Kurt Angle Says WWE Has No Respect For Him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Funny enough he actually talked about getting a reality show. It's for his road to the Olympics I think. But anyways I started laughing when he said don't use moves until someone is retired considering wrestlers never truly retire and the fact that Ken Shamrock didn't retire when he started using it. Luckily he didn't say this on twitter so he can't go back and say someone hacked it to cover up that he's a moron.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Someone should try to get him a reality show. It will get great ratings because he will say something controversial every episode and it will be fun in a train wreck sort of way.

Sounds similar to the Hasselhoff thing they were going to try after

[video=youtube;dkGUI4bnQbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkGUI4bnQbQ[/video]

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Wow ..... This guy is crying about moves that have been used by more then just about 50 people at the moment, I am sick of guys winging about their moves being stolen there is no copyright to the move therefore it can be used by anyone

Zen

Reaction score
I knew about Swagger using the lock, but I didn't realize Orton uses the Angle Slam. In any case, Kurt is wrong, and crazy -- though he has been for quite some time now. I recall when he use to be on all sorts of radio shows for TNA yammering on about how TNA was just on the cusp of beating the WWE and would beat them soon. A good laugh indeed.

As far as this signalling the end of the possibilities of his return to WWE -- that is bullshit. People say all sorts of thing about Vince/WWE when they are away but Vince usually(not always) puts business first and if the money was right, Kurt would definitely return(unless he is dedicated not to returning). I don't know if Kurt will be returning, but this isn't the reason why he won't be returning if he ends up not returning.I personally think it is a case of the "big fish in a small pond"(Kurt in TNA) vs "small fish in a big ocean"(Kurt in WWE) scenario. Kurt is one of the top starts in TNA, he obviously gets paid more than basically anyone and he is treated like a big deal and enjoys a great deal of stardom there. If he returns to the WWE, he might be in the Main Event(he probably would be), but no way is he going to be the big star, THE man in the WWE -- he is too old, and battered, untalented(in comparison to guys like Cena/Punk/Orton -- all of whom are in the absolute peak of their careers and physically) for that. If I remember correctly, TNA matches his WWE salary(I think), if they did, he will probably stay, he gets paid the same but is treated as much bigger deal with a much more relaxed schedule in TNA. Nonetheless, he seems genuinely dedicated to the TNA project and seems to want it to succeed, which is somewhat respectable and refreshing, unlike certain other TNA employees I could mention...*cough* Hogan *cough*

Someone should try to get him a reality show. It will get great ratings because he will say something controversial every episode and it will be fun in a train wreck sort of way.

WWE Network. Nuff said.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think if Vince could hire Eric Bischoff the man who damn near drove him out of business then it's gonna take some major bridge burning for Vince to look at you and say never. Though whatever Savage did that was never truly revealed was an exception. I could see Angle back in WWE one day to have a last match and get into the hall of a fame.

Zen

Reaction score
I think if Vince could hire Eric Bischoff the man who damn near drove him out of business then it's gonna take some major bridge burning for Vince to look at you and say never. Though whatever Savage did that was never truly revealed was an exception. I could see Angle back in WWE one day to have a last match and get into the hall of a fame.

Well there are 2 versions that I have heard of. One of them, of course, is the infamous he banged Steph story, peddled by none other than Dave Meltzer. This is undoubtedly absurd, unsubstantiated nonsense.

The second account, from good authority, is that Vince and Savage were *really* close. They had somewhat of a brotherly relationship, and there were all sorts of plans for Macho to be in the WWF for years to come -- albeit in a limited fashion, Vine was at the time genuinely serious about a youth push and was moving the older guys aside. Macho didn't like that, and he left abruptly for WCW. Although Vince gave him an on-screen farewell, and it was somewhat amicable. Vince was emotionally crushed -- because they were that close. Vince really viewed him as family member. Unlike guys like Hogan, or even say Gene Okerland(who too left for WCW, but apparently was really honest with Vince and left on good terms with Vince and expressed gratitude) and the countless others who left during the Monday Night Wars -- they were all business, Macho, however, was a *personal* affair -- and Vince never quite forgave him for that. Well, he seemed to have reconciled after he died -- something he never would have done, had he actually banged Steph.

I don't know what really happened, but I think the second account is highly plausible.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
^I don't see that being it Hulk Hogan testified against him in front of Congress and their still ok.

Zen

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood. With Hogan and the others who jumped to WCW, it was just a purely business thing. Sure it sort of hit Vince hard, since they were his creations, but at the end of the day it was business and Vince had already by that time stolen dozens of talents from other promotions, so he knew how that felt. With Savage, according to the account I heard, it was a really personal affair.

Mind you, I don't know if it is true, but it seems somewhat plausible.

I just did a google search, and this version definitely seems to be somewhat commonplace now. I am not sure who I heard it from, but it was on one of the podcasts WSW(now defunct), it probably from Lanny Poffo or some other wrestler.

Edit: I just did another google search, it was George "The Animal" Steele, who I had heard the story from: here is his account:

Here George Steele explains why Savage was not invited into the Hall of Fame.

Bold(emphasis mine)

“That’s been said a lot of different ways, and there’s been a lot of different things said that are not true necessarily,” Steele said.

“I think that what happened with Randy, when his career was winding down with the WWF, Vince McMahon just loved Randy. After all everything Randy had done and he took him under his wing, and he wanted Randy after the ring was over with for him, he wanted him to be our spokesperson. He was traveling with Vince all the time. Randy was almost like a son, they were really tight. And then one day, we were at a TV meeting, and we got word that Randy, without calling Vince, had left and jumped to the WCW. I had never seen Vince McMahon broken before, he was crushed. It hurt him big time and I don’t think he ever got over that. I think that’s the real problem to be honest with you.

“I heard all this other stuff that I think is garbage when it comes to Randy and relationships with daughters and all that stuff… I don’t think that’s anywhere’s close to the truth.”

Source:http://www.24wrestling.com/george-steele-why-vince-mcmahon-disliked-randy-savage/

---

Some wrestling sites have a rule that forbids users from posting links to other wrestling websites(since they view it as competition), though I am unuable to find something like on that site. In the event, that this is the case here, please feel free to let me know Mods, and I will gladly remove the link, I just wanted to cite my source. Thanks, and I apologize if this is not allowed.

Last edited: