NJPW lost its US TV deal because they refused to work with Impact

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Did not want okada and co to be jobbed out again.

I don't think Impact would do that today and when it happened Okada wasn't a known guy compared to today. A whole different Impact today, Impact would love to use that Junior and Tag Team for sure and considering how Impact has done very well pushing such acts the talents for NJPW would of killed it with the Company if it happened. AXS giving them that ultimatum though stupid to me, but I imagine NJPW will find a new home quiet easily to show off their Shows to American audience more.

Reactions: Pop Tatari

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I don't think Impact would do that today and when it happened Okada wasn't a known guy compared to today. A whole different Impact today, Impact would love to use that Junior and Tag Team for sure and considering how Impact has done very well pushing such acts the talents for NJPW would of killed it with the Company if it happened. AXS giving them that ultimatum though stupid to me, but I imagine NJPW will find a new home quiet easily to show off their Shows to American audience more.
I was joking with okada,you are absolutely right he was a no one with no persona but I can see why he and new Japan might be pissed off as i think he lost all his matches. Tanahashi was booked badly.

nickp1991

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
4v9FT90
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
5wv8W7T
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Anthem's handling on the NJPW situation with AXS TV sounds quite petty

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Hotshot
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Kinda shitty, but business is business; why would Anthem want a rival wrestling company on their station (unless they do business with said company). I would've asked the same deal or at least try and do dealing, with compromises, ya know?

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
New Japan doesn't need American TV...

I mean it would be cool but people all over already watch their stuff & prefer it to the likes of WWE ect

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
They still work with ROH to some extent, which has been nothing but controversey and bad publicity for the past year or so, yet they cant work with Impact, which has been improving its product and company for a while now? Not to mention NJPW America could definitely benefit from an American TV deal, in addition to being able to use some Impact talent. I don't understand the logic in this decision on New Japan's part, unless NJPW actually is working low-key with AEW after all.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
How much does this really matter? I bet more people get ww than axs