Mick Foley's last Raw?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's been indicated that Foley has not been happy the past few months with WWE, actually he has for a while, but it's now being reported Foley might stop watching Raw after tonight's show unless things don't start shaping up.

Last week, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley took to Facebook to express his continued anger and disappointment with WWE’s product, saying he is, “one of those people on the verge of becoming a former WWE fan.”

The comments caused an intense discussion across the Internet. Ratings are at a 20-year low and things don’t seem to be changing any time soon, but WWE makes a lot of money. Former WWE Champions are threatening to turn their back on the show out of boredom and frustration, but nearly every wrestler competing on the independents wants to end up there. What’s the answer? Is it just different perspectives? Different priorities? An entertainment product changing with the times and leaving the people with old reasons to love it behind?

Tonight’s Raw May Be Mick Foley’s Last As A WWE Fan

Foley also posted a lengthy post to Facebook:
Mick Foley

Now it's no surprise Foley has been disappointed with WWE just like most of us. But Mick Foley not watching Raw anymore isn't like an ordinary WWE fan defecting. It's losing an inspiration, it's losing the man who's title win back in the Attitude Era put WWE over WCW in the war. It's losing the man who let Taker throw him off the cell twice, it's losing the man who put it all the on the line, lost some of his ear in the industry, lost some of his teeth, and is still one of the nicest guys out there. Losing Foley as a WWE fan is a major fan loss and really makes WWE look weak, you lose Foley's support, you'll have others follow him. I've kind of been jumping on that ship too (but I still got a pokemon league showdown to participate in so i'm still sticking around here).

Reactions: Neptune

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good for Foley. Enjoy life and spending time with your family, brother.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
And the Foley carousel into embarrassment just keeps turning.

Most people who get fed up just stop watching, not make an emotional blog about it.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
His blog post was more about "quitting" the WWE. He was talking about the major differences between what was and what is now. I respect him for doing so, especially in an age where WWE erases anyone at will.

Stopspot

Reaction score
His blog post was more about "quitting" the WWE. He was talking about the major differences between what was and what is now. I respect him for doing so, especially in an age where WWE erases anyone at will.
Mick does this roughly once every six months. Once a year minimum.

This is the same man who ranted and rawed about throwing a brick through his plasma screen TV if Bryan did not win the rumble, only to chicken out and buy an old box TV to put a brick through once called on it.

Mick does these cries for attention to attempt to stay relevant. Like when he locked onto the Horsewomen earlier this year.

Mick will watch next week, and the week after that and so on.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Surely the WWE will suffer because of Foley & a few of his followers are quitting, haha. They've got a lot more problems than one of their legends speaking against them. It'd be worse if it was a legend who still has an onscreen presence(I.E Taker) speaking up.

Besides, it's almost December. Foley has to take his Santa obsession and dedicate most of his time to it.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
*Reads Comments* :steiner:yep, why do I even bother with these threads, Foley liked last night's Raw anyway

Stopspot

Reaction score
As he did last time he did this ultimatum.

Good ol' Micker

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If he enjoyed last night's lifeless show, he is out of his freakin' mind.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
No one cares if you stop watching. Just stop watching instead of making it sound like threat.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
He's doing absolutely nothing right now, but people are making it sound like Ziggler's the worst. We have guys like Dean Ambrose and Adam Rose to fill in those shoes.:lady:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I personally think Ryback is the worst.

Fuck "The Big Guy"

Last edited: