NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Why everytime Blake gets praise for his dunking u start bringing up all these guys. Not like anyone said the man is the greatest dunker of all time or anything.

It's the short term memory bull shit that gets me. Guys act like and say they haven't seen what he does been done before, but it has. People ignore history and act like the kid is some once a generation freak, when there is still a guy in the league who did everything he does now but better when he was his age in Dice. It makes no logical sense that people suddenly can't remember past a couple of months or two years max, especially when most of us were teens when Dice and the other great dunkers were doing their thing and not little kids.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Kobe's was the closest. But he didn't run the break himself, and he didn't jump halfway out of the fucking building. That's the play of the year.

The rest of those must have been frail attempts at humor.

The others were all done in traffic unlike Kobe and Blake who had a poor guy like trapped a deer in headlights one on one in the open court. Those dunks are impressive because they are hard to pull off with congestion, especially Hak's dunk at Syracuse as I still remember it from yeas ago.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

It's the short term memory bull shit that gets me. Guys act like and say they haven't seen what he does been done before, but it has. People ignore history and act like the kid is some once a generation freak, when there is still a guy in the league who did everything he does now but better when he was his age in Dice. It makes no logical sense that people suddenly can't remember past a couple of months or two years max, especially when most of us were teens when Dice and the other great dunkers were doing their thing and not little kids.
Trust me I remember all the great dunkers and players. I didn't just start watching the NBA yesterday been a fan my whole life. Reason Blake is getting his praise is cause this man just came back from a injury that he was out for the whole season with but you wouldn't know by the way he is playing. I don't have to say Blake's dunks are great but not as great as all these dunks in the past 20 years. Yes Kobe did some awesome dunks in his day but he isn't doing them now. Yes Dice did some great dunks in his day but he sure as hell ain't doing them now which is the point.

No he isn't the only athletic freak in the history of the nba and I don't recall anyone saying that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Blake was practicing and traveling with the Clippers at the start of March last year. He had the benefit of trainers and strength and conditioning coaches that no other real rookie had. He played with his team, learned the offense, worked on his body, and everything well before any other rookie. Of course he can pull the shit he is pulling as he has an edge on the competition, which is why I don't honestly see him as a rookie.

Reid

Reaction score

Blake's dunk reminded me of of Dwights Superman dunk from the Dunk Contest a few years ago. mostly having to do with the hand not being on the ball.

SAL

Reaction score

Blake was practicing and traveling with the Clippers at the start of March last year. He had the benefit of trainers and strength and conditioning coaches that no other real rookie had. He played with his team, learned the offense, worked on his body, and everything well before any other rookie. Of course he can pull the shit he is pulling as he has an edge on the competition, which is why I don't honestly see him as a rookie.

I'm tired of saying things like "this is stupid," so from now on I'll just say "this is PSYCH."

This is PSYCH.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

My whole point like flew over your head smh.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I know your point, Blake is the newest flavor of the month. He deserves his praise because you can sell a whole edition of SLAM based on just what he has done this year. His consistency, his intensity, his athleticism, and his ferocity deserve to be complimented and compared to that of other veterans. I do have two problems with people who discuss him though.

1) I am not into the whole thing when guys say that this is new or hasn't been done before to prop him up because we all know that the things he does has been done. It isn't being done now by others, and if people would qualify it as being "this isn't being done now," without ignoring the past and basically belittling and ignoring the guys before him I would be cool.

2) I don't agree with citing his injury and the fact that he missed a whole season to prop him and what he is doing up, when he was cleared to play in March of last year and got to have professional trainers, coaches, scouting reports, and his NBA teammates to play and scrimmage with for two whole months of a season. This guy wasn't Greg Oden who got to play no preseason NBA games, went through no training camp, never practiced with teammates, didn't travel with the team, or have trainers/strength and conditioning guys at his beckon call as a rookie. To me he has an advantage over every rookie in his class because he was an NBA player last year, just like a 2nd round pick who doesn't get to play on a contender is considered a legit NBA player because of the advantages that they are given over kids coming from college, high school, the d league, or overseas. He got the chance to get his body ready for the rigors of the season, be accustomed to the travel schedule, work against NBA players on a daily basis, learn how to scout his opponents, go through camps, play preseason games against NBA opponents, and have his game and faults be fixed somewhat by coached. In my opinion, he should be doing close to what he is doing because his learning curve and opportunities that were given to him far exceed that of everyone in the draft class that just came in. Ignoring those advantages and acting like he is on a level playing field with a Wall, Cousins, and so on is just foolish to me because he isn't.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Nice to see Gil & J-Rich finally feeling comfortable & producing very well.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Earl Clark have anymore good showings since the one he had a few games back?

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

No, but he appears to be playing well tonight. I'm not watching it, though.