Lockdown is looking pretty sweet

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
I should probably wait for the Official Lockdown Discussion Thread to open, but meh. I'm impatient.

I gotta say, the last few Impacts have made me really excited for Lockdown.

I'm looking at what the card is probably going to be and I think it has potential to be a really good show.

Now the one stinker is Bonaduce vs. Eric Young. I think EY is the best possible candidate because of his ability to work the crowd, but this match shouldn't be happening. Like I've said before, if it looks like you're doing the celebrity a favor, then its probably not worth doing. Now I understand he's a Philly DJ and all that and they are hoping he'll raise ticket sales, but if thats the case, I'd rather have him in EY's corner against Brutus Magnus or something.

We'll get Abyss/Morgan III. I think they could have been added to the Lethal Lockdown teams, but if not, then this is a good match to have to fill out the card.

Now with what they've set up on Impact, I think there is a chance we'll get the most interesting Knockouts Title match in months. Angelina Love is (finally) targeting the champion, & Taylor (who IMO has been consistantly puttting on the best Women's matches in TNA pretty much since Gail left) got a pinfall victory over Kong. So I think there is an interesting set up with possibly the KOs most dominant force defending against the division's greatest heel & its best wrestler. Worst Case Scenario we get Queen of the Cage, which wouldn't be bad, but I would prefer Kong/Taylor/Love in a 3 Way. Either way, I think there is a good chance that Angelina Love will take the gold, and that would be long overdue. The Beautiful People deserve to be the main focus of the KO Division.

Now one thing that I have almost always given TNA props for is their tag division. It was the first thing I noticed about them when I started watching in 2004, and I consistantly find myself greatly interested in whatever tag feud is going on. At Lockdown, I think there is a really good chance of there being two really good tag matches that people will want to see. The first one: Motor City Machine Guns vs. No Limit for the IWGP Jr Tag Titles. I mean you want to make the IWC happy there you go. They mentioned the possibility of the match ALOT on Impact tonight, and I think its pretty safe to say they are going to do it again, and I hope they save it for Lockdown. Hell, there is your opener right there.

The 2nd Tag match is probably the one I'm looking most forward to. Beer Money Inc vs. Team 3D for the TNA & IWGP Tag Titles, winner takes all. Honestly, this is probably the match I'm most excited for. I'm not saying it'll be the best match on the card, but just to have Beer Money involved in a semi main event like this is awesome to see, because Storm & Roode deserve it. I am really hoping they walk out with both tag titles. That would be awesome.

And then you get the two annual traditions of Lockdown: Xscape & Lethal Lockdown. The X Division Xscape will probably have Lethal, Creed, Bashir, Kiyoshi, possibly Homicide & of course the champ Suicide. It'll be a crazy X Division spotfest that will showcase Suicide as he wins his 1st Xscape match as another resume builder for him. It'll be great fun.

Lethal Lockdown is my favorite part of the Lockdown PPV. I'll admit I am NOT a big fan of having an all cage PPV, but if I had it my way and all but one Cage match would go, this is the one I would keep. Its the closest thing we'll get to having War Games back. And this year you'll have The Mafia involved which makes it perfect for a team battle setting, and with guy slike AJ, Joe, Jarrett, & possibly Daniels (here's hoping!) then it could be really good as usual.

Now the Sting/Foley match. Like I've said before, I wish they weren't doing it because I think there are more interesting possibilities to take: Foley vs. Abyss is something they could have set up or maybe Foley vs. Shelley which never happened. And then with Sting there is the rematch with AJ that I want so bad, and Hernandez has a saved title shot so why not let him have the rub? I mean Lethal Lockdown is your main event, with 3D vs. Beer Money being pretty strong too, so having an unknown in a title match wouldn't hinder the show and allow him the chance to shine.

But aside from all of that, the build up promos for this match have been amazing so far, and Foley is such a crazy bastard, I expect him to do something nuts. So the match will be good, and even if it is sub par, I think there is enough on the show to make up for it. Hopefully Lethal Lockdown closes.