NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Blake shouldn't be in at all either if Love isn't in as Z-bo and Aldrdge are actually winning by carrying their teams and putting up numbers, but I get that Blake is the more loved player and that he is still winning more than Love whose team is on par with the Cavs who everyone ridicules.

PSYCH, nobody fucking cares about Odom. If 21 and 15 doesn't get you in the game, 15 and 10 shouldn't either.
Having the better percentages, efficency, defensive rating, impact, winning, and being the better fourth quarter player matters. Like I said, I would like for him to be placed in over Pau because Pau himself has said he has been better this year, but I do not think he should be the add in over Parker who deserves to be rewarded or even Aldridge/Zach who have carried their squads to a winning record.

@ Sal - Face facts the western coaches vote and have said that they factor winning in when making their selection over the years so Parker should be there or if you are taking a big Z-bo/LA should be there. Point blank, you might not like the system but that is how it is. One of those 3 or Odom will be the add in. Love just has nothing besides his numbers, which I admit are great to justify him being there and being an all star; history, the way the all stars are selected not voted in but actually selceted in that conference, opposing talent at the position he plays, and his record hurt him.

SAL

Reaction score

You can't make a "should" argument based on what a bunch of people have wrongly done for a long time.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

You also can't make an exception and penalize guys who are also putting up great numbers, are comparably efficient, defending much better, and winning while doing so either for the man on the second worst team in the league.

SAL

Reaction score

But the question is, why not? You haven't answered that, other than to say "well that's the way it's always been, so, NAHNAHNAHNAHNAH." And it would ring hollow even if you didn't root for a winning team, but that doesn't help you.

shutupchico

Reaction score

the 4 celts who got in deserved it, fuck everyone else anyway.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I'm not saying Love's play isn't deserving of being recognized. I'm saying with the way things are set up and the coaches out west vote he has no viable means of making it. Odom, Pau, Duncan, Aldridge, Randolph, Dirk, and Griffin are all listed as playing the same position on the ballot. They are all more effienent players this year, all have better defensive impacts, and are all helping their teams win more. If Blake and Love were on teams with similar records, like they were originally going to be before the Clips went on their giant killing spree, Love would have likely gotten the nod off sheer number value alone. The problem is that those two have a gap in their records now as well so critics will look at Minny and question Love's actual impact on winning despite having the healthier roster most of the year outside of Flynn.

Is the system that the western coaches have in place skewed? Yes. Is that almost necessary because of the fact the western conference has such better competition top to bottom? Sort of. The MVP argument is very similar when the best guy from the best team gets picked (Nash twice, Dirk) and so on over the better player.

Let me ask you this, if you make an exception for Love would you also make one for Monta Ellis or Steve Nash?

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

If Mike Miller took Turk out for a while, I'm going to fucking kill him.

Baller

Reaction score

Love deserved to make that team. You can't penalize him for being on a bad team. /argument

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

You also can't make a legitimate argument of penalizing others. This is why they should just up the number of slots to 15

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I don't really agree with the whole if you're on a losing team it takes you out of it. Being on a bad team doesn't automatically mean someone is gonna have all star numbers because Cleveland is the perfect example of that. Last I checked making the all star team wasn't a team accomplishment.

Baller

Reaction score

Thank you PHX. A man with sense.

SAL

Reaction score

You also can't make a legitimate argument of penalizing others. This is why they should just up the number of slots to 15

It's not penalizing others if the player in question is more worthy. The argument (um, obviously) assumes that the player on the bad team is at least as good as the players on good teams. So "penalizing" isn't the right word for it. Argue that Love is worse (and you can, and you can do it well). Don't waste your time arguing that those poor Lakers and Spurs would have to suffer at the hands of someone who dares to play on a bad team.

Also, Carmelo Anthony plays on a team with a winning record. He's a winner!

Baller

Reaction score

And LeBron is dropping 50 tonight

SAL

Reaction score

When Orlando's wing players just get decimated over and over and over again, I can't help but see Dwight's MVP stock just go through the roof. I really think he's my pick this year.

Baller

Reaction score

When Orlando's wing players just get decimated over and over and over again, I can't help but see Dwight's MVP stock just go through the roof. I really think he's my pick this year.

A good pick, but I doubt he wins it.

The top 3 in no order are Rose, LeBron and Durant