Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, Good or Bad for TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hogan and Bischoff in TNA: Good or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xtremebadass

Reaction score
This conversation has almost existed in every TNA conversation since January. I put the poll up to really see if Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan have been good or bad for TNA Wrestling in general.

My opinion, other than Hulk Hogan sparking up the interest for the January 4th iMPACT! he hasn't really done much for TNA. When TNA still remained on Thursday nights they still got drew the same audience they did pre-Hulk Hogan TNA. Sure he is one of the biggest superstars in wrestling, but the guy can't go forever. In his mind, he thinks he will be able to draw the same crowd until the day he dies. He is getting way too old and the fans are showing that the Hulk Hogan interest has died down extremely. Same goes for Ric Flair.

Eric Bischoff has really done nothing for me in TNA. Plus he liked the OJ angle which really makes me think twice about Bischoff in TNA more than ever. I thought Bischoff in TNA would be alot like Bischoff as Raw GM which was great, but it has really turned out to be a terrible run. Maybe it is just me who hasn't been interested.

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
without a doubt bad. I've stopped watching tna because I just can't stand the stupidity thats going. I thought that once Hulk arrived this Russo story writing crap and atrocious booking would end but how wrong I was. Joe getting kidnapped, OJ story, Hogan/abyss angle, The Band etc.... it's just ridiculous

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Bad.

The direction TNA is going in pretty much backs this up. Their ideas aren't really all that original, they are just rip offs of old WWE stories that didn't go anywhere or shit from comic books (Abyss and his Green Lantern ring, Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas). They push the young talent aside and give a lot of time to old men that no one cares about anymore. AJ Styles was doing well and then they take him and make him Flair Jr.

It's a fucking joke to watch. You know each week there is going to be something so embarrassing that happens, you'll regret even being a TNA fan.

Hogan especially does not know how to do business. He hires his buddies and gives them the spotlight. Just because someone is your friend doesn't mean you just cater to them. There are tons of guys FAR more talented, interesting and hard working that deserve to get ahead. I don't give a fuck about any old NWO members anymore.

I wish all the backstage talent would just walk out and show Hogan how much he has fucked up the company.

nation

Reaction score
Daniels is gone now. So bad.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Eric Bischoff has really done nothing for me in TNA. Plus he liked the OJ angle which really makes me think twice about Bischoff in TNA more than ever. I thought Bischoff in TNA would be alot like Bischoff as Raw GM which was great, but it has really turned out to be a terrible run.

I thought so too. :(

I give Hogan and E a zero point zero on the Steamboat scale, and may God have mercy on their souls for bringing Orlando Jordan into anything. Before the shows were definitely hit and miss, but all of their PPVs were really awesome. Since Hogan came in their shows are more misses, plus their PPVs suck dick.

Put Jeff Jarrett back in charge, or better yet bring in Foley, Jim Ross, Cornette or Heyman to run things. Anyone would be better than Hogan and friends.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Before the new Monday Night War, I thought having TNA on at the same time as Raw would be great considering how bad Raw was getting. Come on, TNA has great in ring action, the few times they have legit matches, they use blood, and their roster is stacked. However, somewhere down the line, probably when AJ frosted and Hogan gave his HOF ring to the walking blueberry I lost interest. Jeff Jarrett's angle is a disgrace to what TNA stands for, mainly because of Eric Bischoff. Ken Anderson is just not believable for his promos. The Band angle is one of the worst, predictable, outplayed, lame angles I have seen in years. Only positives I have seen are Jeff Hardy and RVD wrestling every week.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Bad.

The direction TNA is going in pretty much backs this up. Their ideas aren't really all that original, they are just rip offs of old WWE stories that didn't go anywhere or shit from comic books (Abyss and his Green Lantern ring, Samoa Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas). They push the young talent aside and give a lot of time to old men that no one cares about anymore. AJ Styles was doing well and then they take him and make him Flair Jr.

It's a fucking joke to watch. You know each week there is going to be something so embarrassing that happens, you'll regret even being a TNA fan.

Hogan especially does not know how to do business. He hires his buddies and gives them the spotlight. Just because someone is your friend doesn't mean you just cater to them. There are tons of guys FAR more talented, interesting and hard working that deserve to get ahead. I don't give a fuck about any old NWO members anymore.

I wish all the backstage talent would just walk out and show Hogan how much he has fucked up the company.

If its comic book storylines then Samoa Joe = Elektra. I'll bet they follow that storyline & have him resurrected in a new gimmick, like Elektra. The Abyss angle is if a blueberry was given a green lantern ring. AJ Styles doesn't need a Flair Jr gimmick, his talent should be an example of why he is champ. I don't think Hogan is a businessman, he's just doing cronyism just like every US politician does. Hall shouldn't be in a ring, he has trouble performing the Outsider Edge & gets winded standing on the ring apron. If all the non-Hogan hired backstage talent walked, Hogan would just hire a bunch more guys who lick his ass. We could be subject to Grandmaster Sexay & Rikishi matches.

the408kid

Reaction score
Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have been bad for TNA ever since they came in to the company and here are three reasons why

1. The move to Monday night was a mistake. Although raw isn't getting the highest ratings ever, TNA has always had ratings in the 1.0 range while is more between 3.0 and 4.0. You gotta have the better numbers then that Hogan and Bischoff if you want to compete with the Big Boys.

2. Hogan bringing in his buddys. Scott Hall, X-Pac, The Freakin Nasty Boyz, and dont get me started with Bubba the Peuke Sponge. Just like was said up in another post, just because your friends with these guys doesn't mean their the best options for your company. Thank god the Nastys are gone now but we still have the 1-2-3 kid and Razor Ramon drunk ass pulling up the same stuff they did in the 90's.

