Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
How is Liverpool a one man team?

Suarez, Courtinho and Sturridge have been performing really well for that one man team, and it's not like other players haven't been putting in shifts... Big issues is Mignolet and Sktrl.

Newcastle's offside goal was hilarious and kind of dumb, noone could of saved that and I don't see how Gouffran was interfering with play.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Suarez eats up shit teams but cant do nout against the big guns.

He'll prol get a hat trick against Villa though, they are DIRE. Looking to get 32yr old Grant Holt on loan too, whos scored a massive 2 goals in 20 games in the Championship this season :rofl:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Grant Holt and Benteke up front, get ready for that HOOF :banderas:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Oh I see Cork has awoken from his grave, good morning sir I see you've suddenly become a Liverpool fan after hating them for months also.

I didn't know about us going for Holt on loan. First off we don't need anymore strikers there are other areas of the team which need attention, also its the wrong kind of striker we already have at least two target men.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
lol when have I ever been a Liverpool fan, they are nothing to me, not even rivals.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Can always count on Liverpool to let you down when it matters the most :lmao

Villa bossing it.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well guys I am looking at things from a glass half full prospective this week. We would've taken a draw before the game, we played much better than in recent games, Bentake got another goal, and we are currently mid-table which should be our target for the season.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So by all accounts Juan Mata looks set to join United in a £35 / 40m deal. Despite him being great for Chelsea prior to Jose returning, it seems like a great deal getting that amount of money for a player who doesn't fit in with his style / philosophy whatever you want to call it.

For United it's a strange one and somewhat similar to Arsenal signing Ozil in that they are both top quality players and would improve their teams but not the position either team needed to strengthen. Personally I think this deal is a ready made replacement for Rooney who I now reckon leaves at the end of the season. Given the injury problems with Rooney & RVP this season it might not turn out to be that much of a problem them playing Mata behind the striker providing he does sign, but it would be interesting to see all 3 fit and available and to see if they changed the system to accommodate him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Ozil signing was more about making a statement for Arsenal, whereas this one is in a area of the team which truly needs strengthening for Utd. Its a good signing (should it go through), but I think they need more to real solve their issues.

As for Chelsea they have the strength in depth to cover his exit.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't see how it's an area that needs strengthening, they need CM & wingers and Mata is neither really.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well he can play on the wing or in the centre, doesn't have to play behind the striker although that maybe his best position. They do lack some creativity from that part of the field so he is a good buy for that reason.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He'll be a luxury player in the 4-4-2 system which would be pretty fucking dangerous to do really. Do the Arsenal 4-2-3-1 formation and have him rotate with Rooney and Januzaj behind RVP and shit would be pretty damn lethal.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Then have Fellani and Carrick sit in front of the back four? Pretty strong, but they still need to strength the back four...

But what do we know, we're just casual fans 8D

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Big statement made tonight by Liverpool. I can see them getting fourth now even if they can't win the title. Interesting tomorrow, Arsenal looking for a favour from Spurs...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What a fucking game! Look forward to the highlights. If West Brom end up losing this it could be a big moment in their season. Their not safe yet.