NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

After all that shit it's not gonna go down :lol: guess Melo to the Knicks it is.

Proky said

"If you make a mistake in the NBA you can set your team back for 5 to 6 seasons, and me making a deal with them after how they handled things publicly and kept wanting more would be be a mistake. I am moving on."

The Nuggets GM and his ultimatum of "don't make anything public or I'll just send Melo to New York" just got a Soviet Union sized bitch slap :lmao

He's probably just posturing, but regardless I'm curious to see how the next month shakes out. Melo's not coming back to Denver. The Nuggets can't unring this bell. Does some team get him at a big discount this year for a rental, just so the Nuggets can get something back? Maybe Dallas jumps in with something like Butler's expiring, Beaubois, and a pick or two?

The Bulls are an option I think as they offered a Deng and Taj package early this summer, but Denver weren't willing to add JR to any deal with Melo. As of right now they might have to go to Chicago as they don't want to pay Wilson Chandler who is a RFA after the season.

SAL

Reaction score

The thing that pisses me off is that the Knicks are so poorly managed, and they're going to get Melo handed to them.

The Bulls are an option I think as they offered a Deng and Taj package early this summer, but Denver weren't willing to add JR to any deal with Melo. As of right now they might have to go to Chicago as they don't want to pay Wilson Chandler who is a RFA after the season.

From what I recall, Denver insisted on Noah, and the Bulls laughed in their faces. So they're another good candidate for a rental with a decreased offer. It doesn't make any sense for the Nuggets though. I'd rather get nothing back then take Deng's $12M per for 3 more seasons. Wouldn't do much for the rebuilding.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT HUMP GETTING 30+ MINUTES.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

The thing that pisses me off is that the Knicks are so poorly managed, and they're going to get Melo handed to them.

From what I recall, Denver insisted on Noah, and the Bulls laughed in their faces. So they're another good candidate for a rental with a decreased offer. It doesn't make any sense for the Nuggets though. I'd rather get nothing back then take Deng's $12M per for 3 more seasons. Wouldn't do much for the rebuilding.

Yeah it has to rock to be Knicks management right now. If they can get Melo to go with Chandler, Fields, and Felton I would honestly rate them behind Boston and Orlando. (I would say and Chicago but I need to see them fully healthy)

The thing with the Bulls is Deng's deal is still likely cheaper than matching a offer sheet for Wilson Chandler would be. I remember the Noah deal being discussed right before the season starts but I'm talking about before that. If Chicago stole JR and Melo to go with Rose, Noah, and Boozer I think they have the second best team out east easily.

The Rockets could be the dark horse. They have the expiring deals of Yao, Battier, and Jeffries if I'm not mistaken.

:lol: @ Billy King saying he was informing Denver management while Proky was actually doing the press conference. They were getting the kiss my ass treatment in real time :evil:

SAL

Reaction score

Yeah, but for a rental? If the Nets (reportedly) had problem talking Melo into an extension, why would he want to go to Houston? Denver should still demand a young cheap talent and a pick or two for Melo.

I am enjoying looking for possible rental spots. How about the Jazz? Kirilenko's expiring, and, um, I don't know.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Utah is in the same division so I doubt it, even though Melo would have what he wants which is a very good PG and big man.

Houston would have all the rentals in the world. They were a second round team that went to a game 7 with Ron Artest as their best player so I would think they could be that with Melo in his shoes. They would have to move Brooks in a deal and take back Billups as well though in my opinion to even get Melo to think about staying there.

-----

I wouldn't be shocked to see Murphy for AK with how many question the Nets answered about him on Russian Heritage Night and the fact that they said Murphy has asked to be traded. Murphy would be a good Okur replacement since he is struggling to get back and produce like they are used to him doing.

SAL

Reaction score

Moving on to next year, we won't know what the salary cap looks like, but the Knicks would still have work to do to get far enough under the cap to sign Melo, unless they worked out a sign/trade.

Troy Murphy? For AK? AK is more valuable, and they're both expirings. What's the point for Utah?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I think it all depends on Okur and how he plays. To me Okur is more important than AK because he adds an extra element to Deron's pick and roll game and spread the floor.

The thing with the Knicks is that they will have to deal some guys come free agency to sign Melo. Chandler would be a restricted free agent and a cap hold so there wouldn't be a perfect cap situation like Miami had last summer.

SAL

Reaction score

Bill Simmons said:
Hey Denver: Aminu, Kaman, Minny's 2012 #1 and expirings for Carmelo and the Al Harrington Trade Tax. TOP THAT OFFER! You can't.

