Mom upset after school sends son to psych ward

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Rate The Promotion/Brand Day 13

Smackdown scores a much deserved 90 next up the Raw brand.

250px-RAW.jpg

WWE Raw is the Monday night professional wrestling television program for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and is the primary broadcast of the RAW brand. RAW is generally seen as WWE's flagship program over its sister programs, SmackDown! and ECW, due to its longer history and its preference over the other brands.

It currently airs live on USA Network in the United States and in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland on Sky Sports 3. It also currently broadcasts on tape delay in Canada on The Score and Global Quebec, in Australia on FOX8, in Portugal on SIC Radical, in Malaysia on Astro Super Sport, in New Zealand on SKY 1, in India and Pakistan on Ten Sports, in the Philippines on Jack TV and RPN, in Chile on Chilevisión, in Mexico on 52MX, in Peru on ATV, in Romania on TV Sport, in South Korea on XTM, in Spain on SportMania, and on AFN Xtra. Raw is also currently being aired on Etv in South Africa .Occasionally, Raw is aired on same-day tape delay when WWE is on an overseas tour.

9/10 While Raw may not always have great matches like Smackdown it's still the most entertaining.

Wrestling Station

i'll give it 7.5/10 this is because too much lame storylines recently.

Montana

10/10

The show has been running 14 years and has changed the game.

Soulpower

8/10...Not enough wrestling for my tastes, they like to focus on the storyline aspects and every week we start with some long, boring drawn-out segment which pretty much kills the show from the get-go. Props for lasting this long (and outlasting WCW Nitro) but the RAW brand has seen better days.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
9.5/10 helped change the face of pro wrestling and is still goin strong its had the some of the best moments in wwf/e history

v1-power

Reaction score
man it changed the face of entertainment for life 10/10

Reaction score
Raw can be incredible but it is (or at least was) far too much like The Triple H Show for it's own good sometimes. They used to have to have all of the star power too but it looks like things have evened out between Raw and Smackdown on that score. On current showings I'll go with 8.5/10

Kairi

Reaction score
Syndi Dorman has faced a lot, raising two kids while her Army husband spent time overseas. But what happened a few days ago was right up there with her worst nightmare.

"I said, 'Can you do this?' and they're like, 'Yeah,'" said the stunned San Pedro mother. "I'm just like, 'What? Can I get a lawyer? How is this happening?'"

Dorman said what happened to her son could happen to any school-age child and that's why she's speaking out. On Monday, her 6-year-old son Jack was committed to a psychiatric ward against her wishes after he drew a violent drawing at school and wrote that he wanted to die.
"They said they were concerned about a picture he drew. I said he plays video games and it's a picture from a video game."

Dorman said her son suffers from separation anxiety and has seen a​
therapist[URL="http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_11pxw.gif"] [/URL] in the past. On the day he drew the disturbing picture, he was upset that he couldn't stay home with his family.

"I explained to them what was happening, that my husband was being deployed to Iraq, that he was upset when he came to school today, that he wanted to be home."

School officials at Taper Avenue Elementary in San Pedro were so concerned, they called a Los Angeles County psychiatric mobile response team, which determined Jack needed to be committed to a 72-hour psychiatric hold at a local hospital.

"I'm saying, 'I will deal with it, that we have a therapist, we'll make sure he's seen today.' "They said it was out of my hands. They said they were in control and they could do this and had already called an ambulance."
Dorman said the ambulance ride was traumatizing for her son.

"I was trying to reassure him it would be OK and he asked if I'd come back for him, and I said of course I'm going to come back for you."

Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent Ramon Cortines released a statement, saying in part, "When any student indicates a desire to take his or her own life, the LAUSD is required to follow strict protocols to ensure the safety of the student ... The safety of LAUSD students is paramount. We did the right thing here."

Jack was released after 48 hours, but his mother says the experience will have lasting effects.

"My son doesn't want to go back to school. He's afraid they're going to take him away again."

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
6 year old talking about they want to die? Smh

SAL

Reaction score
No, the school doesn't have the power to override the wishes of a parent, unless the parent is unfit. That's outrageous. And this was an outrageous and shortsighted decision.

Reaction score
Actually the school has the power to call in officials to handle with the situation at hand, at least down here they do. Then it's up to the parent and the officials to sort it out.

The kid is 6, writing he wants to die, and drawing violent images. Yup, let's have that slide, right into another potential Columbine.

SAL

Reaction score
The school does have power, and to an extent you can even say they have an obligation, to avoid situations like that, to make decisions in emergency situations. But when they tell a fit parent they've basically taken control of their kid? No, that can't happen. And to use an excuse like "this is another potential Columbine," well they could lock up a lot of kids for any reason if you introduce fear-mongering like that.

shutupchico

Reaction score
the school shouldn't do anything without consulting the mother first.

Reaction score
The school does have power, and to an extent you can even say they have an obligation, to avoid situations like that, to make decisions in emergency situations. But when they tell a fit parent they've basically taken control of their kid? No, that can't happen. And to use an excuse like "this is another potential Columbine," well they could lock up a lot of kids for any reason if you introduce fear-mongering like that.

Okay, I see your point, but the kid is displaying suicidal tendencies, you think the mother can just take him home and it'll all resolve itself? Get it nipped early on to prevent any dramas