Hulk Hogan Comments On Desmond Wolfe's TNA Status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Skadoo92

Reaction score
yea wheres the king of the ring, i really liked it a lot

Reaction score
The King Of The Ring hopefully returns after Wrestlemania and is on all three brands then have a superstar from each brand in a triple threat for the King Of The Ring Crown. It has not been done befiore and could be great if say it was Booker vs CM Punk vs Edge. Last years King Of The Ring was not the greatest it was great to see Booker win but the competition was not much, Benoit, Orton and Booker were great for the tournament. Angle got injured which cost the tournament a fair bit of competition hopefully this year there can be a bigger better King Of The Ring with more rounds and all three brands to compete in it would be good.

trilogy

Reaction score
ok as long as its all barnds but i doubt we will get it this year

Markz

Reaction score
KOTR Became boring, look at it's last PPV in which Brock Lesnsar won it, other than the Triple H match that PPV was so damn boring.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Hulk Hogan addressed Desmond Wolfe's status with TNA Wrestling Friday on his Twitter account.

When asked when fans can expect Wolfe to return to television, Hogan responded, "Desmond's situation is beyond TNA's control, the ball is completely in his court."

Wolfe and Magnus were scheduled to face Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin for the TNA World Tag Team Championship at No Surrender, but were pulled from the event at the last minute, with the organization citing a "personal issue" as the reason. The Pro Wrestling Torch reported that according to multiple sources within TNA, Wolfe was pulled from the pay-per-view event due to concerns with concussion side effects.

His on-screen absence was explained by Magnus, who claimed that in an attempt to become a dual athlete, Wolfe had traveled to London to tryout for Chelsea F.C.

Company president Dixie Carter announced on November 21, 2010 that Wolfe would be returning to television. On the December 16, 2010 edition of iMPACT!, Magnus met his former tag team partner Douglas Williams and informed him that Wolfe would be returning soon, while also telling him that they had gotten rid of Chelsea. Wolfe made his return in a non–televised segment at the December 10, 2010 iMPACT! taping when he and Magnus saved Douglas Williams from Fortune members AJ Styles and Rob Terry. The segment, however, did not air on the January 6, 2011 iMPACT telecast. Wolfe has not appeared for the organization since then.
Seriously a weird situation is this. What surprises me most though is that there has still been absolutely nothing to come out with what is actually up with Wolfe.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Starting to think his concussion issues are even more major then we may think which if so shows why WWE didn't pull the trigger with him.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Yeah, this is terribly odd. I saw him at a house show about a year ago and honestly haven't seen him since. Have been wondering what happened to him. I mean he had a pretty great introduction to the company feuding with Angle and then did nothing with him. Terrible waste of a great talent. Sucks if he truly can't compete because of health concerns though. Part of me thinks that even if he was cleared to compete, he wouldn't be doing shit anyways. Wouldn't surprise me.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
If there's a problem then TNA should just cut their losses and release him. He's no good to them if he can't perform. I hope there's nothing wrong with him and that he can return to ROH.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's nothing career threatening, because it would be an absolute shame for him to be forced into early retirement or something along those lines. I'm glad that he's not being rushed back onto television, though. You know when TNA are taking precautions, then it must be serious.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Randy Ricci, a former production manager for TNA Wrestling, claimed in a blog post on Friday that the reason Desmond Wolfe has not been wrestling in recent months is because he has Hepatitis C—a viral disease that leads to inflammation of the liver.

Ricci adds that the former ROH World Champion will be offered an office job.

Wolfe last wrestled for the organization in August. He and Magnus were scheduled to receive a shot at the TNA World Tag Team Championship against The Motor City Machine Guns at No Surrender, but were pulled from the event at the last minute, with TNA citing a "personal issue" as the reason. It was later reported that Wolfe was pulled from the event due to an undisclosed medical situation that would sideline him indefinitely.

Hulk Hogan is the only TNA Wrestling employee to publicly address Wolfe's status with the organization. When asked recently on Twitter about Wolfe returning to television, Hogan responded, "Desmond's situation is beyond TNA's control, the ball is completely in his court."
If true, i'm guessing a fair few guys who worked with him in ROH could be shitting themselves.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So this is what scared WWE off from signing him assuming he's had it that long. And if he has had it this long the fact that it took them this long to find out is really bad esp considering how much they have their guys blade.

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
Well damn I've been wondering about his whereabouts and this news is pretty unsettling. It now makes sense on why WWE pulled from using him for the most part.