NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Hedo Turkoglu is quoted as saying "my knee is killing me and I might need to get it checked out" which spells trouble for Orlando.

Also the NBA Today podcast really got into why Gilbert hasn't fit yet in Orlando. They were talking about how Gilbert kept talking about its "me versus Wade" and "me vs Rondo" which led to their point that he just doesn't get what it means to play on a contender yet and is still caught into individual matchups.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304

The Denver Nuggets have had preliminary discussions with the Los Angeles Lakers on a Carmelo Anthony trade, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Tuesday.

The Lakers' package would be built around center Andrew Bynum. Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and isn't particularly interested in Lamar Odom either, sources said. A straight-up deal of Bynum for Anthony works financially, but there could be other players involved since Denver would look to shed more salary if possible.
Sources described the talks as in their infancy, and a three-way deal between the Knicks, Nuggets and Wolves is very much alive. In fact, Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan has had direct negotiations with Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, according to the New York Daily News, indicating that talks have become more serious.

One stumbling block to a Nuggets-Knicks deal, however, is the health of New York forward Wilson Chandler. The Daily News reported Tuesday that he is experiencing discomfort in his surgically repaired left ankle. He has been mentioned as a key component in any deal.

Bynum is averaging 11.3 points and 7.4 rebounds per game in 27 games this season as he works his way back from injury. In five full seasons with Los Angeles, Bynum has averaged only 56 games per season due to injuries.

Anthony is coming off a 50-point, 11-rebound outing Monday, but the Nuggets lost to the Rockets.
Do It, but make them take Bynum, Shannon, and Luke for Melo and Birdman. :drool:

Video at the link

Baller

Reaction score

Melo is not what the Lakers need. I hope they do that, and I will laugh when that team loses in the 2nd round. You guys are better off without Melo.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Melo is not what the Lakers need. I hope they do that, and I will laugh when that team loses in the 2nd round. You guys are better off without Melo.

According to reports Melo and a big for Drew/Carcter(nuggets offered 3mil for him @ the draft)/something else is the 1st option and Artest for Jackson/Wallace is the 2nd.

Mitch will do some haggling as he Kobe/Phil are apparently behind Melo in LA (enough so that Phil wouldn't retire) and Phil is behind getting Ron out

The problem with the Artest deal is that he threatened to act like Artest if he got moved to the Bobcats of all teams according to Bucher, Stephen A, and Broussard

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

k1qa38.jpg

Baller

Reaction score

miami-heat-big-3.jpeg

Oh wait, were in fantasy land. My bad.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Like I said before if Melo is with L.A with Kobe then I feel sorry for any other player on that team who even wants to think about getting a shot.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Like I said before if Melo is with L.A with Kobe then I feel sorry for any other player on that team who even wants to think about getting a shot.
Kobe only takes 18 shots a night and has been since December, Pau's most attempts per game in his career was 14 in Memphis with Hubie, and Kobe has been begging Pau to be a 20 shot guy like Shaq according to reports. Melo will have no problem getting up 20 shots and taking away from the attempts of a Shannon Brown who gets up 7-10 a night in 17 minutes. Let me ask you this though, could you imagine two pure scorers (Wade and Lebron are slashers) harder to check?

I will say that Mitch was the man though for at least getting Jordan to agree to his choice of Stephen Jackson or Gerald Wallace for Artest and his second rounders. It is just too bad that Ron told Jordan he doesn't want to play there and he would make a scene.

If LA swings a deal for Melo, Ron or the TPE is moved for a big immediately imo.

Looks like he put on a few pounds.
In n' Out will do that to you. Those 3x3's with jungle style fries are the shit

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I mean obviously they will be hard as hell to guard I just can see a conflict happening. Kobe can have games where he doesn't take tons of shots but everyone knows how Kobe can go into Kobe ball mode and put up like 25 shots. So it'll be interesting to see how Melo reacts to being the 2nd scoring option for the 1st time in a long time and Kobe dealing with somebody who demands the ball as much as him since he was teamed with Shaq.

But anyways though they are saying they aren't that interested in getting Odom I ultimately see him being apart of the deal in some way.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

LA wouldn't give up Odom. His play level is too high and deal is too good. Denver would be sending back Nene at least to get him back. You are right about the attack mode games, but Phil was just quoted as saying he wanted to see nights where Kobe and Pau would pull a Kobe and Shaq by both going for 27-30+ a night, in reference to Pau not being selfish and taking shots. You tell Melo that and he will get shots up and we all know it.

I was shocked to hear them say that sources say Phil would stay on past this year to coach Melo, so that may be a driving force in all this as well.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Heard about that as well (Phil staying if Melo came) way they were talking on ESPN though was sounding like Melo is gonna be brought in partially to make up for when Kobe retires, lol. I know the man is banged up but I don't see him retiring till he is like 39 or something if he is in good enough shape.

SAL

Reaction score

If I gave a shit about the Knicks, I'd pray for L.A. to make this trade. LOL, cmon. Oh no...we have to wait for Chris Paul or Dwight Howard in 2012!

As for L.A...Kobe and Melo. LOL. That is all.

SAL

Reaction score

Hey guys, is Kevin Love enough of a winner for the all-star game yet? How many more wins until you're satisfied that he's a winner?