New Halo 4 multiplayer map revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
screenshot_285918.jpg

343 Industries has unveiled a new Halo 4 multiplayer map; Longbow.

The snow-themed arena was built with the purpose of accommodating Halo 4's new and unannounced game modes, the developer revealed on Halo Waypoint.
"From Sidewinder to Containment to Snowbound to Avalanche, Halo has a long multiplayer map history speckled with various virtual snow-filled expanses," the studio wrote. "That history continues into Halo 4 with Longbow.

"Longbow supports both infantry and vehicle play. On foot, players will notice it's mostly a mid-to-long range map with pockets of close range combat in and around the base structures.

"However, there are plenty of vehicles (currently Warthogs, Mongooses, and Ghosts) and routes through the map that will make fans of vehicular combat happy."

Elsewhere in its latest community update, 343 reveals development on the Halo sequel is entering the final stages.

"The Campaign for Halo 4 is playable from start to finish, with some levels being near complete and others still needing some good, old-fashioned elbow grease (in the form of polish and bug bashing).

"The first several weeks of Spartan Ops find themselves in a similar state, as do the ten multiplayer maps that are shipping with the game."

Source: Xbox News: New Halo 4 multiplayer map revealed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Nice name and from that picture, the map looks sick and looks like it'd be a lot of fun playing on with in game combat. I cant wait for Halo 4. I feel like 343 might be able to pull Halo 4 off, but it definitely will not surpass Bungie.

And just looking at it again, the hq pic makes it even more awesome.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
008276.jpg

e32012_halo4_pvp2.jpg

e32012_halo4_pvp3.jpg

halo4longbow03.jpg

20120610_Halo-4_map-longbow_01.jpg

Last edited:

Guano

Reaction score
It's a doesn't look to be that big, but it definitely doesn't look small, which makes me think that it could be one of the maps that will receive a lot of playtime in online. The map looks like we'll be having a lot of playlist options from Team Slayer, 1 Flag CTF, Snipers, and 1 Way Assault. I haven't been following the updates to Halo 4, as much as I probably should, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing Halo 4 and seeing what Halo 4 has to offer over Halo's before it.