Orton Taking Over Smackdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On the draft tonight the biggest name moving to Smackdown was Mr. 5 o'clock shadow Randy Orton.

Smackdown needed some mainevent strength and needed some more faces after they lost Edge and Undertaker. Orton is the second biggest face on RAW other than Cena so if Cena wasn't moving it was Orton.

Looking at the Smackdown roster the best choice for Orton's first feud is Cody Rhodes. Rhodes feud with Mysterio is over since Mysterio is now on RAW and Orton and Rhodes have history due to Legacy. Would be a great feud for Rhodes to keep him at that level.

Who would you like to see Orton face first?

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Here's what i think. Orton as a face, n Rhodes as a heel....W/ them having some unfinished biz from Legacy. I think Orton will be able to give Rhodes that "Singles" push that WWE has been trying to do. I think they see that the Rey feud wasn't really interesting. How ever taking a mega star face like Orton who plays dirty yet is a face will be able to get Rhodes over as a full on heel w/ big heat. How ever due take not, Ted, Cody n Randy are all on the same show now, what does this mean for smackdown. A reunited (FACE) Legacy vs. The Corre Feud??

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Orton as a face is dull and boring tbh. Do not care for Orton as a face, but right now he is hot for the crowd and you do not want to turn someone that hot just yet. I want Orton as a heel feuding with Christian.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Smackdown has a really strange mainevent scene even after the draft.

Top 5 Faces
Christian
Orton
Kane
Sin Cara
Daniel Bryan

Top 5 Heels
Mark Henry
Cody Rhodes
Sheamus
Wade Barrett
Ezekiel Jackson??

Still not the strongest mainevent but the benefit with Orton is they can easily turn him heel if they need more strong heels. The next couple of months will determine whether he will stay face or will turn. It depends how guys like Sin Cara, Bryan, Rhodes and Barrett go on the show and if they can make the next step.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think the Rhodes push is going fine the way it is, even if he loses to Rey at ER he will still be in avanced position. I agree that Orton needs to be switched back to a heel sooner rather than later. I see this as a good move for him not so much for Smackdown, as he might overshadow many of their up and coming stars.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Rhodes push is going well and I expect him to get the win over Mysterio just to keep that momentum up and to keep him strong as a heel. Rhodes needs the win for Smackdown more than Mysterio needs it on RAW.

I don't think that he will overshadow those guys I just think he is filling that top draw role that Smackdown needs. They had to get a big name to replace those that they lost and Orton is a draw along with Christian. The ratings in the coming weeks will be really interesting to see how the show draws with Orton at the top.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I hope Rhodes and Orton do fued. Though I hate face Orton, the fued makes sense and Orton does well getting people over.

Lucky

Reaction score
Orton moving to Smackdown is gold. I'm a bit confused as to the whole reason for the draft though. The reason the draft was moved up was because of Edge's retirement, so they could get a top face on Smackdown. So they do get that top face on Smackdown, yet in the process, they move the top heel on the brand off of the show?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Other than Rhodes who can he feud with Swagger? I mean not a whole lot of initial options.

Swagger is now on RAW so it reduces the options even more. There really is no-one else other than Rhodes.

Orton moving to Smackdown is gold. I'm a bit confused as to the whole reason for the draft though. The reason the draft was moved up was because of Edge's retirement, so they could get a top face on Smackdown. So they do get that top face on Smackdown, yet in the process, they move the top heel on the brand off of the show?

Yeah it didn't really work overall did it. They gave Smackdown a top face but left them with Mark Henry as the top heel and Rhodes as number two. That is why I think that Orton may be turning heel by the end of the year to feud with Christian.

Lucky

Reaction score
It's possible, but at the same time, I'm not exactly sure that Christian's the type of face that can carry a show. I know Orton is, but the jury's still out on Christian.