• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Madison Rayne Leaving Impact Wrestling

Chris

Dreams are Endless
rayne.jpg

Impact Wrestling color commentator Madison Rayne is done with the company and pro wrestling in general as she is taking a full-time job outside the industry.

Dave Meltzer noted that this was a possibility in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter with PW Insider confirming the news Friday. The 34-year-old has not confirmed the news herself on social media.

There is no news on who will replace Rayne in the commentary booth, but Matt Striker did fill in several weeks ago for an episode. Impact's next original show will be on January 5th as they are airing year in review shows the next two weeks.

After being released from Ring of Honor in 2019, Rayne returned to Impact for the third time as an in-ring competitor and transitioned to the commentary booth alongside husband Josh Mathews earlier this year.

She began her career in the early 2000s with stops with Impact/TNA, SHIMMER, ROH, and even WWE along the way where she worked one match in the 2018 Mae Young Classic, losing to Mercedes Martinez.

Source: f4wonline.com

Not the greatest knockout in history :pour

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Why could it not be Josh who was leaving :francis He's so hard to deal with on commentary. Like, the only thing I enjoyed was anytime Madison would roast him and now that's going to be gone.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Great Year in Review Shows for Impact which I hate so much because to me it kills the momentum for them the past few Years when they do it. Madison to me was at her peak once Gail Kim returned to Impact the first time now she's gone.

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
They should switch things up on commentary anyways. Josh and Madison have very little chemistry together.

MrFlash

They should switch things up on commentary anyways. Josh and Madison have very little chemistry together.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that, weird as aren't they married in real life? Wonder who they'll get in to replace her?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Think the only mildly amusing thing they did was never break kayfabe and admit they where married.

Her making jokes about him paying to request her on cameo had me dying but other than that yeah they were terrible lmao I think Josh just doesn't have chemistry with anyone tbf but I dont think Madison would be that good with anyone better either

MrFlash

Her making jokes about him paying to request her on cameo had me dying but other than that yeah they were terrible lmao I think Josh just doesn't have chemistry with anyone tbf but I dont think Madison would be that good with anyone better either

Yea I caught that one and made me chuckle but yea beside that they add nothing to the show. Yea i don't think ether would do much better with any other person, I'd rather they got rid of both of them (give them different roles else where) and brought in someone who adds energy and a bit of knowledge to the match's, especially with no crowds to add to the atmosphere. Man i miss Mike Tenay and Don West, they had good chemistry imo and where entertaining without taking attention away from the ring.

MrFlash

Seems like both are leaving commentary and being replaced with Matt Striker and D'lo Brown. Thoughts on that people? I've heard Matt Striker was very knowledgeable when it comes to wrestling history but is he any good at making commentary interesting to hear? As for D'lo Brown, it will be interesting to see how he gets on as I don't think he ever done commentary before has he? Glad some one new is getting a shot regardless.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
It's an easy improvement but Striker is more hit and miss for me, the worst he's been was for stuff like early English NJPW commentary and AAA shows where I assume he doesn't have a reliable man in his ear though so I expect him to be fine here. Idk about D Lo but like I said...easy improvement over Josh and Madison :lol