Jeff Jarrett the AAA Heavyweight Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I have trouble trying to take Jarrett seriously when he was sporting the stupid white suspender suit he was wearing in the early to mid 90s. Also the fact that he wasn't anything more than a blatant Flair ripoff. Buddy Landel style imo.

I don't hate the man, I don't think much of him. I just don't like it when people make him sound like a big deal when in reality, he wasn't. He had one hot feud with Chyna and that was it. He didn't draw flies for WCW and didn't draw anyone for TNA. He was acting like Verne Gagne in TNA, but didn't draw people like Verne did.

TheZig

Reaction score
Im not a huge Jarrett fan, But i also don't disapprove of him being in the spotlight (in moderation). The guy started off with a terrible gimmick of a country singer with that stupid three part spandex which i assume represented guitar strings. He did a good job to evolve from that stage of his career, Obviously he still has the guitar to reference to that.

But on to him becoming AAA heavyweight champion, I can't see many fans in AAA's audience thinking 'great Jeff Jarrrett is the new champ, I can't wait to see him face El Zorro again!'. It just doesn't work and was come about in such a fast manor nobody can invest in the crap. Jarrett wasn't the best choice anyway, Maybe a guy like Van Dam who is virtually doing nothing might have made it interesting with some build to it ofcourse.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
He drew in WWF the first and second time, the first run with the country music gimmick he was red hot, the heat he got for shoving his so called country music skills down the fans throats and then when he was revealed as a fraud, that was even better. The only reason he might have struggled in WCW, was because of Russio's terrible booking, and because of what lost course WCW had become at that stage. But his feud with DDP and the matches themselfs were good, and in TNA he was over exposed, but was still entertaining on the mic, and has had plenty of good matches.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He was never hot in WWF his first run, barely a lukewarm IC champion in 95 and fans were more relieved than anything that Shawn Michaels took the belt from him.

When your biggest angle was just lip synching a shit country tune at a PPV, well thats all I need to say there.

Also, Vince Russo was the reason Jeff got over in the WWF after his disasterous run in WCW. He was all buddy/buddy with Flair and looking to become a member of the Horsemen and nobody bought it. Russo saved his career by making him become a misonynystic asshole who beat up on women.

His feud with Chyna was the only time he was hot and after he bailed to WCW again he didn't draw shit. WCW World Heavyweight champion and didn't do shit. Scott Steiner was a bigger draw than he was. Just shows you what a draw Jarrett was.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But Chyna benefitted more from that feud in WWF than Jarrett did. I don't agree about the country music thing anyway, that is like saying the Honkey Tonk Man never did anything, which is clearly not true.

I blame him for not getting over more in TNA, but the mess in WCW was down to Russio, it wasn't Jarrett's idea to put the world title on him five times in under a year, or whatever it was. Okay he was never cutout to be in the main event full time, but he was still much better than many claim.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Honky Tonk Man was a Rock n Roll Elvis impersonator. But that didn't mean he have one angle going for him about lip synching a concert. No, he was involved in big angles with Macho Man and Jake Roberts. HTM was a hot midcard heel that held a title that used to mean something for two years while Jarrett held it for barely two months. It had nothing to do with county music since I like old country music. I just found that one particular song that was written for Jarrett to be shit.