Next Week's WWE RAW & SmackDown to Air Commercial-Free for First Hour

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
WWE and the USA Network have announced that Monday's Christmas edition of RAW and the December 26th SmackDown will be commercial-free for the first hour. The full announcement is below:

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM WWE AND THE USA NETWORK

STAMFORD, Conn., December 21, 2017 – Celebrate the holidays with WWE as USA Network airs the first hour of both Monday Night Raw® and SmackDown Live® commercial-free this Monday, December 25 at 8/7c and Tuesday, December 26 at 8/7c. This also marks the first time that USA Network will air Raw live on Christmas.

Raw and SmackDown Live are the #1 and #2 longest running weekly episodic programs in U.S. primetime TV history and two of the most-watched, regularly scheduled programs on cable, airing live every Monday and Tuesday nights on USA.

Averaging more viewers than any cable network in primetime, WWE programming is among the most socially active shows on TV, trending on Twitter 52 weeks per year. Raw and SmackDown Live have aired more original episodes than some of the most popular television series of all time, including The Simpsons, Gunsmoke, Lassie and Monday Night Football.

The 25th anniversary of Raw will emanate from Barclays Center and Manhattan Center in New York City on Monday, January 22, 2018, and air live on USA Network at 8/7c. WWE Superstars from both Monday Night Raw and SmackDown® Live will be at Barclays Center, while the event at Manhattan Center, the site of the first episode of Raw in 1993, will feature both WWE Superstars competing, and special appearances by WWE Legends Undertaker®, Shawn Michaels® and Kevin Nash®, amongst others.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Well this is interesting. Not really a great gift for the wrestlers and crew who have to spend time away from their families cause big money Vinny Mac needs to fund a new football league and needs all those extra ducats. I know it isn't just him but the USA network, still. I like blaming him for everything. Merica.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
That's pretty cool I think. It's crazy that they still do a show literally on Christmas day like that.

I'll atleast be recording it, try to catch some live too.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
That's pretty cool I think. It's crazy that they still do a show literally on Christmas day like that.

I'll atleast be recording it, try to catch some live too.
I think this is the first one actually.
The other one's would be taped prior.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ahh ok, It's pretty cool. Kinda shitty for everyone involved though. Have to spend Christmas away from home.