NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Fn bulls got the best individual defender in the draft in Malcolm Lee, can't shoot or score on his own, but can harass your ass

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That K.Love deal sounded real serious too. At least thought A.I from Philly would get moved.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I didn't get the Iggy deal for LA. Made more sense if Phil or Shaw was coach and the triangle was kept

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I didn't get the Iggy deal for LA. Made more sense if Phil or Shaw was coach and the triangle was kept
What was the deal? Didn't know of any particular deals with him just kept hearing he'd get dealt for the past few years.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Great pick. That boy can flat out shoot the damn ball. I still remember seeing him in the 3pt shootout.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
What was the deal? Didn't know of any particular deals with him just kept hearing he'd get dealt for the past few years.

Odom and Walton

Iggy made more sense as the first real Pippen to Kobe's Jordan in the triangle but makes no sense in what Mike Brown said he wanted the offense to be. There would be some triangle sets ut more pick and roll according to brown

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Feeling bad for Selby. Went from projected last 1st rounder to bottom second round it looks like

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Mitch might just pull a Kahn and use the next 2 pickson PG's as well in the hope two or at least 1 stick. Trey Johnson also got a camp invite to comeback so who knows

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Odom and Walton

Iggy made more sense as the first real Pippen to Kobe's Jordan in the triangle but makes no sense in what Mike Brown said he wanted the offense to be. There would be some triangle sets ut more pick and roll according to brown
Would suck for them to lose Odom but would have been real nice to have A.I. Still don't know how Walton has a roster spot on that team, lol.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
am I the only one who is very annoyed with this whole how this international player might not come over for a year, for 2 years maybe never. Just seems useless a lot of the time for them to even be drafted yet.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Would suck for them to lose Odom but would have been real nice to have A.I. Still don't know how Walton has a roster spot on that team, lol.

Odom has job safety since out of the three bigs he is the one to not miss a game the past four years and he plays better with either big than Pau and Andrew do together.

Well Luke got paid below MLE money as The clear cut third best player on the team behind Kobe and Lamar. Kobe, Lamar, and Phil all spoke out about re-signing him and he was coming off a year where he averaged 11, 5, and. As a starter. The team was under 500 without him for 2 years and over with him starting at sf, and he even led the league in 3pt percentage before he hurt his ankle in January of 2007. Injuries and the Walton genes caught up to him, see the bad back and feet that all his brothers and sister who don't even play also have. Last times he was useful was versus Denver in 2008 where he basically canceled out Carmelo for the team and in 09 where he was the onl bench help beside Odom

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
am I the only one who is very annoyed with this whole how this international player might not come over for a year, for 2 years maybe never. Just seems useless a lot of the time for them to even be drafted yet.

Makes sense actually. The fact is kids have buyouts if you want them now. If you want to wait, you get to have em develop on someone else's dime.

The same could be said for any American kid as well if we had a league like the ABA still or the globetrotters/and 1/ball up paid well enough for them to decide to wait to come into the league while another team has their rights.

I see taking a foreign player as the same as drafting a guy who you feel won't play quickly but plan on sending to th d league for two years

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Orlando drafted Fran Vazquez (Best C in Europe) 11th overall in '05 draft over guys like Granger and Lee and hasn't and won't come over, so I agree. He was a free agent this summer, but just re-signed the other day in Europe.