James Storm

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Is anyone else as pissed off as I am that this guy has never gotten a real main event push. He's certainly paid his dues. Will his well deserved world title run ever happen?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Nah, TNA had their chance during the Roode/Storm feud, but as per fucking usual they botched it. Him not winning the title was understandable as the Aries win was one of the company's biggest moments. However, the lack of follow up after the Street Fight with Roode hurt him a lot.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Nah, TNA had their chance during the Roode/Storm feud, but as per fucking usual they botched it. Him not winning the title was understandable as the Aries win was one of the company's biggest moments. However, the lack of follow up after the Street Fight with Roode hurt him a lot.
Honestly, the decision not to put the belt on Storm at Lockdown was the beginning of the end of my relationship with TNA. Sure I still watched it but in the back of my mind I just didn't enjoy the show as much. I still remember arguing with Brandon while he tried to justify the stupidity of the ending and that they were going to use it to build even more sympathy for Storm and put the belt on him at Slammiversary. Yeah right.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I still remember arguing with Brandon while he tried to justify the stupidity of the ending and that they were going to use it to build even more sympathy for Storm and put the belt on him at Slammiversary. Yeah right.

Tbf, it could have worked. His return at Slammiversary to end Crimson's streak was great and his run in the BFG series seemed set to get him ready for his redemption at BFG.

Then the Aries angle got super over and they were forced to abandon those plans.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Tbf, it could have worked. His return at Slammiversary to end Crimson's streak was great and his run in the BFG series seemed set to get him ready for his redemption at BFG.

Then the Aries angle got super over and they were forced to abandon those plans.

But if they just gave it to him at Lockdown, it'd have made everything simpler

Postman Dave

Reaction score
But if they just gave it to him at Lockdown, it'd have made everything simpler

Oh of course :lol:

But if you have a good angle that you can realistically drag out a bit longer, why not take it?