3. The Storylines are just all over the place, and some are just stupid. I mean Abyssamania= major fail (why does hogan think abyss is the next big thing in wrestling), after the Pope won the eight card stud tournament, he only had a couple of promos after that before they kept him off tv for 2 weeks, and all the storylines clumped together like the bischoff - jeff jarrett - mick foley - beer money - rvd and hardy angle ( to many guys there) and some of the others that I have a hard time following.

TNA was doing ok before these arrived. It wasn't great but it was much more enjoyable to watch and now it's totally 90's WCW Nitro in a smaller scale.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
TNA was doing ok before these arrived. It wasn't great but it was much more enjoyable to watch and now it's totally 90's WCW Nitro in a smaller scale.

Its not even close to 90's WCW. People seem to forget that WCW had a very solid mid-card. They would feature those talents heavily, but not push to main event. WCW had memorable feuds for mid-card talent, unlike what TNA has been doing. TNA also does some of the worst turns ever in wrestling. More often than not they drop storylines without conclusions. Name a mid-card WCW talent from the 90's & I can probably tell you feuds they had, can't do that with TNA. I don't recall WCW having problems identifying who was a heel or face to the fans like TNA does. The past few years they've had problems identifying character's motivations onscreen & their alignment. Sting was Face to Heel to Face & back to Heel in under 2 months last summer.

btman

Reaction score
Not everything Eric and Hogan have done have worked. They're going to continue toying with the product until they work out all of the kinks. Which is good because in the existence of TNA, there was good wrestling... But the product was still pretty bland and I never got too into it. I'd watch it once, go hey that wasn't bad. And then not watch it for about 3 months. I was a hater until recently. Now they've got Bischoff, Jeff, RVD. Some of the kinks so far: Hogan Wrestling? Done. Nasty Boyz? Done. Hopefully they move on from OJ sooner than later though. And tweak Abyss to not be a Hogan Clone cuz thats not catching on. But I keep hearing about TNA and I really do think if I missed an episode I'd go wtf really? Shit I shoulda watched Impact cuz on Raw nothing really happened.

At least the product is fresh and they get rid of shit that doesn't work. Things in TNA haven't gotten started yet, yet alone Bischoff/Hogan being near finished.

Reaction score
Come on, TNA has great in ring action, the few times they have legit matches, they use blood, and their roster is stacked.

Other than the X Division, I really don't see much else that goes for them in terms of in ring action. I understand people like Kurt Angle, but the guy is a spot monkey who I'm not a great fan of. Wolfe, Pope and AJ are the only guys who excite me in the heavyweight division.

Blood is a nice gimmick, but it only adds to matches in certain instances. I don't see what the big deal of it is if you're connecting it to match quality. I'd connect it more to marketability and how they're aiming for an older audience than WWE moreso than wrestling.

bring in Foley, Jim Ross, Cornette or Heyman to run things. Anyone would be better than Hogan and friends.

That would be awesome. Too bad they've had their choice of Cornette and Russo before, even with the old administration, and they still made the wrong decision. Still, a team consisting of all four of those people in one booking squad would be jizz everywhere.

Obviously bad. The only good thing that has come out of this has been that Pope has found himself in a spot where he's challenging for the world title, but even his push has been disjointed. The guys that they have featured aside from him have been a big negative. AJ, as champion, should not be overshadowed by Hogan, Abyss, Sting and the like.

TDamien

Reaction score
Bringing in Hogan got the attention of the main stream media... something TNA didn't have before. So that part of it was good.

As of now, I agree that Hogan needs less time on the air. That needs to change but I still say a 3 hour show is the key.

Reaction score
A three hour show is only going to lead to greater overexposure of the guys who already receive too much TV time. When looking at the quantity of guys on the TNA roster, it may appear a good idea, but when you also look at the booking in TNA it says otherwise.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I said in the other thread, impact stays at an hour before Raw, in addition to a new show in it's old timeslot. Have a brand split like 2003-2004 WWE, that things are spread out and Russo is screwing up only half of a half of the operation.

Reaction score
Bad. What worked 14 years ago just doesn't work today. Hogan has never known it, Bisch did, that's why he changed Hogan, but after that his credibility ends. I can't fathom people labeling him "genius" for one great idea that he over killed. He hasn't done anything of worth in the booking department since 96 and Hogan has and always will be good for only a month or two of nostalgia. His continuity as a draw dried up years ago. The ratings don't lie, you don't go and lose 2/3rds of your January audience because Hogan is a draw, he's looking like the antithesis to drawing.

Then there is Russo, good lord there has never been someone so over rated to the point if he has a job in the industry that requires decision making, it automatically over rates him. There's a huge reason he had success in WWF and never any outside, while McMahon is still having big success in the E. McMahon has a better business sense than Russo. Russo was done the moment he stepped out of Vince's umbrella.

TNA is a bigger mess than it has ever been, and that's saying something. I mean they put on some god awful stuff the past three years, but whats coming out nowadays tops it all, even the first weeks of their PPVs where they had a gay tag team and giant penises wrestling (God bless Wrestlecrap). All the apologists keep saying give them time, but going on 4 months with huge decreases in the ratings is enough of a sign to realize things probably wont get any better under this administration, but Dixie is easily the Herb Abrahms of the modern era of wrestling. She is too star enamored and has no clue how to run in this industry, and sadly until she dies or her daddy decides to stop wasting his money on this, TNA will continue to suffer. They need to minimalize, go back to Thursdays, cut the roster in half and maybe even just produce two hours of tv separately and air them on different days, booked by separate parties to see what works. But as is, right now, things aren't working when you have three giant megalomaniacs who haven't done anything in over ten years, running the show.