the match. Modric was brilliant, although he should have scored the winner. But when your down 3-1, you take any result. That was game of the year for me, so much great quality it was incredible. Bale got hurt and did nothing so happy to see Tottenham fight on without him. Not sure why Kaboul came on even though I am a huge fan of him. It's just he isn't a good right back and Corluka was playing well. Still two points down from Man City, but still got that game against them. Hopefully Blackburn can steal points away from them on Monday and Spurs can take down West Brom.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah City are so hit and miss right now and getting to the Cup final may destract them. I would still make them favorites, but Spurs have given themselfs a chance which is the main thing, and really you have had another very decent season all things considered.

As for West Ham they shouldn't be in this position, but then it has been down to mismanagement on and off the pitch. Also they relie too much on Scott Parker, so if he is missing they just don't look the same side. It is touch and go for me they might just squeeze by, but it is too close to call. I would like to see Blackburn go down as it was a desgrace how they treated Sam Allendice, when they sacked him they were going strong in 9th, and boy if they went down wouldn't it prove how they dropped the ball, also I don't get their fans. Blackburn are one of the oldest clubs in England [so they don't have the Wigan excuse of being more of a rugby town], are in a hot bed area for Football, and if you look at the last twenty years they have been pretty sucessful and yet Ewood Park is only half full every week! Hope they go down, but I suspect they might stay up just because they are not as bad as some of the others down there, and because their drop has come maybe late enough for them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Tottenham vs. Arsenal game was a fantastic game to watch. Some stunning goals and it should great resolve for Tottenham to come back 3-1. The second goal for Tottenham was stunning. It is great watching games like this where I don't follow either team so I can just enjoy the game and the close contest.

Relegation last season was reasonably easy to predict but this season it is so tough. I change my mind weekly as to who I think will go down. If I had to pick three teams then I would go with Wolverhampton, Wigan and Blackburn.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I think that Blackpool, Wolves and West Ham will go down

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Care to explain the West Brom prediction, they are in excellent form, and are currently in solid mid-table position. I think they are looking too strong, and have gained too many points to be in any real danger now.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian