Money in the Bank MitB Ladder Match - who will win?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who will win the briefcase?

• KO

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Nakamura

• Styles

• Zayn

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Ziggler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corbin

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
mitbsef.jpg

Kevin Owens vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin
Who can you see winning this one and why? As of now, Nakamura is said to be the favorite.
The only one I can't see winning is Dolph... Like that purpose will a win for him serve?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
How Nakamura does in this will be interesting. He's never worked a ladder match in his life.

If Owens and Zayn recreate the piledriver from on top of a ladder structure (they won't) from Final battle a few years back I would scream.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
This has potential to be match of the year, what a showcase of talent this match is.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Owens: Doesn't need to win, not only is he already a champion but he can easily just pop into the main event
Nakamura: I could see him winning, but he really shouldn't
Styles: Same with Owens
Zayn: My vote to win it, he has the talent, the character, the personality, and the fan suppoort. I think a MitB win would be perfect, and if he pulls a Cena/RVD and announces the match in advance so he can win it the "real way", that'd be perfect
Ziggler: Hahahahahahaha, no
Corbin: Basically the same as Zayn but not as extreme. He's defiantly my second pick, but no, it should be Zayn

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
With no rhyme or reason behind my pick, I'm going with Corbin.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If the title's staying on Jinder, then a babyface like Zayn, Nakamura or Styles will win. But, if Orton regains the title, then Corbin probably wins.

Honestly, Zayn deserves it the most. Styles or Nakamura winning would be great, too. Especially Nakamura. Giving him a big push right off the bat would be a nice surprise.

Reactions: Solidus1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Sami... Kevin.... Do it. Take the fucking fines and do it.

Steen-Generico-gifs-001.gif

We would all mark out for that, that's for sure.

But, you know what else would be just as cool, but is also unlikely to happen? A spot with KO doing a Steenalizer into the turnbuckles or a Steenalizer into a ladder that's placed in the corner.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I see Corbin winning.
Zayn climbing the ladder, with everyone out at ringside, just when he's in the middle of unhooking it, Corbin runs up, throws Sami down the ladder and takes the briefcase. Easy heat.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Going with Baron Corbin. Being Mr. Mone in the Bank will give him some direction. KO and Styles are already made men. Ziggler and Zayn are gonna always be the really talented wrestlers that put guys over for the rest of their career. Shinsuke is at a crossroads right now. He could be a main event worthy talent or a joke, but I don't think Money In the Bank is the way they are gonna go for him.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If history has teached us anything (just take a look at some of the guys that hae won it over the years), I personally find it quite easy to narrow it down to two of the six contestants, those being either Sami Zayn or Baron Corbin.

In all honesty, I've yet to make a decision but won't deny I'm leaning towards Zayn. As I noted in another thread earlier today, it certainly feels WWE are grooming Corbin for it however there's a pretty strong case to be made for Zayn as well and, quite frankly, I do feel Sami is the one that has earned it and should be rewarded with it. Maybe Corbin beating up Zayn in numerous occasions leads to Zayn finally getting one over Baron? Granted, Zayn did get the PPV win but ever since it's been Corbin that seemingly has been getting the upper hand and I guess this is why I'm sort of baffled about the situation.

I'll certainly make my prediction ahead of time but if I were to talk percentages, I'd say Zayn 60% and Corbin 40% or something along those lines anyway...

Edit: Thinking about what happened on Smackdown yesterday and how Mojo Rawley was given an opportunity to earn a spot in the MITB Ladder match via a qualifying match versus Jinder Mahal (which he eventually lost), I'm actually wondering: if WWE are considering a...7th spot and were willing to give Rawley a chance, is it possible that Rusev also gets a chance? Could this be how they set up his return?

Based on that, I may probably have to slightly alter my percentages mentioned above so I'll still go with Zayn a slight favorite at 50% and split an even 25% between Corbin and Rusev...

Last edited:
Reactions: Prince Bálor

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If Nakamura and Styles even acknowledge each other, 10/10.

If Owens and Zayn pull out that ladder spot, 10/10.

If Ziggler, Corbin or Owens doesn't win 10/10.

If someone is kicked from the match and my guy handsome Rusev comes back and wins it all, 11/10.

hahahaha the past tells me it's WWE so I have this big list of amazing things that may happen because it would make the match awesome and NONE of them will