IMPACT buying Ring Of Honor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
With all the focus on WWE and AEW thus far in 2019, Impact Wrestling and their parent company Anthem Sports and Entertainment appear to have been making their own big moves.

Ealrier this week Anthem had aquired a majority interest in HDnet LLC, which owns Axis TV and HDnet movies, they stated "Anthem will assume opperateing management of the two populer channels, that includes Axis TVs extensive library of owned prgramming that includes wrestling, MMA and entertainment content." That includes Ring of Honors weekly TV archive from their HDnet shows which aired betwee 2009 and 2011.

Most notably two other promotions that also air on Axis is WoW (Women of Wrestling) and none other then New Japen Pro Wrestling. which has both a working relationship with both Impact And ROH.

KingofGeorgia95 on Reddit (Who has a very good track record for Impact Behind The Scenes Scoops) wrote "Anthem has planned this for awhile and was finally able to pull it off, Impact will air on Axis but the date is still not set, i would say it will happen in October though." He said.

This would be huge for Impact, seeing as ever since coming to the Pursuit channel they have lost alot of viewers, but KingofGeorgia95 states that Impacts relationship with Pursuit wont be ending anytime soon, he said. "That relationship will be maintained, with Impact making a new studio based wrestling show for pursuit, to present new wrestlers that will eventually be called up to the main roster" (Which sounds like their own NXT.) but he continues, saying Anthems ambitions go far beyond just a developmental brand.

"The talks are in the very beginning stage, but Sinclaire (Ring Of Honors parent company) is listening and seems interested, if this was to go through, i'd expect Anthem to fold Ring of Honor completely, and place the entire library on the Impact Plus App. Another thing that has been thrown around would be a split type situation, where Impact and ROH are the same company, but ROH are placed on either Axis or Pursuit, (More then likely Axis) as its own show and have Impact guys appear on and off."

Despite KingofGeorgia95s good track record, as always take this with a pinch of salt, Its worth keeping in mind however that this falls in line with Anthem President Lenard Ashs comment on the Axis deal earlier this week. "We believe owning the content and putting it on our channels, but also having it on other peoples platforms aswell, i call that Untethered Vertical intergration."

This would be a huge event in the wrestling world, Impact and ROH combining to fomr a huge new company, while also working with Women of Wrestling and New Japan to create a gigantic alliance of sorts, and that would certainly put them in the mix of WWE vs AEW. But what do you all think? share your thoughts below.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Impact having its own NXT sounds interesting to me at least. Also, not sure, but I don't think New Japan has a partnership with Impact anymore, though if they merge RoH and Impact I would wonder if RoH's partnership will carry over, and if New Japan will honor it as RoH New Japan are in a bit of rocky relationship now. Also, I wouldn't want RoH to fold because they have been around for years and created some of the best wrestlers there are today. Either way, this is interesting and whatever happens, will shake up the Wrestling world.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I just hope this all brings Impact back on the map....
Due to it's abandonment years ago by two jerks in management we haven't heard a lot on Impact in years

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
This sounds good tbh. Impact is gonna rise again. Just imagine how cool it would be them having their WCW/ECW as a conquered promotion, that would put them back on the map for sure. They could be a serious promotion if they would stop relying on ex-WWE stars

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The more high profile, active wrestling federations the better it will be for all fans...
no matter what your personal taste is.

"Competition" & "Alternatives" will force everyone to put their best foot forward
& to produce the best possible content they can.

I like good wrestling...no matter who is serving it up.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I much prefer Ring of Honor over Impact anyways..even though Impact has fucking Ken Shamrock... Neither promotion has any buzz at the moment.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Roh has never been worse in it’s history, true downfall. Time for the disband