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33/status/27871236189069312

Well shit, the Nuggets should jump at this. And Melo should really think about it. Team on the way up, in a big market. And (don't tell Psych) Kobe's only got a couple of years left.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Well last I heard about Melo was that he only wants to sign an extension with either the Nuggets or the Knicks so I guess the idea of him just going ahead and signing a new deal with the Nuggets isn't too farfetched but it's probably his 2nd option to wanting to play for his hometown team.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Melo won't go to the Clippers. I honestly think it would be by far the best talent to play with and though that for LeBron as well, but the shadow of the Lakers and Kobe in Staple Center is just too great (if you ever visit there just look at the ceiling and all around LA Live). If they were in Anaheim I think one of the elite players would have signed there years ago.

Anthony’s agents courting Bulls
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> With trade discussions with the New Jersey Nets having broken off, the representatives for Carmelo Anthony(notes) are engaging the Chicago Bulls with hopes of pushing them into becoming a serious bidder for the Denver Nuggets star, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Anthony has long been enthusiastic about a possible trade to the Bulls, but Denver and Chicago officials had been previously unable to come to terms on a deal. Bulls executives John Paxson and Gar Forman have investigated the possibility of acquiring Anthony, but thus far haven’t been willing to include the one player the Nuggets most covet: center Joakim Noah(notes).

Anthony’s agents are under pressure to make a deal happen for the All-Star forward, who sources said has become an increasingly unhappy client. The Nuggets need to agree on a package with a team in which Anthony’s willing to sign a contract extension. Talks with New Jersey and Anthony’s preferred choice, the New York Knicks, have dragged on since Anthony asked for a trade in August.

Nevertheless, William Wesley – Worldwide Wes – is expected to travel to Chicago for Bulls games on Thursday and Saturday against the Dallas Mavericks and Cleveland Cavaliers, a source said. Wesley unsuccessfully pushed LeBron James(notes) to sign with the Bulls as a free agent, and now has an interest in Anthony ending up there. Wesley represents Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau for CAA.

Despite that Leon Rose is certified as the agent of record for Anthony, everyone in the NBA knows Wesley is responsible for delivering the Nuggets star to CAA and is hands-on when trying to push teams into deals for the agency’s clients.

Chicago has wanted the Nuggets to take forward Luol Deng(notes) as a cornerstone to the deal, but Denver hasn’t been interested in absorbing the three years and $40 million left on his contract after this season. The Nuggets want an array of young players and picks the Bulls will have a difficult time providing. Still, Chicago badly needs another scoring option and Anthony is one of the NBA’s elite offensive players.

Noah is recuperating from wrist surgery and is targeting a late February return. Thibodeau is an immense believer in Noah and values his defensive and rebounding presence in the middle. He’s also considered him an underrated offensive player. The Bulls signed Noah to a five-year, $60 million contract extension in the preseason.

The Knicks continue to talk with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Indiana Pacers about trading Anthony Randolph for a first-round pick to send to Denver as part of a package for Anthony. The Knicks have assurances they can get a pick for Randolph and have been canvassing the league to find another first-rounder that could be used in a deal for Anthony. There are teams willing to sell their picks for $3 million, especially in what’s considered to be an unspectacular draft class this year.

Meanwhile, Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov announced on Wednesday that the team is no longer pursuing Anthony. Prokhorov said he canceled a planned meeting with Anthony for Wednesday because he was tired of how long the negotiations had lasted.

The Nets had been in serious discussions with the Nuggets about a three-team deal also involving the Detroit Pistons.

The key components of the deal would have sent Anthony, Chauncey Billups(notes) and Richard Hamilton(notes) to the Nets, and Devin Harris(notes), Derrick Favors(notes), Anthony Morrow(notes) and draft picks to Denver. The Nuggets were also trying to include Renaldo Balkman(notes) in the deal – and bring back rookie Damion James(notes) – but the Nets had resisted exchanging those players, sources said </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...onybulls011911

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

If all the Bulls really have to give up is Deng and Taj or something for Melo then that is a nice trade for the Bulls assuming they can get him to sign a deal with them. Imo would make them a championship threat.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Bulls have the Bobcats 1st round pick if I'm not mistaken. It would have had great value if Silas had not taken over the team.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Anderson is progressing sooo nicely. Either that, or he just wants to stay out of the doghouse.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Just what Cleveland needs another injury. Jamison seemed to have hurt his knee.