SummerSlam POLL: WWE SummerSlam Match of the Night

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE SummerSlam: Match of the Night?

• Rusev & Lana vs Andrade Cien Almas & Zelina Vega

• Finn Balor vs Baron Corbin

• Daniel Bryan vs The Miz

• The B Team vs The Revival

• Bludgeon Brothers vs The New Day

• Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak

• Dolph Ziggler vs Seth Rollins

• Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy

• Carmella vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte

• Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey

• Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens

• AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe

• Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

Results are only viewable after voting.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
ssposter.jpg

Vote in the poll above and leave a comment below!
My choice is easy. AJ Styles & Samoa Joe have a long history together, we know what each man can do and I expect a top quality match from them. 5 star potential for sure.

Evil Scotsman

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
drewmcintyre
Favorite Wrestler
dwaynejohnson
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Sports Team
yhoeQgg
Favorite Sports Team
F772IRo
Favorite Sports Team
ebJCdBL
my choice has to be ronda rousey v alexa Bliss

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan vs the Miz. I can't see how any other match comes close. This match has been building for years. You have the best talker in the entire WWE who has actually over the years become a really good wrestler as well. Then you have arguably the best wrestler in WWE (arguably, not definitely so I do don't want a bunch of people bitching that he's not the best). With the emotion from when Bryan was GM and Miz put on arguably the best promos I have seen in years when he criticized Bryan... I can't see any match (maybe Joe and AJ, but I have seen that match a lot) coming close.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think Roman Vs Brock could actually steal the show tbh.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Unholy balls of fire that's a lot of matches. Why did i ever start watching WWE ppvs again? :(

Gonna have to agree with basically everything StarFox said. Ill add that for me at least, Joe vs Styles will be a disappointment because it was done much better 10 or so years ago, many times, while they were both still actually on top of their games, and presumably involved in a better story (though I'll admit I have no clue what's going on storywise with them right now. I'm just assuming it was better in TNA)

Although moment of the night is definitely gonna be Roman finally holding that title high above his head.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Although moment of the night is definitely gonna be Roman finally holding that title high above his head.

I wouldn't say moment of the night (if it happens) but I would say one of the moments of the night. I don't really care about Roman, I think I have made it clear over and over that I don't think he is world championship material or face of the company material. However, I am so sick to death of this stupid fucking Lesnar vs Roman feud and I just want the damn thing to be over.

Maybe that was Vince's plan all along. Make Roman haters so sick of the rumors and feud that they'll be happy when Roman wins because the boring ass thing is finally freaking over.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I'm predicting a Lesnar victory and the feud continues to WrestleMania.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Lesnar is dropping the title. To who? I dunno.

Roman
Braun
Owens

Take your pick.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Lesnar is dropping the title. To who? I dunno.

Roman
Braun
Owens

Take your pick.

I am a big Owens fan and I like Braun, but still, I don't feel like I have a preference even. As long as one of them does it, including Roman, I just want it to be over.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I am a big Owens fan and I like Braun, but still, I don't feel like I have a preference even. As long as one of them does it, including Roman, I just want it to be over.
Brock could retain and get cashed in on the next night.

The good thing about this match is that it's hard to predict

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Brock could retain and get cashed in on the next night.

The good thing about this match is that it's hard to predict

This is rare but we agree on that. There are really a lot of options for this and it's good to have that because every single option, including Lesnar retaining, is a possibility. Wrestling is best when it's unpredictable.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
This is rare but we agree on that. There are really a lot of options for this and it's good to have that because every single option, including Lesnar retaining, is a possibility. Wrestling is best when it's unpredictable.
It would of been even more interesting if this whole Heyman's and Lesnar pretending to break up didn't happen.

Roman going into Summer slam with a moral kunundrum would be good storytelling. Should he accept Heyman's offer, or should he try and slay the beast on his own? But, now we know that Heyman and Brock have just orchanstrated this masterplan, just so Brock can hit one f5 on him a few days before Summer Slam. Makes no sense and it made the previous two weeks of good build mean nothing.

They have botched it. The MITB option still makes it intriguing though.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It would of been even more interesting if this whole Heyman's and Lesnar pretending to break up didn't happen.

Roman going into Summer slam with a moral kunundrum would be good storytelling. Should he accept Heyman's offer, or should he try and slay the beast on his own? But, now we know that Heyman and Brock have just orchanstrated this masterplan, just so Brock can hit one f5 on him a few days before Summer Slam. Makes no sense and it made the previous two weeks of good build mean nothing.

They have botched it. The MITB option still makes it intriguing though.

Agreed. That was a variable they should have left in.